What's new

lvtokkers micro tent grow

lvtokerr

It has been a couple years since I have done a flat grow. Playing mine sweeper with vert lights and my face is losing its fun.

I told you guys I would post some pictures. Still haven't decided how I am going to patch the rip up. in the picture it doesn't look that bad.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=293512 here's where i posted about my rip.

I am also wondering if you guys think my wood stands are going to need any extra bracing. my friend is like you should put some angle braces in so the legs don't bow out. I am pretty sure some small plants and a couple raptors doesn't weigh more than my 55gal tank on stand built almost identically.

I am going to build 2 shelves of netting to the rack for the plant support. no more playing puppet master for me like i did in vert. tying shit up all the time sucks almost as much as trimming.

im going to try tinypic for posting pics as i forgot my photobucket login. so far tinypic is very annoying with all the ads!

f3rr12.jpg

2yynud5.jpg

2h4dqx2.jpg

14e5tz9.jpg

Why is there a hole in the bottom of the tent?

Can you paint the wood white? [OCD intensifies] Why is it there in the first place? I always thought trays had stands available.

Best of luck though.

lvtokerr

trays stands at the hydro cost way more than wood. i would paint it white if was planning on leaving it set up for more than a couple rounds. the hole in the bottom of the tent is just a hole in the floor liner. its supposed to catch leaks etc.

trays stands at the hydro cost way more than wood. i would paint it white if was planning on leaving it set up for more than a couple rounds. the hole in the bottom of the tent is just a hole in the floor liner. its supposed to catch leaks etc.

So the liner comes with the hole? I'm in the market for one of these tents, just not as big.

How did the vent tear? Was it a design flaw, or operator error?

lvtokerr

So the liner comes with the hole? I'm in the market for one of these tents, just not as big.

How did the vent tear? Was it a design flaw, or operator error?

yes the liner comes with the hole. they have a sleeve sewed on the hole for the pole to go into. the vent tore because it was the last one and my arms were tired and i wasnt as gentle. theres a million freggin vents on that thing lol. i kinda wish they gave you some kind of plug you could since the vent holes down onto so you do not risk ripping it in attempts of cinching the vent holes all the way shut.

I see you've went ahead and mounted the lights on the wood. Good Idea, piece of mind is worth a lot.

i once had a canfan and filter fall on to some of my veg plants. it was for the garden where i needed trees. so needless to say having veg trees breaks was an expensive mistake. when growing trees you dont generally grow an extra one or 2 for in case shit falls on them.

Sforza

Veteran
Your wood frame looks over engineered if anything. You have used some heavy duty 2x4's and they are braced up well.

Can't you use glue and/or tape to seal up the rip? Haven't you watched Red Green and learned that duct tape is the handyman's best friend? Check out the funny picture thread where there are photos of mechanics fixing the wings of passenger jets with duct tape.

lvtokerr

Your wood frame looks over engineered if anything. You have used some heavy duty 2x4's and they are braced up well.

Can't you use glue and/or tape to seal up the rip? Haven't you watched Red Green and learned that duct tape is the handyman's best friend? Check out the funny picture thread where there are photos of mechanics fixing the wings of passenger jets with duct tape.

glad you think it looks safe. my ol man reminded me we used to have a 125 gallon tank on a stand that the cross beams were 2x4s and only held up with screws. no braces. that tank was over a 1200 pounds which is mostly likely 5x what my stand needs to hold.

ill post some pictures of it all finished with plants in a couple days.

kinda tried to google the duct tape dude you were talking about. didnt have too much luck. but i do know duct tape fixes everything. it is a duct i am trying to fix after all...