What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Karma's Og - Karma Genetics - Kalyx

Kalyx

Karma's OG - Karma Genetics

I feel blessed and honored to have the ability to run these magical seeds. These will be babied, loved and treated with the utmost care. I want to give out a big thank you to KarmaG for all your hard work dedication and commitment to this amazing plant. I know much time and effort have been put into many years of hard work creating these amazing seeds. I know that this strain is very special to you, I know you have poured your heart and soul into creating this plant. I will put equal effort, passion and love into this grow and treat these special plants with the love they deserve.

Big thanks and shout out to RandomMan and KarmaG for making this happen!

picture.php

This is going to be a great grow, there are so many exciting things going on right now in my garden. There is so much fire in the genetics Im lucky enough to be growing right now, add these to the mix I'm speechless. These girls maybe a little late to the party but nothing wrong with being fashionably late. Besides they are the cherry on top on some amazing seeds Im lucky enough to be growing.

Equipment

Veg Room - Consist of a 2 bulb 2ft Hydrofarm T5 for starting seeds and clones. A 8 bulb 4ft Hydrofarm T5 for bigger vegging plants. A 250w MH light thats used for larger plants getting ready for flower.

Flower Room - 60x60x80 Grow Tent - Using a 1000w HPS/MH switchable ballast with an air cooled hood, squirrel cage and carbon filter.

Grow Medium

All Soil here as simple and natural as I can. Will be starting plants out in FoxFarm Ocean Forrest with added perlite. Once they are transplanted into larger pots I will still be using FFOF with added perlite and worm castings. They will start out in Solo cups and eventually be transplanted into 5gal pots for flowering. They may be transplanted to 3gal first but will be in the 5 gal pots by the time then enter flowering.

Nutrients

Midway through flower plants will probably be given a top dressing of fresh worm castings. For feedings I will be using the FoxFarm line up of Big Bloom, Microbe Brew and Kangaroots Root Drench. During veg only the root drench and micro nutes will be used. During flower the combination of all 3 will be used. I give my plants lots of pure water their entire cycles trying to only use the nutrients when necessary. I like to keep things simple and basic and let nature do the hard work for me.

Training

I usually top my plants between the 5th and 6th nodes and will plan to do that with these. I feel it gives the plants enough time to establish a good root base and grow strong. I feel this sets things up for good branching and easy training. I will plan to tie down and pull out the top shoots to work the plants into short little bushes. Im expecting a good amount of stretch on these girls, so keeping them short and bushy is the game plan during veg.

10/20 - The Start of an Incredible Journey

My seeds arrived today safe and sound and not a second too late. To say I was a little antsy and anxious for these babies to show up would be a bit of an understatement. A perfect way to start the week couldn't ask for anything better. I received my Karma's OG seeds nice safe and sound and in perfect condition. They are all small seeds but look very healthy and mature. I can feel they are giving off good vibes and are telling me they are ready to start their magical journey.

The Goal

To let nature and the magic inside these beans do their things. I would like to show off this amazing strain and let the community see the special plants awaiting to be unlocked. I would love to find a special mother plant to bless my garden with and keep the good vibes rolling. I really want to just grow these babies in all their glory and show the community these great plants. I will provide details on everything good or bad, even if I screw something up. I stay steady and consistent with weekly to bi-weekly updates throughout the entire grow. I will record my opinions, observations, thoughts and descriptions of growth, structure, smells, taste and effects. I think I tend to go overboard at times with information and pictures so expect lots and lots of both. I know KarmaG put so much love into these, I have been highly anticipating this strain for months. I just hope I can do the justice that these special seeds deserve, I can feel the good vibes and karma rolling.

6 of 6 Karma's Og - Placed in a shot glass of water to start germination

picture.php

picture.php

Once they crack open and fall to the bottom of the shot glass, they will be planted. I will place them in solo cups with FFOF with added perlite. I like to make sure there is very good drainage and aeration in my soil, especially when they are starting off and young plants.

I am so honored and excited to grow these plants thank you again RandomMan and KarmaG.:ying:

More updates coming soon.

Last edited:

Alpen rock

High

Tagging along here, frontrow:woohoo:.

Your growing style should be really interesting to watch too.thks fr sharing!!
Peace

Kalyx

@Alpen rock - High Alpen! thanks for stopping by this is going to be a fun grow.

@Marlo - Thanks I appreciate it!:tiphat:

@sourpuss - Glad you stopped by sour I feel like I won the lotto with these babies.

@Gardening Angel - Hey GA always happy to have you aboard. I wont have the large selections you have but Im going to find some great plants regardless of numbers.

@unregistered190 - Thanks man I appreciate it welcome aboard.:tiphat:

@Useful Idiot - I appreciate your kind words Useful, these plants will be babied like they were my children. Always glad to have you along for the ride.

@nickman - Welcome to the show thanks for stopping by.

Update 10/21 - Germination is a Go!

Well good news 6 of 6 Karma's OG have cracked open and dropped the the bottom of the shot glass. All had dropped well inside of 24 hours of being in water. All 6 have been planted in Solo cups filled with FFOF with some added perlite. The waiting game begins to see how quickly these babies pop about the ground stay tuned.:ying:

Kalyx

Update 11/2 - Grow Little Babies Grow

Sorry for the lack of updates and activity but it has been very slow going the past 12 days since the previous update. We last left off with 6 of 6 seeds dropping to the bottom of a shot glass of water and being planted in cups of FFOF soil. Normally for me the plants seem to sprout within 3 to 5 days of being planted in soil. Almost always within a week everything will have sprouted above ground and I will then officially begin counting veg days.

As of now there are 4 of 6 plants above ground, at this time I fear the remaining 2 will not pop up. It took 7 days for the first one to break ground. It seemed to be about every day to other day another plant would break ground. The last baby popped up on 10/31, I will continue treating the remaining 2 like the will still sprout but I have my doubts. The 4 Karma's Og that did come up are growing slowly but look to be otherwise healthy.

I have done everything with these seeds that I normally do when germinating, planting and tending to seedlings. They were placed in the same soil mix as my other seedlings, watered with the same water and used the same light source. I have no idea why their growth has been so slow as I have changed nothing with my methods. I feel that this is an error on my part somehow rather than an issue with the seeds.

The best guess I could come up with is with fall coming in and colder temperatures could cause more dramatic temperature fluctuations. I have other plants that were started a few weeks earlier that have had no issues or slowed growth. I also have some clones that were taken shortly after these seeds were started. The clones appear fine and have started rooting. I still feel this is a problem caused by me or my environment, even though no other plants have shown negative effects. Im not sure exactly what the temperatures have been getting to at night when lights are off. If I had to guess I would think it has been a fairly large shift at night. Assuming this is the issue I have opened up some extra heat vents around the grow room so it should stay warmer at nights going forward.

They are small but do appear healthy very easy going by size to see which order they popped up. Hoping they get their growth going well here and really explode with some vigor in coming weeks. I will make sure to give them lots of love and attention regardless.

picture.php

Marlo

Seedsweeper
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Healthy lookin babies Kalyx.

I had no problems with germ. 10/10 on my end.
But I am also seeing slower than normal growth on these lil guys. Temps could be a bit higher.... but other than that, I haven't done anything different. Maybe I need to stop watching them, lol.

:tiphat:

Kalyx

Healthy lookin babies Kalyx.

I had no problems with germ. 10/10 on my end.
But I am also seeing slower than normal growth on these lil guys. Temps could be a bit higher.... but other than that, I haven't done anything different. Maybe I need to stop watching them, lol.

:tiphat:

Lol funny you say that about needing to stop watching them... I was thinking maybe I am watching them too much and wanting to give them too much love lol. I just need to sit back and let them do their thing. Im probably just over thinking things too much, temps could be playing a part for sure but sending in extra heat now so that won't be an issue. 4 plants is better than none, hopefully the other 2 will pop up soon but blessed to have a chance to run these seeds and have the 4 plants I do have.

@Seaf0ur - Thanks man, you are right, if it was anything Im guessing it was temperature. If that was the case could have a huge impact on the root growth and development.

Kalyx

Update 11/16 - Day 14

It has been 2 weeks since my last update and things are progressing along nicely. Plants are starting to get some vigor and have been growing really well recently. Last week I still only have 4 of 6 plants that had sprouted so I decided to do some digging and see what happened. Turns out the 2 plants the never sprouted, instead of growing upwards to the light grew upside down. I wish I had taken pictures but didn't have my camera with me at the time. I have never seen anything like it but their cotyledon leafs were open at the very bottom of the solo cups. By this time they were dead, discolored and decomposing so I tossed them out. I have germinated a lot of seeds in my day and have never seen this. All 6 seeds were germinated and planted the same way so Im not sure what happened, Im sure it was something I did wrong though.

My 4 baby Karma's Og are looking great though and appear very happy and healthy. I really love the look of their fat rounded fan leaves with that dark green color. They are growing pretty compact and are just starting to branch. I hope that in the next 2 to 4 weeks I will be able to sex them. The ladies will then be transplanted into 5gal pots. I do plan to do some topping and training before placing them into the flowering tent. I have started giving them micro nutrients and a root drench with their waterings and they have really seemed to love it.

Karma's Og Babies

picture.php

RandomMan

I Build Things
ICMag Donor
Thanks for the update, Kalyx. Shame about the 2 lost beans, but unique to get to experience it. I wish they'd have been able to pull out of it and matured for you.

The four you have going look really nice. Lush, dark green leaves on those babies!

Best vibes....

Kalyx

@RandomMan - Thanks brotha, there is always something new to learn and experience with each grow usually many things. I am a little bummed about losing 2 of them but happy that I have 4 healthy plants. 6 would be better but 4 is much better than 2 or none. So excited to be running these special plants really looking forward to watching them put on their show during flower.

Update 11/30 - Day 28

Things are going pretty well with my Karma babies now over a month old. They have good coloring I really love the look of their leaves, all 4 plants are very similar. There are 2 taller looking phenos and 2 shorter looking phenos. They all are growing tall have a good amount of spacing between nodes and are a little slow to start branching out. These plants do look very similar in most aspects to the Biker Kush v2.0 I had in veg, just not as sensitive. They do seem to be a bit finicky though, I was hoping to sex them before transplanting them. They are starting to look like they are ready to be transplanted very soon, might get that taken care of this weekend.

I probably further hampered my hopes of sexing them before transplanting by topping all 4 of them last weekend. They were all topped at the 6th node, I didn't want them getting bigger and having to take off more than the top node. I prefer to do my topping at the 6th node, most plants seem to respond well to that and its what has worked for me in the past. The plan going forward with them is to get them sexed, transplanted and continue training them. At this point Im thinking that they will probably be ready for me to flower in the next 3 to 4 weeks.

Karma's Og

Overall they look good and are doing pretty well. They are a bit droopy in this picture, they were a little thirsty and had been watered right before the picture. You can see on the left side are the 2 taller looking phenos and the 2 on the right are the shorter ones. There is little variation between them all at this point other than the height. They all have the same amount of nodes, the shorter ones have just a little bit tighter node spacing. All of these babies are starting to give off a nice skunky aroma and smell amazing on a stem rub. I really like that while inspecting them with a scope their stalks are nice and frosted already. I want to keep them happy, I know they will be much happier with me once I do get them into some larger pots so thats the next priority.

picture.php

More update coming soon.

S

sourpuss

Looks interesting.... tight leaves.... short leaf stems to say.... wonder how they strecth out... when they going for flower?

Kalyx

@Gardening Angel - Hey thanks for stopping by, they are coming along, sensitive little things but think Im finally getting them under control.

@sourpuss - Yep they are pretty interesting so far, fan leaves on all plants have stayed very close to the main stem. There are 2 tall looking phenos that are very lanky with long node spacing. The other 2 are short phenos with a more compact node spacing. Im hoping If all goes to plan they will be ready to start flowering in the next 3 to 4 weeks.

Update 12/14 - Day 42

Things have been progressing along since the last update, not as fast or as well as I would prefer but coming along none the less. 6 weeks in and I still have been unable to sex any of the plants. Im sure most of this is due to me topping them and transplanting them during that time. Im sure those different stresses caused to the plants have delayed me from sexing them. All 4 are getting very close, I believe and hope to sex all 4 of them with in the week. The fan leaves were growing so close to the main stalks it was really preventing the lower branches from getting the necessary light to grow and develop. I removed many of the lower and mid fan leaves on all 4 plants over the weekend to open them up and allow their branches really start growing.

Growing these plants has been a bit of a test and has really kept me on my toes. Overall, they look pretty healthy, have good color and are growing. They seem to be very sensitive plants to me and keeping them happy and perky has been a constant battle. I feel like Im starting to get a handle on them and get them under control, one of them is being more difficult than the others. Mine have seemed to be sensitive to light as well as watering. I have moved them from being directly under the light which has helped some. I have also seriously cut down the amount of water they get at a feeding and the amount of waterings they have each week. Since making these adjustments the plants have been responding and appear to rebounding nicely.

Karma Og #1

This is one of the short phenos and overall the best looking of the plants. Has good compact growth, node spacing and has the best branching thus far. This one has been the least finicky of the 4 plants and is my favorite of the 4 due to its growth and structure.

picture.php

picture.php

Karma Og #2

This is one of the tall phenos and they seemed to have the least developed branching of the plants. Not sure if its because their fan leaves, their growth or a combination of the both, Im hoping their branching really starts to take off in the next couple of weeks. The taller phenos appear to be a tad more picky in a general sense than the shorter ones. This one is the least finicky and in the best shape of the tall phenos.

picture.php

Karma Og #3

This is the other of the 2 tall phenos. I realize I provided bad pictures this week that aren't showing the side structure of the plants. This plant and KOG #4 are the ones that have given me the most issues and kept me on my toes the most. The best I can figure is that they have a tad sensitivity to light and are even more sensitive to having too much water.

picture.php

Karma Og #4 - short

This is the second of the 2 shorter phenos and this one has by far been the most difficult and given me the most headaches of these plants. It still has some droopy leaves but does appear to be making a nice comeback over the past few days. I feel like I have started to get a handle on these babies and will keep on babying and giving them plenty of love. Outside of her being difficult I really do like the structure and growth of the shorter plants over the taller ones. They appear to just have much better node spacing and branching, they look like they want to become nice bushy plants.

picture.php

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts