What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

HSO Chemdawg

HidingInTheHaze

Veteran
Looks good, and no offense but it looks nothing like chemdawg. It makes you wonder if these companies are just selling random seeds from random plants with a popular name stuck on it to sell it.

NEGT1

Looks good, and no offense but it looks nothing like chemdawg. It makes you wonder if these companies are just selling random seeds from random plants with a popular name stuck on it to sell it.

No offense but you have no idea how it was grown. I don't know if you do indoor and outdoor but the same cut can look different. It can look different depending on the micro climate even. Also you don't know what the chemotype is like. I'm pretty sure HSO is known to have a legitimate cut so it's most likely an s1.

I'm not saying they aren't selling random seeds, i'm just saying it's very unlikely.

HidingInTheHaze

Veteran
Yeah I get that but it still doesn't look much like any of the chems.

I know the chems breed pretty consistently so you would think it would bear some resemblance.

And Im not going to pretend like its beyond HSO, they are one of the worst companies for pumping out the mystery male hybrids while giving them clone only names, shady tactics IMO.

Im not here to derail the guys thread, just kinda shocking thats all.

VonBudí

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ
Veteran
i'm just saying it's very unlikely.

uh5A6.gif

hyposomniac

No offense taken friend. I place little stock in strain names... I generally don't even tell people what they're smoking. Too much elitist bs and delusion, and idiots trying to be special. Not you just in general.
Net is right that this strain looked different indoors.. this run is outdoor and became way better weed.
Indoor runs look very much like the pics HsO uses to advertise the seeds.. chem or not I have no opinion.
Also notable is that HsO's descriptions are very close.. even the listed outdoor finish time was very close. Also very consistent results from seed to seed. Ive been disappointed by many seed companies but not these guys.

BadRabbit

No offense taken friend. I place little stock in strain names... I generally don't even tell people what they're smoking. Too much elitist bs and delusion, and idiots trying to be special. Not you just in general.
Net is right that this strain looked different indoors.. this run is outdoor and became way better weed.
Indoor runs look very much like the pics HsO uses to advertise the seeds.. chem or not I have no opinion.
Also notable is that HsO's descriptions are very close.. even the listed outdoor finish time was very close. Also very consistent results from seed to seed. Ive been disappointed by many seed companies but not these guys.

I'm just finishing a HSO Desert Diesel freebie seed and it's a really nice plant, frosty colas and very distinctive flavor with potency in early tests.

sith44

I have split feelings about HSO

I ran Desert Diesel, Amherst Sour Diesel, Chemdawg, and Lost Coast OG, they all had frost and were OK, but nothing I would keep (mind you these were all freebies).

Right now I'm running their Purple Trainwreck and its some of the frosty looking gear I've seen....so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

As for the OP's intital pic, Im going to agree with the second poster and say that does not look like chemdawg at all, but hey if you don't care, then no worries, and that's a good attitude to have.

hyposomniac

Yeah I get that but it still doesn't look much like any of the chems.

I know the chems breed pretty consistently so you would think it would bear some resemblance.

And Im not going to pretend like its beyond HSO, they are one of the worst companies for pumping out the mystery male hybrids while giving them clone only names, shady tactics IMO.

Im not here to derail the guys thread, just kinda shocking thats all.

Ok.. maybe you are one of the guys I was talking about.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I agree with HitH - it looks absolutely NOTHING like a Chem family type genetic at all...

I don't think he's hating on it at all - he is just speaking, FACTUALLY, from a genetic / family line representation.

Sure it may be some decent herb - but I too doubt it being any kind of legit Chem line. What's in a name you say - well, calling it Chemdog sure did get you to buy it, didn't it!!! :tiphat:

Legit Chems look more like this:

Chem 3

picture.php

picture.php

See the difference...??

dank.Frank

NEGT1

I'm sorry but it's not realistic we are comparing an indoor Chem #3 to a presumed Chem #4 s1 grown outdoors. The pictures are sooooo easy to post and then start yelling "It doesn't look the same!", but you don't know.

My point is that you don't know, and in fact from what i've read throughout all of the internet, not just here, it's a real Chem s1.

I could care less about pushing any seed company, and I can promise all of you i'll never spend money on HSO gear, but that doesn't mean it's not Chem. Not suggesting anyone spend their $ on HSO, in fact I suggest you don't but that still doesn't mean it's not a chem s1. Arguing that it doesn't look exactly like the pictures taken is understandable, but in this case we're literally comparing a sister cut to a sister offspring, one grown indoors, one grown outdoors. That's not very realistic. If we expect these to look and appear the same....I don't know, doesn't make sense to me.

I would agree it doesn't look like a Chem variety but there are too many variables to really suggest otherwise.

Here's the fact, Chem lines are now passed around like Paris Hilton, and have been for years now. Do we really think HSO couldn't get a real cut?

Last edited:

HidingInTheHaze

Veteran
NEGT1 must be a shill for HSO, thats why hes trying so hard to make a case for some leafy shwag bud that looks nothing like what its supposed to be.
I didn't want to be a dick in this guys thread but its like the idiocy that comes out when you state an opinion around here lately makes it hard to keep your mouth shut.

There used to be a time when growers actually cared about strain authenticity but it seems those days are disappearing.

meadowman

that is a pretty bud!
i've grown chems outdoors in different environments n they look same as indoor, just on steroids.

sith44

Actually, Dank Frank is right on. Chemdog is actually a very distinct looking plant, indoors or outdoors.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The pics are more to show the structure and flower type that is typical on a chem type plant...and that was just the best picture I had. The close up is mostly to show that it isn't flash photograpy that makes the plant shine, but to give credence to the fact chem lines in general done put out some very good resin...

Those are just the best examples I have in my gallery of such...

I'm not familiar with HSO, actually. Maybe I've fallen behind on the times - what company is that?

dank.Frank

Mikenite69

Veteran
Not for nothing but isn't the chemdog from humboldt seeds a S1 anyways? So maybe that is why it's not coming out exactly like the reversed plant. I mean look at all the glue s1 seeds that have been popped has any looked like mommy? Also with forum s1 look how many different phenos come out of that.

So who knows how many parents are involved in the makeup of the original chem line and nobody has that answer so who knows how many different looking plants will come out of a S1. Just my opinion on the matter.

Also outs always look different than inside plants so comparing a plant grown indoors to a plant grown outdoors is comparing apples to oranges.

Mikenite69

Veteran
Also what's gonna be next HSO aren't even from Cali? Or don't have connections in humboldt? Then what are people gonna say when they start working with loompa? Then will they finally get recognition?? I am sorry to say for 30 dollar packs of beans they have been better than some of the more expensive breeders seeds I have ran before.

HidingInTheHaze

Veteran
Also what's gonna be next HSO aren't even from Cali? .

Well now that you mention it, their contact info goes back to a Spain address. There website is based in Spain too. lmao

I think I have read in other places that HSO is actually a Spanish seed co that just uses the Humboldt name.