What's new

Blues 3 Ways! The ShowDown

"HEMPEROR"

BLUES 3 WAYS!
THE SHOWDOWN

Oky doky fellow ic,ers i finally got this show on the road (again) lol after pulling the first round of plants due to pm so now starting with new clones and new room it should(hopefully) be behind me. fell free to comment and any replys and (usefull) critisisms are welcome.respect.......
strains 3 local cuts!

livers
blue meanie
sheff/barnsley blues

ok so ill be running 3 local cuts livers a cut ive had a long time all my cropper friends run this cut and have done for years and imho there,s no better cut out there for taste and smell! blue meanie another local cut but my first time running her a kind fairy stuck it through my letter box and im very keen to run this cut! and lastly sheff/barnsley blues cut! also first time running this cut i got it from a friend in barnsley who refers simply as blues, it smells and tastes like livers but at this point they do look like diff cuts but we will see! afaik in sheff/barnsley there are 5 cuts that i know of which are these 3^^^ barnsley jack and sheff blue jack these 2 i thought were the same cut but not 100% sure on that until i grow the barnsley jack cut in the next grow and then FOG will give his opinion as to if its the same blue jack cut he has run before!
and the blues cut is very like livers but not livers i think i read a few years ago it was livers crossed to b52 but this is all speculation and it could turn out to be one of the other 2 im running? so im just gunna grow these cuts and see wot buds these other 2 cuts give and compare them to the orig livers cut! respect........

KIT
growing in a hydrolab 150 for this grow under a 1000w dual spec sunmaster bulb in a large adjusta-wing shade and plants will be run in an autopot system mainly for ease cuz next week ill focusing on building and running another bigger grow! ok so plants have just been transplanted into 15 ltr pots after 2 weeks under the prop light so ill class tomorrow day 1 veg! medium is coco/pebbles 60/40 and will be using hydrotops custom made bioponic nutes! i also have 12 plants for now but will only be running 9 plants 3 from every strain ive also got a couple of pots that i havent labelled cuz i got them mixed up when the labells fell off when they were small so ill need to let them grow a little to id them as they all look very alike! also may throw the scrog screen over them but ill let them grow a little to give me an idea of height before i make that decision! ill be hand feeding these for a week or so then ill setup the trays air lines and res so they can be fed from the valves all depends how long it takes for roots to hit the pot bottoms! they,ve been watered in with 0.6 ec base and 1mpl of dutch pro root it and vita link bio ph 5.9! thats about it ill prolly update in a week or so till thing start moving on! cheerz..........
some pics!
rooting little pots in prop tent!
picture.php

potting up
picture.php

and in the tent under 1000w
picture.php

picture.php

my livers cut
picture.php

sandsmp81

Veteran
Interesting thread.

So your Sheff/Barnsley blues is "steel city blues" which is livers x b52? And the livers/Blues is from Sheffield too....these S Yorks lot love their blues strains.....all very confusing is this.

"HEMPEROR"

Interesting thread.

So your Sheff/Barnsley blues is "steel city blues" which is livers x b52? And the livers/Blues is from Sheffield too....these S Yorks lot love their blues strains.....all very confusing is this.

yes mate something like that but tbh thanks to ugorg naming there hack blues its now very hard to find the real cut/s as now there,s fakes all over the shore! one thing missing from there strain tho is exact taste! its good but ultimately no cigar lol there,s also some confusion with blues because in sheff when ppl refer to blues they arent necessarily referring to livers! cheese, blue cheese, psychosis and strains of that type are all in the blues bracket its a type of weed not strain specific and thats wot some ppl dont realize! thanks for looking in!:tiphat:

Last edited:
F

Fields~of~Green

Finally :biggrin:

Can't find the popcorn smiley at the mo

I heard the b52 story aswell and they call it steel city blues I'm sure a guy on here called cureuk visited a guy and videod it he was growing steel city blues am sure piff will have a link to that vid

Now as you know Ive grown the meanie and bluejack and I also got the livers so I'm looking forward to seeing those unfold

At the mo that last pic your calling blues is as it stands now a dead ringer for the bluejack I grew(my opinion)
you see the tiny leaves of the 5 fingers forgot there name now well on most plants there's two if you look closely the last pic it throws what I like to to call it the retarded leaf and there's only one
the bluejack used to do this a lot but I'm sure it dissappears in full flower it's been along time now since I grew it you will see 7 finger leaf sets at flower too that's if it is what I grew

Anyways enough rambling from me

Looking forward to the grow ps why is the hydrotops called bioponic :tiphat:

sandsmp81

Veteran
Looking forward to seeing some bud shots to compare with the "berries" that is always coming out of Leeds,I'm guessing it's the blues as it seems to be the same shit as the blues I used to get from the Notts area 8 odd years back.

F

Fields~of~Green

Looking forward to seeing some bud shots to compare with the "berries" that is always coming out of Leeds,I'm guessing it's the blues as it seems to be the same shit as the blues I used to get from the Notts area 8 odd years back.

Sands have you come across a special blueberry round our way it's an old one smelt super sickly Sweet like peardrops acetone average yield and done in around 8-9wk

"HEMPEROR"

Finally :biggrin:

Can't find the popcorn smiley at the mo

I heard the b52 story aswell and they call it steel city blues I'm sure a guy on here called cureuk visited a guy and videod it he was growing steel city blues am sure piff will have a link to that vid

Now as you know Ive grown the meanie and bluejack and I also got the livers so I'm looking forward to seeing those unfold

At the mo that last pic your calling blues is as it stands now a dead ringer for the bluejack I grew(my opinion)
you see the tiny leaves of the 5 fingers forgot there name now well on most plants there's two if you look closely the last pic it throws what I like to to call it the retarded leaf and there's only one
the bluejack used to do this a lot but I'm sure it dissappears in full flower it's been along time now since I grew it you will see 7 finger leaf sets at flower too that's if it is what I grew

Anyways enough rambling from me

Looking forward to the grow ps why is the hydrotops called bioponic :tiphat:

cheerz mate yeh like i said in my intro there is a big ? as to the blues cut im running cuz previously said blues is a type that blue jack falls into so even tho i was passed a blues cut it may well be and tbh if it is blue jack ide be happier than it being sc blues which imo is just a fake livers but either way i wont dwell on it ill grow it out sameway and see wot comes of it! stem rub stinks tho lol and yeh FOG hydrotops call there feed bioponics cuz they use bio ingredients where poss and a few chem where essential so in essence its bioponics but hit there site up its all explained you can have a custom nute made up if you send a water sample and i even got them to make me some for my RO water at the previous house which would be right up your street! cheerz for looking in guys!:tiphat:

Got grade written all over this good luck mate! Would love to get hold of a livers cut down get me down here more like sheep shit lol

Piff Rhys Jones

🌴 Hugging Trees 🌴
Veteran
[YOUTUBEIF]s-PNgxXNe0U[/YOUTUBEIF]

Check this vid ^

Yeah the cure guy claims to have met the guy that bred steel city blues, and this is apparently unrelated to livers according to him. He reckons it's B52 x unknown male, but that sounds like bullshit to me as B52 is a discontinued Nirvana strain based on Big Bud and skunk. He also says it's about ten years old which is far younger than livers.

I always thought the true Livers came from a west indian of the same name.

Elevatorman always said Livers and blues were different cuttings. He also had his mystery stain which he said was not livers or blues but very similar. That's the mother of Blue Meanie apparently. But who knows. I've never tried any of them knowingly. Lots of other people say livers and blues are one in the same. A lot of it is probably opinion as each time I run the same clone the end result is always subtly different to the previous runs.

Peace

"HEMPEROR"

[YOUTUBEIF]s-PNgxXNe0U[/YOUTUBEIF]

Check this vid ^

Yeah the cure guy claims to have met the guy that bred steel city blues, and this is apparently unrelated to livers according to him. He reckons it's B52 x unknown male, but that sounds like bullshit to me as B52 is a discontinued Nirvana strain based on Big Bud and skunk. He also says it's about ten years old which is far younger than livers.

I always thought the true Livers came from a west indian of the same name.

Elevatorman always said Livers and blues were different cuttings. He also had his mystery stain which he said was not livers or blues but very similar. That's the mother of Blue Meanie apparently. But who knows. I've never tried any of them knowingly. Lots of other people say livers and blues are one in the same. A lot of it is probably opinion as each time I run the same clone the end result is always subtly different to the previous runs.

Peace

yeh mate cheerz for that i have seen the vid b4 and that kid is from the manor in sheff i dont know him but a friend does yeh he,s full of sh_t mate for a start how do you have an unknown male lol even if he was running 2 strains from beans and he left one male in he would atleast say its either x this or x that lol he was just trying to big himself up by claiming credit for the strain and like i said b4 i dont have a clue wot the so,called blues actually is i was just giving any of the 5 possibilities of the cuts that circle our end! it could turn out to be non but as i mentioned b4 in sheff and surrounding city,s blues is a type of weed not specific to livers any of ther stinky uk cuts if grew and sold on street would all be knocked out as blues! thanks for input and knowledge piff always appreciated:tiphat: oh btw just reading back its possible that blue or barnsley jack could possibly be in the mystery strains genetics as they are very alike in all ways!

S

SPG.

DIG THE ADVERTISING^ :D

Is the BS Blues the same as Sheff/Barnsley blues?
Meanie vs the Livers!!! Awesome.... (again) Sure Mack10 said the Livers was more BlueBerry and the Meanie Has more a sweet Edge.Bm is very sweet..

"^theres mack's blues too! ..Remember that was strong."

^^^^ ARhhhH! yes thx PRJ that video's cool."Cannabis cure tv" from Sheff' Bet they have lots of Vid's
^He's a NFT Man!! got sense i see! :D

Last edited:

"HEMPEROR"

Meanie vs the Livers!!! Awesome.... (again) Sure Mack10 said the Livers was more BlueBerry and the Meanie Has more a sweet Edge.Bm is very sweet..

yeh mate thats how i labelled it b/s blues as to not mix it up and yeh i had the macks blues in the first set of cuts but thats the only one i didnt have backed up so not got that anymore although i would like to run it ill see if i can re-aquire her at some point! thanks for droppin in spg always a pleasure.......:tiphat:

Piff Rhys Jones

🌴 Hugging Trees 🌴
Veteran

BS Blues stood for Bullshit Blues as it was actually a UGORG killer skunk. Not to be confused with Barnsley/Sheff Blues! :biggrin:

Peace

"HEMPEROR"

BS Blues stood for Bullshit Blues as it was actually a UGORG killer skunk.

Peace

oh lmao no its not that cut i dont think anyway lol was pure coincidence me calling it that but to add i got this from a guy who,s run it a long time and doesnt do the online thang we do so it poss but doubtfull its killerskunk lol:laughing:

S

SPG.

I had a Killerskunk..Found it Was'nt Smelly like UGORG had Stated but it was Pretty Strong 4 Sure. IMO anyhow..
[^Or AS Smelly]

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts