What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

2015 looking to add new strains to the menu!

W

WeetisPotPie

This will be my first grow diary at icmag. I will do a little intro into my systems and how I grow and then the project at hand.

My garden:
Veg room is 4x7 and I run 2 400 watt mh.
I use 45 gallon tubs, with 6 sites in each tub dwc style with a pump spraying the 5 inch net pots. The pots are filled with hydro stones.

Flowering room is 7x7, 2 1000 watt hps and a 430 hps, I use blaze one ups rdwc system with very few mods, 15 site system.

For ferts I use veg+bloom for both cycles, in veg cycle I add hydro guard, for the flowering I add, +size and life.

My current strains are Ace seeds,China Yunan, Fatty Bubba, PCK and Benghi Haze, I also have an old Nirvan NL from my first grow ever, she doesn't taste great but her yield smell and potency are really nice so I have a hard time letting her go. I also a 2nd pheno of fatty bubba and PCK I haven't flowered out yet.

I'm not going to go to deep into my system and how I run it. I want this thread to focus more on the plants. If you want to ask me about my growing techniques(not that they are anything special) please just pm me.

OK, now the plan. I am looking to add some flavor and potency to my grow. I don't live in a place were clones are accessible so I use seeds to find what I like. Here are the genetics I'll be working with, please feel free to give advice on pheno types you've found or tried from these genetics. I didn't go with all one strain or breeder, I like to try a few seeds from many breeders instead of lots from 1 or 2. I'm not looking for keepers in from every strain just a few special ones. I also may keep some males from a few strains if they are worthy. I divided the strains into 3 flowering times, group A short-55-63 days, group B medium -63-70 days and the last group C 73 days and longer. I used breeder and net information for flowering times, so they are just a guess. I also WILL NOT kill any females in the veg stages, everything goes through the system at least once and gets tested before it is put down. I'm also not growing them in group order, I'm growing out the group B seeds first.

Genetics:
Group A-Next Gen Romulan(reg), HSO Emdog, Dinafem Blue Kush(freebie) and Dinfem Deep Cheese(freebie)

Group B-Ripper Double Glock, Hazeman 88G13/HP(reg), Loud Seeds Headband, RP Tangie and Greenpoints Starfighter/Stardawg(reg).

Group C-RD Ghost Train Haze#1, CG SSSDH, Loud Seeds Sour Diesel and Greenpoints Super Sour Fire OGxStardawg and Abusive KushxStardawg(both reg).

Seems like a lot but it really isn't. And I know some people may not agree with certain genetics I purchased, I know Romulan isn't anything close to the real stuff, but it is a strain I used to get when I lived in the PNW and have wanted for years so I said wtf. I would love to get elite clones but in my world it's not a reality, maybe someday when things are decriminalized......

So I've already popped batch B, 20 seeds total. 3 each of the Headband, Double Glock and Tangie, 5 88G13HP and 6 Starfighter/Stardawgs. All but one Headband has sprouted.
I also will be running....a mystery seed I found rolling around in a drawer!
I will post some pics once things get going a little bit, in the next 2 weeks. Please feel free to comment on any of the phenos you got while trying these genetics and how they grew and smoked for you. Pictures are welcome too.

Weetis

W

WeetisPotPie

Mini update. Going to be moving the majority of the new sprouts into the veg room tonight. I have 16 that are ready to go in now, and 3 that are out but not ready for veg they should be ready mid week. Only one bean didn't sprout, a lone Headband, I'll let if for another week. I know everyone loves pics so I'll post one when they are all moved in......GO HAWKS!!!!

W

WeetisPotPie

Here are some pics of the plants starting in veg. Took a little longer to get things done, since the room was empty I decided to make some minor upgrades. Anyway here are they are, nothing special. 18 out of 20 are in and doing well. One Double Glock still hasn't grown it's first leaves and one Headband never popped. Hopefully in these beans is a keeper or 3. Not ruling out keeping some males and maybe growing them out outdoors for the pollen.

W

WeetisPotPie

Quick update

Quick update

Here are some pictures. They have been in the veg room for about a week.

First picture is Greenpoint Seeds StarfighterxStardawg.

This tub has Ripper Double Glock, Reserva Privada Tangie and Loud Seeds Headband.

And last is Hazeman 88G13xHashplant and a Double Glock.

The numbers are just my labeling. All the seeds are female but the Hazeman and the Greenpoint.

sdd420

Veteran
Nice setup bro! Will be watching this killer grow. Variety is very cool peace sdd

W

WeetisPotPie

Thanks sdd420. I guess you've seen the childish shit going in the Greenpoint thread? It reminds me of being in bands.

J

johndoe123

Tagged. Excited to see how star fighter stardawg do for ya . I got the ecsd, deathdawg, starfighter crosses myself. Your in for a treat with the Loud Seeds Headband. This is my keeper :tiphat:
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

W

WeetisPotPie

Well Master Chine, idle hands...right. Thanks for dropping in your humor is always welcome and just what I needed today.

Thanks john, that is an awesome looking HB. I am really looking forward to her and my tangie. Let us know how the Stardawg crosses go for you.

W

WeetisPotPie

I wouldn't waste a spot on the Deep Cheese, no potency, and not a very good yield. I have been looking into those Loud Headband, I am subbed

Thanks, the DC was a freebie, I won't waste my inside grow on her, see if I can find a nice outdoor location to run her. Welcome aboard!

W

WeetisPotPie

First off, Happy Hockey Day Canada to all those north of the border and those who enjoy the sport.
Since we all like pictures here are some of my bagseed/drawerseed and Ace Seeds Fatty Bubba. The Fatty is the second pheno I have.
I haven't flowered her but she is very compact, super tight node spacing and massive fan leaves. My Fatty Bubba pheno 1 which I have flowered is taller and a lanky, you can see the pictures in my albums.

I am going to be really busy the next 3 weeks. I am going to post pictures on Sunday nights and give updates at that time. Most likely just do that every week till the run is complete.

Bag\Drawer seed

Fatty Bubba Short Pheno

W

WeetisPotPie

Update day 14 part 1

Update day 14 part 1

OK, one of my buddies explained the multi finger leaves. Back to the show.
Here are pictures of all the plants at day 14. Nothing really awesome going on yet, most of the good growth is underneath.
First up the 88G13xHashplant. Doesn't have the standard indica leaves for being one. But it's still young. No idea of any sex yet.

Then we have Tangie, they are the smallest of the bunch, that may be a blessing cause reports are they stretch in flower.

2 Headbands, they have the nicest structure so far.

And last but not least the most controversial strain I've grown, Starfighter x Stardawg. 3 are a little behind but they were furthest from the light I moved them this week so they would catch up.

Thanks for stopping by, like I said going to be doing updates on Sunday nights.

Last edited:
W

WeetisPotPie

Update day 14 part 2

Update day 14 part 2

These 2 are the Double Glocks didn't fit in the above post.

W

WeetisPotPie

Looking good bro . How did you like the fattybubba? Peace sdd

I have 2 Fatty Bubba phenos. The one pictured I haven't flowered I believe it's the more Orient Express leaning pheno. The other pheno is the Bubba Katsu and I have flowered it. The Katsu one is awesome, coffee, hashy taste on in hale and lemon zest on exhale. Nice even headed high, Great strain.

looking great :)

Thanks Kiloz. Pinched the tops Wed. They are looking good. Pics tomorrow.

Last edited:
W

WeetisPotPie

Update day 21 part 1.

Update day 21 part 1.

Here is my weekly update. Nothing really to report. Getting ready to harvest so I've been prepping for that. I did top all but 2 of the plants. Both are runts so I will wait on those. Everyone is healthy and their roots look great. 2 more weeks and they should be ready for flowering.

These are the 5 Hazeman 88G13 x Hashplant. They are the lightest green of all the plants, also they are the most uniformed. Not showing any sex yet.

Next are the Ripper Double Glock. I have to say Double Glock#1 is the most vigorous of any of the plants, and has the nicest structure so far.
Double Glock #1

Double Glock #2

Loud Seeds Headband have lots of good things about this strain.
Headband #1

Headband #2 Second in the vigor department.

Over all these 3 strains are coming along nice. No runts, I am getting some leaf curl, not much I can do as we are having sub zero temps. All the roots look good and I may take some shots of them with next week updates. Can only do 5 pictures a post so the rest of the update will be in the next post.

W

WeetisPotPie

Update day 21 part 2.

Update day 21 part 2.

Ok part of the weekly update.

Reserva Privada Tangie. I may hold these for the next flowering run since they are still a little small.
Tangie #1 the runt, not topped yet.

Tangie #2

Tangie #3

And of course last but not least the Greenpoint seeds Starfighter x Stardawg. Out of 6 I think one so far maybe male and one runt.
Starfighter x Stardawg here are 3 you can see 2 phenos emerging a short squat pheno including the runt and a taller pheno.

And the final set of Starfighter x Stardawg. I think the one in the back corner is a male or a more lanky 3rd pheno.

That's about it for this week.
Peace,