What's new

Putting my 2-month SourBubble Outdoors!! Advice?..

Marcellas

Veteran
What's up guys, I currently have a 2-month old plant growing which is about to go outdoors! The genetics are only the best, Sour Bubble BX3 breed by BOG himself :)

This grow has been very shaky, as I started on a fling as a minigrow for fun. I didn't expect much, because right now I am running on very limited recources with not much security either.. The first couple weeks of growth were slow in the growbox, planting the germinated SB seed in a small pot of light potting soil with perlite that has already been grown in.. Only under 15watts of CFL. The plant stretched a little bit but remained bushy as I bent the stem to over to train it. A few leaves would yellow..
... Than I added another 15watt light (30w CFL total), and watered with a very low ammount of urine for nitrogen to help the yellowing leaf problem. New healthy shoots and nodes sprouted from the plant, and she began to grow taller and bushier.. Here's a thread on her with video and pictures at about one month old :D >> http://forum.grasscity.com/showthread.php?t=94267

But after a couple weeks, she began to outgrow the 30watts of CFL light in the grow box. I should have transplanted into a bigger pot with more nutrients or something by now, but I had thoughts of flowering her early to get a small harvest. But I ended up moving my SourBubble plant to my windowsill with plans to go outdoors soon.

... Now my plant is almost 2-months old from sprout. I have been watering with straight water for over 2 weeks because I have procrastinating on transplanting her outdoors.. The top branches of the SB plant stretched alot, but healthy new shoots and leaf sets are sprouting out the top, and for some reason the stem reeks like a musky pine!! The top nodes of the plant are actually the biggest healthiest green leaves on the plant, with 11-bladed leaves! :D
The bottom of the plant doesn't look as good, but hasn't stretched and is a lot bushier than the top. Their are a some yellow/brown leaves in this section, and a few leaves have been plucked also.. But the bottom of my SourBubble has branches with as many as 6 individual nodes! I topped a healthy new node on one branch a week ago, and 4 extra leaf sets are sprouting already!
Since being put in the windowsill, the plant has stretched alot, but lots of healthy leaf sets have developed. It's hard to tell, but I think their may be female shoots sprouting on some of the nodes!! :woohoo: I had her outside in her tiny pot for the past few days while on vacation, and she bushed out a bit more, but I spotted a few tiny brown tics with what appeared like tiny cotton balls on the ends of the bugs..

But today is the day!! I'm am going now to go find a good spot to dig a nice hole in. I plan on digging a hole about a foot deep in a bushy enclosed area, where the greatest hours of sunlight are received in the morning (I heard this sunlight is the strongest?). The hole will be filled with a soil mix very similar to BOG's old method - about a gallon of light potting-soil w/ just a few pinches of equal ammounts of blood meal and bone meal, but I added some perlite and worm castings also. I'm plan on maybe topping my SourBubble plant a few times, maybe even tying her down or something..

But I need A LOT of advice here guys!! What am I going to do about those bugs and problems like that?? I have coyote urine to keep the deer nowhere in sight, but slugs are a HUGE problem arround here. I am at just about 43degrees North.. Any advice would be great guys!! :dueling:

Here's a few pics of my plant in the window just before the big transplant outdoors!! First a full SourBubble pic, than the top half and lastly, the bottom section of the plant.. Sorry about the shitty cellphone pics, I'll get my digicam for when she's outside!

Last edited:

Closet Funk

CeRtIfIeD OrGaNiC!
Veteran
Just make sure the plants are used to the sun before you put them directly outdoors. I'm sure the window seal helped alittle but I would gradually move them out into the full sun within a weeks time. This way the sun don't scorch you plants.

Marcellas

Veteran
yeah i've heard this before.. I've had her outside in the little pot for the past few days while I was gone, and she received a good few hours of direct sun early.. She loved it up and bushed out a bit on top :)

She's going outside now, so I'll update later guys!! Any ADVICE would be great!

G

Here's a tip - if you have dogs roam around DON't USE fish in your hole you'll keep finding your plant on the lawn, rank aromas wafting about, and the neighbours washing their dog...

I transplanted out into mid winter trying to teach a bush cross to grow all year. It lives! Now to keep it alive past the flowers and into spring.

If you choose to come back indoors make sure you bug spray the crap out of the cutting you take from outside. Possibly a fungicide as well.

Good luck, I disguise my outdoor plants by jamming them in gardens full of other plants. you have to know they're there before you'd actually see them.

R00KIE

I'd say go for it.... Just be sure to keep it in a shady spot for the first week or so... Then you should be able to stick her in full sun...
Give her a nice big pot or dig a BIG hole, and fill er full of good soil....
Good luck....

Marcellas

Veteran
well I found a nice spot.. it has lots of sun in the morning hours and decent sun during the afternoon.. the only thing im worried about is pests and security

the hole is dug, i just have to fill it with soil and SourBubble! :D

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
plant it directly in the ground and let her have some sun thats what she is waiting on :)

Marcellas

Veteran
Yes, I understand all of this. A nice big whole has been dug, about 2feet wide by 1.5ft deep.. Today I will be transplanting her in the hole, along with a nice soil mix, including light potting soil, perlite, worm castings, and equal ammounts of both bone meal and blood meal. I'm gonna have to get those little slug pellets because slugs have been a huge problem for my friends outdoor SourBubble plant. Bugs are a problem too..

I have good hopes for my SB girl.. My friend transplanted a huge SB plant at about the same age about a month ago- it began to flourish outside but ended up being a confirmed male, and it's growing flowers!

Marcellas

Veteran
Need Som Advice!!

Need Som Advice!!

Yeah I have to get those pellets but I heard they're expensive.. Where can I get this and how much? And what about the Sevin? I noticed that there are a few tiny light-brown colored tics with cotton-like balls on their backs, on my plant..

But anyways, I had a few other fuckups.. I planned on putting my SourBubble outside yesterday because the soil moisture was good outside and in the pot, it was sunny, and a branch I had topped has about 6 extra shoots!! But it began to rain, so I temporarily placed my plant in my growbox (which it has outgrown), with 35w CFL light on top (2 lights), and a 15w CFL on the side.. My plant was overdue for watering but I wanted to wait til the transplant, but later had to water the SourBubble in the growbox.
Well, I got high and left her in the box overnight. I thought she would be fine because I watered her but I forgot to turn the lights of at night and probably fucked up the light cycle too.. A large fan leaf on the 6th node from the top is half burnt and probably gonna die, and a few leaves on the bottom branches are slightly burnt too. :fsu:
.... I want to maybe top another lower branch that was slightly burnt, as it worked great for the other one. But should I still try to transplant her soon, or should I wait til she heals a little bit?? I guess I'm gonna have to wait to take a clone til the transplant because I'm out of my last SourBubble seeds from BOG!

Any advice on what I should do in this situation would be great!! I'll provide any other info you guys need on my SourBubble plant.. :D

Last edited:

Marcellas

Veteran
by the way, i think i forgot to mention that although I haven't transplanted outdoors permanently, I had my plant outside for a few days in it's tiny pot before I put it in the growbox.. Now it's in my windowsill again.

Any advice on what the best thing I should do is???

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sour Bubble

Sour Bubble

Sour Bubble outdoors

Sour Bubble right before going outside

I took her out of the growroom and put her straight outside in the sun.

Marcellas

Veteran
hey guys! she's not doing excellent as i've really slacked on her.. i finally put her in the ground though and she's recovering nicely. pretty sure it's a girl!! pics coming soon

GOATNUTS

Marcellas said:
hey guys! she's not doing excellent as i've really slacked on her.. i finally put her in the ground though and she's recovering nicely. pretty sure it's a girl!! pics coming soon

keep us posted Marcellas! i was gonna get some of those beans off of sb when it was open but they took them off the buy list so all you could do is sit and look at them while feeling like a dumbass :pointlaug ...

Brastaman

i think everytime you "top" the plant it diffuses energy being used to flourish growth above and below the ground. Transplanting can also be a stressful situation, i think your SourBubble will be fine now that it is outdoors permanantly...so maybe show some love by allowing mother nature to do what she loves to do. Take care of all things that live.
Seriously, when you start to notice signs of flowering purchase a high phosphorous guano and sprinkle it around the base of your plant; then saturate it thoroughly.
Also, for security reasons, go to the local arts and crafts store and purchase plastic "fake" flowers. if you place these flowers strategically on the SourBubble it might not stand out as much from afar.

Marcellas

Veteran
i'll get pics soon i swear!!!

i'll get pics soon i swear!!!

GOATNUTS said:
keep us posted Marcellas! i was gonna get some of those beans off of sb when it was open but they took them off the buy list so all you could do is sit and look at them while feeling like a dumbass :pointlaug ...

yupp, BOG sent me the seeds himself, sourbubble bx3.. im so fuckin pissed that i lost my last few good beans he sent me!! :bat: his breeds are definatly extremely sticky, stinky, and potent. the blue moon rocks sample that he grew personally and sent me for my b-day blew my fuckin mind-- wish i had the smoke report from og but i still have pics on my psp of the crazy bmr!!
check this out :D ... http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=4430

Brastaman said:
i think everytime you "top" the plant it diffuses energy being used to flourish growth above and below the ground. Transplanting can also be a stressful situation, i think your SourBubble will be fine now that it is outdoors permanantly...so maybe show some love by allowing mother nature to do what she loves to do. Take care of all things that live.
Seriously, when you start to notice signs of flowering purchase a high phosphorous guano and sprinkle it around the base of your plant; then saturate it thoroughly.
Also, for security reasons, go to the local arts and crafts store and purchase plastic "fake" flowers. if you place these flowers strategically on the SourBubble it might not stand out as much from afar.

weeks before my plant was transplanted, i did top a few lower branches.. i snipped less than half off the newest growth tip on the branch, resulting in as much as 8 new shoots on one branch instead of two! i realize this could have stressed it abit, but i think she should bush out nicely now that shes been transplanted into a big hole outdoors with nutes. :woohoo: i agree with you on letting nature take its course now that shes loving up the sun and the nutes - i just got back from a 4day vacation to find that the ditch near my plant has flooded and shes looking good!! :D
.... anyways, the buds should be developing soon and im pretty sure shes a girl! i heard today that using bananas in flowering is a great source for phosphorous. almost a week ago, i watered my SourBubble with a mixture of water and an unknown nutrient, almost sandlike feeling stuff but aqua-green colored- and my girl perked right up the following days!! shes in a pretty stealthy place and i don't plan on visiting too often. :)

... today i aqquired 2 clones of an unknown strain from an outdoor plant that was big, bushy, and reeked like skunk before even budding!! i have two small branches with a little water in plastic cups covered with plastic-wrap, under 46watts of CFL. i am high and have great hope for this season!! :D
FEEDBACKKK appreciated!!