What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Texada Timewarp seeds questions! Canada growers where are you??

tranquilidy

Hello weed growers of the world! or maybe specifically CANADA?

I'm looking at growing a light dep greenhouse this year along the 49th parallel and considering the renowned Texada Timewarp as a primary crop. I've learned that the original TT was a clone only cut and is hard to come by in the seed lines but thought I could give the seeds a shot nonetheless. The seeds are offered by BC Bud Depot and Next Generation or possibly somewhere else??? Any advice on which seeds I should buy up to come across the best this strain has to offer?

The vigor and mold resistance / early flower / plus potency and yield are my primary draws to this strain - was also considering Chocolope for these traits / any other strains I should consider that fit all these requirements, I might look into?

Grow on and stay high, much thanks,

tranquilidy

Rinse

Veteran
Haven't grown pure timewarp but highly recommend goldwarp (timewarp x guerilla gold 5),
early tough plants with frosty potent nugs. I hear the timewarp clone is a bit old now and is actually better in crosses.

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'll slap you with a rotten vagina if you order from BC Bud Depot :D

Next Generation looks like a joke as well, same pictures for different strains. No descriptions beyond vague flower times.

I'd vote look for a cross from a reputable company. I haven't tried Goldwarp from seed, but have smoked whatever cut is floating around here under the same name. Very resinous, smack you in the face high for something that was cut down early.

tranquilidy

Thanx for the info Rinse. yeah I'm sure that clone is old now! Its been grown for over 30 years. I prefer seeds to clones in general because they have better vigor / disease resistance / and no chance of introducing spider mites if I don't use clones.

Next Gen says their seed line produces plants that are very similar to the original 90% of the time...and theres always a chance of finding a pheno BETTER than the original...

tranquilidy

Alright thats one slap with a rotten vagina if I order from BC Bud Depot - I was leaning toward Next Gen anyway based on my manly intuition.

and another recommendation for Goldwarp huh? I'll look into it.

thanx Mikell

StankyBeamer

Professional A$$hole
Go for peaks Texada crosses. They're $40 a pack free shipping, and I've heard nothing but good things about their other gear, and everyone says they have excellent customer service. I'd think their Texada x nl would be a nice quick flowering period, and northern lights is probably one of the sturdiest strains as far as resistance to stress and poor conditions, also low odor so your outdoor patch is a little bit safer from curious noses

mazar_man

Hello weed growers of the world! or maybe specifically CANADA?

I'm looking at growing a light dep greenhouse this year along the 49th parallel and considering the renowned Texada Timewarp as a primary crop. I've learned that the original TT was a clone only cut and is hard to come by in the seed lines but thought I could give the seeds a shot nonetheless. The seeds are offered by BC Bud Depot and Next Generation or possibly somewhere else??? Any advice on which seeds I should buy up to come across the best this strain has to offer?

The vigor and mold resistance / early flower / plus potency and yield are my primary draws to this strain - was also considering Chocolope for these traits / any other strains I should consider that fit all these requirements, I might look into?

Grow on and stay high, much thanks,

tranquilidy

Not sure why you would care much about early flowering in a light dep.. you can grow most stuff if you are tarping it all the way through. Pure timewarp is pretty lanky to make best use of space in a dep tunnel imo. If you are sold on something with warp in it I would try to find the Cweed/seaweed/cwarp cut (all same cut just dif names).. a more indica tw cross and most proven BC outdoor cut. stay away from bc bud depot

Rinse

Veteran
Not sure why you would care much about early flowering in a light dep.. you can grow most stuff if you are tarping it all the way through. Pure timewarp is pretty lanky to make best use of space in a dep tunnel imo. If you are sold on something with warp in it I would try to find the Cweed/seaweed/cwarp cut (all same cut just dif names).. a more indica tw cross and most proven BC outdoor cut. stay away from bc bud depot

Ye, those strains will work outdoor around the 50th,
I'd love a light dep set up you can basically grow anything.

Many Uk growers are switching to Canadian strains over the usual Dutch stuff. Guerilla gold crosses especially do well.

tranquilidy

thanks for the great info all, I should have been cruising this forum years ago for knowledge, this is insightful. I'm not sold on the Timewarp necessarily, just heard good things about its vigor / yield / mold resist / flavor etc. The light dep g-house is in a mountain environment with cooler temps and morning dew so mold resist is somewhat an issue.

I'm leaning towards ordering a 10 pack of Next Gen Timewarp - its only about $60. and then getting a couple other strains to mix it up. More exciting to grow diversity anyways.

FYI: I'm also throwing a few sativa strains in the light dep, some Purple Haze x Chitral crosses, and some Nepali sativas x indica crosses. Grew some last year for headstash...I don't think it looks marketable / too airy and fluffy but Damn it's good!

Peace,

tranquilidy

Brelva

alternative seeds have a worked timewarp line as well, fyi. :tiphat:

"Texada Timewarp x (Texada Timewarp/NL#5) f4

Outdoor
This is an inbred line containing original Texada Timewarp genetics. Timewarp dates back to the 70s, originally grown on Texada Island in B.C. This Canadian legend has stood the test of time and is a true favourite amongst long time outdoor farmers. These buds are what made the strain so famous. The high hits you right behind the eyes and is very heady and strong due to its sativa nature. The buds are heavy and have a wonderful lemony floral taste and aroma. The plants have the potential to grow very large. The branches grow long spears of buds that are highly mould resistant. This strain practically grows itself outside. Its genetics are very hardy, as proven outdoors. The harvest window runs from Sept 20th to end of September. Yields are potentially very high and are perfect for the Canadian climate."

tranquilidy

Thats what I'm talkin' about Brelva! Timewarp is a legend, I've always wanted to see if it lives up to it's rep.

Speaking of which - I finally just blew my wad on my seed order for the year!

I got: 10x beans each of:

ACE - Pakistani Chitral Kush
Next Generation - Texada Timewarp
ACE - Erdpurt
Cannabiogen - Peyote Purple

with free seeds:

2x White Widow
4x Deep Cheese
3x Blue Kush
10x Afghani

that should do it for the season - I'll try to report back sometime but internet access is limited for me, I live way the heck up in the mountains and have to drive to the library to get access.

Cheers to the new OD season,

tranquilidy

yahooman

ive grown alternative tt and i got 4 males,6 females.....5 of which i culled...but 1 was pure lemon sweetness!it was incredible!

i bought 4 more packs

The cut is so rare now everyone has moved to kush. Skip bc bunk depot and next gen, in a couple years the clone will be available to the public again

Limeygreen

Veteran
I hope so but I have heard the original is quite old now, not sure what that means for quality, hopefully someone will be making excellent hybrids with her rather than trying to put her in a seed form, say with original haze or puna haze sounds lovely, perhaps the congo would be a nice match.

I hope so but I have heard the original is quite old now, not sure what that means for quality, hopefully someone will be making excellent hybrids with her rather than trying to put her in a seed form, say with original haze or puna haze sounds lovely, perhaps the congo would be a nice match.

"someone" will be making sure the cut gets around so people can do what they want with it. Personally i wouldnt cross timewarp to any of that, so its a good thing it will be available for people to do what they want with because everyone would do something different. Personally id reverse it to trainwreck lol and make a outdoor westcoast hybrid, or a few other things.

Sorceror

When does the cut finish for you? Lat? I've been looking for something for lat 49 Mid September finisher for a while now. Think I may try Aces early offerings.