What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

RDWC / E&F 400+270w

Meison

Hey guys, I'm back with the current grow. Been working a lot lately so here's an update!

We vegged with 270w LEP Plasma from Gavita, and added a 400e DigiStar HPS + EL2 Controler to get those flowers going!

All plants were in 10x10cm Grodan cubes prior to their current systems.

White Rhino from seed (E&F Scrog, the closer one)
Psicodelicia from Clone (E&F Scrog, at the back)
AK 47 from Clone (first one on RDWC)
Great White Shark from Clone (the one on the back RDWC)

Here's some pics

Day 10 for these 2

Day 1 RDWC

Ak 47 GWS

Last edited:

Meison

More of day 14

Ak47

Day 18
Doing some work on the back of the leaves, fighting damn mites. Was free of plagues for 2 years straight, guess is harder to keep it up than I though.. damn friends coming over with them bugs..

Last edited:

Meison

Extra info, the tents is 5x5 but only growing in 3x3 for extra working space, I like that.

Temps at 31°C, same for water temps. Bleach at 4% 0.4ml per gallon is life saving.. thanks Snype. No problems related to water temps so far!

Also the 3x3 grow area is better for light efficiency, I placed the lamps to overlap each other and fully hit both systems.

Meison

more info, rez change, 840ppm ph 6 for RDWC after 1 day I topped off with 7liters and read 810ppm, now its a 790ppm ph 6.15, send it back to 6. Gonna let it go down to 740 before adding more nutes

E&F was ay 760ppm ph 5.9, 1 day later 4 liter top off, 720ppm ph 6.1 now at 680ppms ph 6.2 also lower it back to 6.

Looks like plants are doing good, still fighting them mites
Will post pics soon

Meison

Meison,

Have you had a chance to flower with the Plasma as a supplement light? I heard that it adds oils?

Hey greengrassgrow thanks for stoping by. Well its the first time we flower with both hps and plasma together, in the last year we used plasma for veg, flower, and now mixed so its early to tell, but using plasma the whole cycle gave its fair amount of trichs. I will post pics later today its week 6 and we have some nic trichs again.

I can say it def improves the amount and the quality of the trichs and improves the taste, at least with our psicodelicia tests vs the hps alone.

Meison

Middle of week 6, we had to sacrifice the ak47 and the gws due to spider mites. Also had to do some hard trimming on the scrog to purge the spider eggs in the leaves and using cotton and alcohol to kill the ones left.

Can't bomb the room or spray anything because we are already in the lasts weeks of flowering.. had to be done to avoid massive reproduction of the spider mites, now its under control and will sterilize the room before the next crop.

White Rhino

Psicodelicia

Buds are dense and heavy, a lot of trichs! Gloves is a must when working on them

probably going to chop em both early so we can clean up the room, get rid of the mites and start a new batch with new strains we are vegging atm

cheers

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
H2O2 at roughly 10% will not harm the plants but burn up the SMs

Spray liberally, especially under the leafs

Can repeat several times a day. Byproduct is H2O

Not sure it will penetrate their eggs, but repeat daily at first light to make sure it dries completely

Meison

H2O2 at roughly 10% will not harm the plants but burn up the SMs

Spray liberally, especially under the leafs

Can repeat several times a day. Byproduct is H2O

Not sure it will penetrate their eggs, but repeat daily at first light to make sure it dries completely

Thanks PetFlora, I use both alcohol 99% and h2o2 10%, but none seems to be effective enough to stop them, and I can barely keep up with all the work I'm having lately.

Somehow the White Rhino just died? See the pics any comments appreciated, this never happened before

While White Rhino died, Psicodelicia is still perfect going on week 8 now almost ready to get choped. Have been flushing for a week straight tap water

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
They're in the same rez, right?

That is strange

I would need to see close ups of the buds and leafs

Have you looked at the RW? Maybe some weird shit growing in it, or salts build up

Also, see Wollybear's grow https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=301519

He's got nice nuggz < 200ppm! Maybe that strain doesn't like higher ppm, although 750 is ~ where I play

Kiloz

Those roots are white! really white :eek: I always have trouble keeping my roots that white in hydro, good job :)

Meison

They're in the same rez, right?

That is strange

I would need to see close ups of the buds and leafs

Have you looked at the RW? Maybe some weird shit growing in it, or salts build up

Also, see Wollybear's grow https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=301519

He's got nice nuggz < 200ppm! Maybe that strain doesn't like higher ppm, although 750 is ~ where I play

They are both in same rez yes, very strange we had to chop before it was completely dry. See the pics for details on buds and leaves.

We are going to chop the Psicodelicia soon before the dead roots of the WR start to rot the rest of the tray.

We think either the plant got something, or the psicodelicia colonized the whole tray or most of if, making impossible for the WR to get any nuts.. will post more pics in a couple of days.

Those roots are white! really white :eek: I always have trouble keeping my roots that white in hydro, good job
smile.gif

Thanks! Its not something usual, our roots aren't always white hehe
This tray was inoculated with bennies, we used a aquarium brand (sera) with any luck these roots are also white hehe

Meison

btw, PetFlora, to me it looks like its wayy too green for a 10+ days flush, besides that looks healthy as f hehe

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
btw, PetFlora, to me it looks like its wayy too green for a 10+ days flush, besides that looks healthy as f hehe

Thanks

I assume you are referring to my plants. The LED spectrum is not ideal for natural color, and my adjustment software leaves a lot to be desired

I am a much better grower than photographer

Latest posts

Latest posts