What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Compliance checks in CALI

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

StanKDanK

Once in a while I hear stories of folks getting compliance checks in various counties in NorCal. Lets share our stories of dealing with the fuzz doing compliance checks etc.. It seems more common lately than ever

My uncle had a couple mexican flee threw his property that the sheriff was after. So they did a plant count, he was over by four they didn't say anything that was in mendo area.

Meds215

Scared me sd thought you got rolled lol, they've flew us a couple times this year, one time they hovered for 2 or 3 mins and took off. you haven't seen them flying?

S

StanKDanK

I see choppers every year but 3 years ago they were flying my shit hard for 4 days in a row circling my garden. Everything I do is legit and I dont give them any reason to bother me. It goes a long way to be a good neighbor and be good to the land.
Its a long story why I had the fly overs years ago but the short story is that someone I had minor issues with had snitched and caused the cops to do an aerial count on me. I cant prove anything but they were flying over me the day after I had verbal disagreement with this dude.

M

mr.shiva

I've heard this story from 3 very different people, unfortunately the first person that told me had a buddy hit this way. Private black helicopter contracted out, guys in black paramilitary uniforms, black hoods etc, they drop dudes in, cut plants & they fly out. No paperwork or arrests. Only happening in Mendo, they appear to be contracted by the feds.

lots of heat on grows in watersheds / illegal subdivide type of shit where they can easily add all the plants together into one warrant.

Last edited:

B gump

Supposedly they only show up when a complaint is made. They don't have to prove the complaint is legit. It gives LE the option to enter your property gated or not & check your garden. If you are given a ticket for being out compliance, they give you 10-14 days to get it corrected, unless you are way over or give them attitude. They also give you a letter that states who owns the property, who they believe resided at the property, and a little other info. This lets you know they have done there homework and you're on the "list" of growers in the county. Long story short, try to stay in good with ALL your neighbors.

C

caseyjones123

I know of some gardens in red bluff area , way out in the sticks on private property , had 3 of 4 gardens chopped. That's what greed gets u. I don't recommend going big. All parcels were subdivided and different owners on each parcel, all operated by one guy. They caught on and took him down. They said they were on the way the neighbors, down the road, and saw there gardens and took em out. What ever the truth is ...redbluff is getting a lot of heat

No compliance checks in Humboldt, everything gets chopped, fish and game tacks on fines, and the growers are soon released. Main focus this year has been on watersheds.

C

CBDhunter

Yuba county will show up by complaint or if the property has a garden but no permitted residence, or major ordinance violations.They have and will, make you take plants down or they will gladly do it for you if you so choose to be rude,, or way out of compliance.Several gardens have been closed down up here and just today Yuba c ounty Sheriffs went rolling down the road towing a flatbed trailer full with plants and several, garbage bags on the tail end of trailer with a squad car following.1 recent garden got shut down after the residents were found stealing from irrigation canal, and that place is a ghosttown now.Another up on a hill that is full of non permitted places some have trailers and a couple with nothing but plants and a greenhouse are all shut down by county. This has been more frequent the last 3 weeks as they don't want gross violators to pull early and they can capitalize on any revenue on harsh cases
. Next they will say our plants are too big,, your within your numbers but too big !!!!!!

furrywall11

Why would they say that CBDhunter? Are you just planning on growing some giant plants next year?

I have a place in Yuba County..had a compliance check back in late June I think. The sheriff came out and asked us a ton of questions-how much do you expect to yield, is your garden hand watered or irrigated, what are you going to do with all your meds, how much did your property cost, names and numbers of all the people in my collective.. I was pretty much in compliance and told us that if he determined we weren't he would have a crew come up and supervise the cut down of the extra plants.

The way I understand it is you can appeal the compliance "ticket" and buy yourself almost six weeks with red tape before it's enforced. Of course, that would probably be fast tracked if you had 100s of plants vs. not having a locking gate or whatever.

In Lake county they have a ordinance where you can't grow outdoors at all unless you have at least 1 acre of agricultural zoned land (which is only 11% of land in county) they have been coming on to people's property bypassing people's locked gates/fences when they aren't home and cutting everything down. They are supposed to be following the abatement set forth in the ordinance by giving the resident notice and giving them a chance to abide by the abatement and your supposed to be given a hearing with board to supervisors to dispute it and then they're supposed to get a search warrant to come into property. The sheriff's office is NOT following these procedures. They are tramping on the constitution and illegally coming on people's property. The board of supervisors held a meeting yesterday morning because of all of the complaints they have received throughout the county of the sheriff's office not following the procedure
Here's a link to a video of the meeting have to fast forward to about an hr. Into the video

http://lakecounty.granicus.com/MediaPlayer.php?view_id=1&clip_id=24

One of the guys talking had a 40 acre property with 3 different fences and had 20 armed camouflaged men storm his house AND. HE WAS T EVEN FUCKING GROWING....... he's suing the county now and there's another law suit being filed by lawyers in San Francisco about the ordinance being illegal according to the constitution

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
We've had 2 compliance checks this year

kind of a long story but to start, mariposa county passed a 24 plant limit this year. Before that it was basically wild-west out here. One month before the law passed we got a visit from the local sheriff, he was trying to deliver a subpoena for the guy who lived here before me, but ended up seeing my plants and warned we that we might want to cut down all but 24.

The 24-plant limit went into effect in april, and within a week the sheriffs showed up again with the full squad, counted all our plants, asked a bunch of questions, threatened to lock us up, and then gave us one day to get under the 24 plant limit. The next day 2 of the nicer cops came back and when they saw we had complied they said they probably wouldn't be back.

it's been about 4 months now, i'm hoping i never see the fuckers again.

they also visited our friends who live a few miles away, they have had their farm since 2009, running high numbers . All the growers out here are pissed. most plan to relocate, nobody wants to start a political movement everyone is on the downlow.

enforcement of these regulations is such a joke. it's supposed to be a civil infraction but they still show up in swat gear and threaten to lock us up. The only good cop is a...

Relocate to where? It seems like every county is tightening the fuck up..... mendo you can have 25 and if your not splitting those 25 giants for 1 person is killing it..... Butte county seems pretty good unless shit changes in November buddy has 77 in Magalia legally. Could have 99 legally with 40 acres but they are on like 39.5 ac I have no clue where I'm going but getting out of lake county is a plus no matter what. Although we are voting in November on an "ordinance" that says you have the natural right to grow and pretty sure it's unlimited numbers. That'd be pretty baller. We lost this last ordinance by only 400 votes. So basically half the county is realllly fucking pissed right niw. Can you all still stack scripts down there ????

Status
Not open for further replies.