What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Mix maxigrow & maxibloom ?

tejashidrow

Somewhere in the millions of posts about maxi bloom/gro I read about mixing the 2 together to get a complete fert.
Now I can't find that info
Does anyone know of this?
What ratios?
Thanks

Zen Medz

If you mix the two together a horrible chemical reaction will occur with deadly results! I've completed two indoor runs using 3 grams MaxiGro and 2 grams MaxiBloom per gallon with outstanding results. I veg with straight MaxiGro. I also throw in some silica, seaweed and a humic/fulvic acid product. I've heard of others mixing 50/50. Happy growing.

Last edited:

ballplayer 2

zenmedz, do you mix them in separate container? do they only react poorly when mixed together in dry form and subsequently added to water?

how do you prepare your maxigrow/maxibloom concoction? thank you.

sanjuan

I believe that first sentence is Zen humor.
I use MaxiGro in veg and equal parts MG & MB for flowering. System is Blumats in coco with fabric pots. I recently started using Ful-Power fulvic acid and it does seem to amplify the nutes so I'm still tuning my grams per gallon. Also just started using Cal-Mag+.

The latest addition to the flower res was 2g MG with 2g MB per gallon, weighed out together and mixed into the res.

Additives per gallon of pH 7.4, 0.18mS tap water are: 1ml Drip Clean, 1ml Pro-Tekt silicon, 10ml Ful-Power, 1ml Cal-Mag+, 0.7ml GH pH Down, 0.2ml 8.25% sodium hypochlorite (Clorox). This came out as 1.5mS with pH 5.8.

GrowerGoneWild

Veteran
Interesting.. So the 2 mixed together equal parts yields a fertilizer of 15-20-28?.

I'm just trying to understand why you would mix the 2?.. Transition fert?, just for keeping a mom around?.. etc.

I've noticed I need a bit more nitrogen during the first few weeks of stretch, is the only reason I could see mixing the two but I just keep using the MaxiGrow formula for a bit longer.

I have no complaints about either one, I have one mom on maxigrow only, and I can easily pull 60+ cuts a month from her,(under CFLs too) she is literally exploding on the stuff.

sanjuan

I'm still getting things dialed in. I've been getting premature yellowing of older fan leaves but I might be giving the plants too much LED light. The lower leaves are fine except they look blue along with the dark green. I was thinking the straight MaxiBloom was giving too much phosphorus and maybe needed a little more nitrogen.

The averaged NPK is 7.5-10-14 compared to the MaxiBloom 5-15-14.

Cantaloupe Skunk, two or three weeks from harvest. I was using straight MB and burnt the tips when the EC went up to 1.8mS. Then I started using Ful-Power and the 1.7mS I was using seemed too much. Lumigrow ES 330 and California Lightworks "100" for a total of 410W (actual) in a 2ft x 3ft alcove.
picture.php

Last edited:

ballplayer 2

LOL...I'm so dense sometimes. Thank you for the clarification. I have Maxigrow and Maxibloom on hand, just wondering the best way to use them. Looks good sanjuan.

xxxstr8edgexxx

Veteran
i had abad time of yellowing with straight mb in flower during stretch. im goig tot run mg during stretch week 1 and then mix throughout rest of flower.

sidewing

ive done these calculations based off a brand new bag of maxigrow and maxibloom, just using a level teaspoon scoop that came inside the bag.

10gal:
1tsp maxibloom = .17ec or 85ppm
1tsp maxigrow = .28ec or 140ppm
2tsp CS budbooster = .6ec or 300ppm

5gal:
1tsp maxigrow = 0.55 or 275ppm
1tsp maxibloom = 0.34ec or 170ppm

so basically because maxigrow has a higher EC level than maxibloom, in my opinion its safe to say that maxigrow is 1.5 times stronger than maxibloom (or 1.618 if you want to get technical).

so using equal part grow to bloom wouldnt be a direct addition/division by 2 of both n-p-k's.

for example, me using 3tsp grow and 3tsp bloom during the first 2 weeks of flower would (if math is correct) translate to a npk ratio of:
maxigrow at 49-24-68
and maxibloom at 15-45-42

so add those 2 up:
64-69-110

seems like a good ratio to be running in first 2 weeks of transitional flower (low in P for whole flower cycle) but for the beginning of flower having high levels of K would promote a lot of bud sites.

so maybe running a mix of both first couple of weeks good, then switching to straight bloom for weeks 3-5 (lower nitrogen and more balanced P-K ratios)

weeks 6-8 run a mix of bloom with a bud booster, i have cultured solutions bud booster late (very similar to koolbloom except a little less nitrogen). it has a n-p-k ratio of 1-40-22

so if i run 5tsp maxibloom and 2 tsp cs bud booster (recommended dose is 1/4tsp per gallon) that'd equal out to:
maxibloom: 25-75-70
cs bud boost: 8-320-176
totaling: 33-395-246

of course you can reduce to lower numbers since these numbers are awfully high when looking at it on paper, but the point is to see the ratio.

i like to keep my plants in veg around basically 2-1-2 to 2-1-3 ratio which grow provides perfectly.

in flower i like to be around 1-2-3. but as we know the first 2 weeks of flower is the bulk of the stretch where the plants double/triple in size so you need more nitrogen to not see deficiencies. also high levels of k promote more bud sites. so probably better the first 2 weeks of flower to be around 2-2-3 ratio
start of the 3rd week probably best to be at the 1-2-2 ratio at mid flower, which maxibloom basically provides that
then me personally late in flower i like the drop out the nitrogen more as the plant is not vegging anymore and boost the k, roughly a 1-2-3 ratio (light on the n though to bring out colors). the only booster than runs that ratio is big bud powder at 0-9-18 i believe. so in order to achieve the higher k i'll probably have to recalculate and do a mix between maxigrow/maxibloom and cs bud bloom until i achieve the ratio i desire.

Zen Medz

A little late to the ball game. If you look at the ingredients of both MG and MB they're almost identical, no problems mixing them together. From my last testing 5 grams of MG = 812 ppm (hanna) 5 grams MB = 748 ppm. The strength of both products looks pretty similar but obviously MG has quite a bit more nitrogen in it.

Everyone has there own way of mixing nutes, I like to keep things somewhat simple. I bubble my tap water for 12-24 hours to gas out the chlorine, my water is very low EC/PPM, less then 50. I then add 1.5 ml per gallon of a silica product (pH up), then I usually add 3 grams of MG per gallon and 2 grams MB, doesn't matter which goes first or if they're mixed together.

I'll let this mix with a small pump in my rez for 12-24 hours and then check the pH and ppm levels. Usually I'm very close to 5.6-5.8 and about 775 ppm's. I'll then add some seaweed and fulvics and feed my ladies. I'll use 5 grams of straight MB for a week before I do a two week flush at the end of flower. I also do weekly or every other week feedings with just water to keep salt build up low.

Maxi does the job and is pretty inexpensive. Jack's Hydro is cheaper and I think it's a better product IMHO. I'm probably gonna run House & Garden next round to see how things compare. Happy growing!

dabking

Aurora amino aid + maxibloom + floralicious plus + silica + mad farmer be one. All your needs covered. No early nitrogen fade. No mixing 2 bases.

dabking

A little late to the ball game. If you look at the ingredients of both MG and MB they're almost identical, no problems mixing them together. From my last testing 5 grams of MG = 812 ppm (hanna) 5 grams MB = 748 ppm. The strength of both products looks pretty similar but obviously MG has quite a bit more nitrogen in it.

Everyone has there own way of mixing nutes, I like to keep things somewhat simple. I bubble my tap water for 12-24 hours to gas out the chlorine, my water is very low EC/PPM, less then 50. I then add 1.5 ml per gallon of a silica product (pH up), then I usually add 3 grams of MG per gallon and 2 grams MB, doesn't matter which goes first or if they're mixed together.

I'll let this mix with a small pump in my rez for 12-24 hours and then check the pH and ppm levels. Usually I'm very close to 5.6-5.8 and about 775 ppm's. I'll then add some seaweed and fulvics and feed my ladies. I'll use 5 grams of straight MB for a week before I do a two week flush at the end of flower. I also do weekly or every other week feedings with just water to keep salt build up low.

Maxi does the job and is pretty inexpensive. Jack's Hydro is cheaper and I think it's a better product IMHO. I'm probably gonna run House & Garden next round to see how things compare. Happy growing!

House and garden so far is my favorite base nutrient. Not a fan of the whole line up.

Latest posts

Latest posts