What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Hepatitis C

MelloYello

Gilead Science's Hep C combo should be ok'd today by the FDA.

No more Interferon, Ribavirin and other draconian meds necessary to kill the virus.

Side effects are minimal for most people and clearance is around 95-100%.

zeet

Veteran
Is that the treatment that is $1000/ pill/day? Basically a $100,000 treatment, right?

you can get it for free if you dont have health insurance and make under a certain amount,but you will need a doctor to recommend it to harvoni.the gilead support path folks are very nice.i urge anyone with hep-c to check it out.

MelloYello

Gilead covers all but $5 of co-pay. Which reminds me, I gotta send the pharmacy $10.

I am end of treatment, undetectable, and zero side effects during treatment.

Andyo

Veteran
amazing

amazing

I dont have Hep C but i once got a false positive.
I remember my thoughts the rest of that day and waiting 2 days for a further test.
Ive supported 2 friends through interferon "the grey men".

This is when patents should be ignored,.A

zeet

Veteran
Mello Yello, are you in the US?

And congratulations btw.. must feel good man. I hope to be in the same position one day.

mello yello you say no side affects?none at all?ive heard just headaches and being weak.im very interested in this stuff.sounds much better that interferon/ riboviron

MelloYello

I had heard that approximately 16% of the trial test patients had headaches and/or nausea.

From those people I learned to drink 3 or 4 pints of extra water a day. Also, I would eat breakfast in the morning and take pill at noon, then eat lunch an hour later.

Never had a headache or any nausea ever. In fact, I recommend you set the alarm on your phone for noon. Then take the pill first while alarm is going off, and then turn off alarm. Because you will forget you are even on any medication. It's like taking a sugar pill. I have turned off alarm and then someone calls and I would forget if I took it. Have one of those daily pill boxes that hold two weeks of pills though, just to keep everything right.

I did work way too hard at work one week, towards the end of treatment, and got the absolutely worst cramps in my thighs that night. I was working in the sun on a hot day and didn't drink enough.

And, before treatment I was unable to work, had ammonia building up in my blood and couldn't move my arms. Within 5 days the brainfog cleared, within two weeks I was back at work.

ALL bloodwork is normal now. AST and ALT are 20 and 21, before they were in the 70's and 90's.

Last edited:
i have the info thank you though.my hold up was a letter from the state saying im not eligible for there insurance,but now that i have that squared away i can start treament hopefully.

Hank Hemp

Veteran
I know nothing about cost OK but 10 years ago I went the interferon, ribavirin route. Well I ain't saying it was rough but one day I unloaded my pistol so I would not make the mistake of thinking I was dying but that I was curing. Hard hard year. Gave myself 48 shots of a drug so harsh it ate the hair from injection sites. Today I'm undetectable for 9 years.