What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

1oz of bud to the iso gods :D

V

vhGhost

This is the way i make oil ... it is a very quick rinse method, with 3 different rinses.

First i prepare the popcorn bud by busting it up, but not to a powder.

Busted up and ready for the freezer

I don't find that it takes to long in the freezer if its spread out really well, Plus the iso also gets the freezer treatment, i will only use about 750ml of iso this run.

These are my basic ingredients

2L pop bottle cut down - this way i can move the bud around easier and not have to mess with it

The first 2 rinses should only take as long as it takes to drain through. About 250ml per dish.

First rinse

2nd rinse

3rd rinse is a bit different, by now the bud has been in contact with the iso for no more than 1 min(2dishes). So what i do is take the bud out of the filter and into a masson jar filled with 250ml of iso. Then i shake the jar like crazy for about 30-60sec, and drain through the coffey filter for the 3rd rinse.

I use a rice cooker and it holds my pie plates perfect. And i DO IT OUTSIDE
http://www.epinions.com/hmgd-Small_Appliances-All-Salton_3_Cup_Automatic_Rice_Cooker_RA3

Rinse 1 finished - i left it just a tiny bit oily unlike the 2nd rinse

Rinse 2 finished - This turned into chrystal, scraping this was interesting( my thumb was covered in sparkly goodness

Rinse 3 finished - well this 1 i kept oily so that i can store it in a vile.

And the finished product. Vile 3rd rinse, bottum 2nd rinse, top 1st rinse.

I like doing it like this, and in the future i might add another 250ml of iso and another pie plate, just to see how much more is wasted.

I hope you all enjoyed my way of making oil( well not really my way ) just my experience.

Last edited:
V

vhGhost

Finally finished,

Rinse1 - .5 grams
Rinse2 - .7 grams
Rinse3 - .8 grams

Tottal - 2 grams of some smoooth oil. :D hope you all enjoyed

Last edited:
G

GeT TwiZtiD

Not bad at all!! That's very easy and a very good idea. Im thinking about trying this. It's very simple!

D0nC0smic

damn that looks tasty so you used a zip? so 2 g's from 28, with that ratio that should be same damn potent medicine.

V

vhGhost

hey thanks guys, yeah, i can't seem to break 2.5grams from a zip... but ah well i like it clean and quick!! ... and the Rice cooker, IT WORKS AWSOME.... :D

Hashmasta-Kut

honey oil addict
Veteran
vhGhost said:
hey thanks guys, yeah, i can't seem to break 2.5grams from a zip... but ah well i like it clean and quick!! ... and the Rice cooker, IT WORKS AWSOME.... :D

a good buddy of mine made mega TONS of ISO oil/budder for years. he would get 3.5 or so max from his strain(kush). he did a 3 step rinse too.

with butane you dont need to do that multi step ordeal at all.

i converted him over to using butane. well he converted after being exposed to getting around 5 grams of more tasty at least equally potent oil, in less time too :) . we get between 18-23 percent return using butane with his bud, and he used to get max. 14 percent with iso. not as tasty either.

Last edited:
V

vhGhost

your a smart man Hashmasta-Kut - i think i will try that... i'm always about the return :D

frostyy420

vhGhost listen to Hashmasta-Kut. He knows his oil in and out. Always coming with pics that make me drool. Have you checked out Ninjas ISO threads?

K

karl420

hello nice looking hash man :p here there is 44 grams of it i done it with the honey bee extractor i was grinding the shake into powder then filling my honeybee and was using 2x 750 ml of tripple raffined butane i was changing the filter each 2 bottles i used like 24 bottle of that for this lot i got soo stoned with all that stuff its awesome i recommend it if you can get some lbs of shake ;) it look dark but when spreaded it golden stuff :D i done this with m39 :D

Last edited:
K

karl420

here the honeybee extractor plus a addon i made :D it stop the spill of the god stuff :D i used a cap of a 750 ml tripple rafined nibo bottble i cuted the bottom of it and it fit PERFECT to my extractor :D

-karl

Hashmasta-Kut

honey oil addict
Veteran
i never seen butane cans anywhere near that big

are you sure it isnt 250 PLus 50 grams free = 300 gms total..? cuz i seen that b4....

V

vhGhost

wow can't believe how behind i have fallen on this thread. Great info guys!!!

Frostyy420 - yep ninja's threads and other threads around ic have help alot in deciding on the right way to do it ( the SAFE way ).

Karl - interesting way to make oil..

HMK- i finally have a few runs with bho under my belt .... i really enjoy the quickness of it .. + much cleaner than iso, at least for me.

i'll post some info later... damn chrystals are fun!

Cakes

I heard of "deflagration" with ISO. like it can ignite on contact with oxygen. do you know about that? is that something to do with the amount of ISO used or such?

illeagel smile

I tried this alot of different ways. The ISO is the best I tried but thats only because I couldnt get the butane method to work. Id love to know how to use the butane method.