What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Beware: Biobizz in Israel

bombadil.360

Andinismo Hierbatero
Veteran
Hello everyone,

after a recent small grow that went bad for unknown reasons, we have know figured out 100% the precise reason.

Bad batch of Biobizz nutrients.

We took two exact Bougainvillea plants (both from the same mother-plant), exact soil, exact pot-size, placed in the same exact place outside, watered using the same exact water and amount of water at the same frequency.

the plants are pretty big btw, not small recently rooted plants, but rooted over two years ago and properly established in the soil already.

the ONLY difference was the nutrients:

on one plant we applied Biobizz Grow and Biobizz Bloom at HALF the recommended dose for flowering plants, one time every 7 days.

on the other plant we applied Ecogan Bio "for balcony plants", also at half the recommended dose for flowering plants, one time every 7 days.

The results after three weeks (three applications) were obvious, the Biobizz plant started to yellow out and present overall bad health, as if it were drying up.

the Ecogan side is beautiful and 100% healthy.

so buyer beware!!! maybe the Biobizz batch that was sent to Israel was bad or it decomposed on the way or it was badly stored at the store...

sorry for the english, can't type in hebrew in this keyboard.

peace all and good luck!

fonzee

Weed Cannasaur
Veteran
Biobizz fertilizers are known to go bad pretty quickly.
I keep them in the fridge for that reason.

Pop A Molly

regardless of what might be a bad batch of nutrients, i'll stay away from Biobizz for a simple reason, there's better variety of nutrients to go with.
thanks for the heads up, although after using Biobizz's nutrients whole line, most likely i won't be using any of their products again but Algamic , Plants seem to love it.

Scroggy B

When I bought the Biobizz try pack, the seller warned me that they go bad after a while. I asked him how long they can last, and the answer he provided was very obscure, because he simply didn't know. The containers don't have an expiration date, only a batch number. I like precise definitions, and "if it smells bad - it's gone bad" is not one of them, because to me BioGrow smells fishy from the day I bought it. I won't use Biobizz on my current grow as well. There are many better and cheaper ways to feed. It's very "forgiving" though..

The company recommends the following storage conditions:
"All Biobizz® products should be stored in a dry (low humidity) dark place at room temperature. Product is best kept under 40 Degrees Celsius and above 5 Degrees Celsius."
And promises a pretty long storage time :
"Biobizz® products are handmade, natural, organic and GMO free products without preservatives for this reason shelf life is less than factory made chemical fertilizers. The average life of Biobizz® products is between 12-24 months when stored correctly"
It's very likely that some warehouse in Israel got so hot, the bottles went over 40 deg. The company site doesn't provide info on identifying when the product has gone bad... So how are we supposed to know?