What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

breeding question for dubi

hey dubi I have been shopping around for landrace(or something close) for breeding purposes for quite a while and your strains are the most interesting to me (mostly the pck, yunnan, malawi, panama, and thai stick). After doing some research I have been leaning towards the pck but I thought I would ask your advise the main breeding traits I am looking for are levels of thc (also looking for high cbd but thats a different project), low levels of cannabinoids that reduce the effect of thc(cbd, thcv, etc), high level of terpenes (preferably limonene, mycrene or other fruity/citrusy flavors) a large variety of terpenes would also be nice. Looking for dense flowers (size doesnt matter just want them to be hard).
trying to create a plant that is high in thc, amazing flavor, and dense. The plant I plan on crossing her with is more of an indica than sativa, very potent, and dense.

Have you tested any of your strains for cannabinoid/terpene content?

which of your amazing choices would you recommend for me?
thank you for all the amazing work you do for the community we need more breeders like you out there.

Texan

The PCK fits the bill nicely for what you are looking to do. The China Yunnan is not a bad option either.

I have heard stories of an astonishingly potent landrace Brazilian Indica but I have yet to find some genetics.

there is no such thing as Brazilian indica.....
Cannabis is not native to Brazil, Slaves brought cannabis to Brazil from Africa, so, what you will find in Brazil, are African Sativas acclimated to Brazils land/ foto period/ humidity... and bla bla bla.....

china yunnan, is not a high THC producer, its more on the bigger yealding type of plant... PCK is, and has been a drug cultivar, for many years, so you might find something nice in them...but, if ya want High THC, and low CBD... I´d go with any Haze...Golden Tiger, Malawii..... but IMVHO if you want tight sativa buds that taste wonderful and really smack your forehead when smoked, I´d look into some panama....

Texan

there is no such thing as Brazilian indica.....
Cannabis is not native to Brazil, Slaves brought cannabis to Brazil from Africa, so, what you will find in Brazil, are African Sativas acclimated to Brazils land/ foto period/ humidity... and bla bla bla.....

china yunnan, is not a high THC producer, its more on the bigger yealding type of plant... PCK is, and has been a drug cultivar, for many years, so you might find something nice in them...but, if ya want High THC, and low CBD... I´d go with any Haze...Golden Tiger, Malawii..... but IMVHO if you want tight sativa buds that taste wonderful and really smack your forehead when smoked, I´d look into some panama....

I see you are from Brazil so I guess you must know. But I am almost certain I have seen pictures of wild short, bushy, branchy, fat leaved Indica plants growing within the Amazon.

But what do I know.

well, there is some that say there is a native plant called Dijiro cultivated by indians, although, I don´t think so, not before portuguese invasion..... portuguese brought hemp, and african slaves brought sativas.....

wild indica in the amazon i´m certain there is none, for 2 basic line of thoughts....

1 - WLFD ( wide leaf drug tipe) is native to midle eastern countries, witch have nothing to do with Brazil´s history

2- WLD usually produces compact buds, and a plant with compact buds simply don´t survive in a climate where relative humidity is above 90% all year through......

you see, I´m not a ganja expert, so I could be wrong.... but I´ve researched a lot after pure brazilian genetics, and only found hybrids, and pure sativas ( NLD ) ( narrow leaf dru type) ... Manga Rosa , Cabeça de Nego ( Bahia black head ) Bengala ( cane) amarelo ( yellow) cabrobró , racha côco , Brazilian Green ....... and none of them came from the amazon, all from central and northeastern part of the country....

IMVHO South american cannabis derives from AFRICA , including colombian weed....

Texan

well, there is some that say there is a native plant called Dijiro cultivated by indians, although, I don´t think so, not before portuguese invasion..... portuguese brought hemp, and african slaves brought sativas.....

wild indica in the amazon i´m certain there is none, for 2 basic line of thoughts....

1 - WLFD ( wide leaf drug tipe) is native to midle eastern countries, witch have nothing to do with Brazil´s history

2- WLD usually produces compact buds, and a plant with compact buds simply don´t survive in a climate where relative humidity is above 90% all year through......

you see, I´m not a ganja expert, so I could be wrong.... but I´ve researched a lot after pure brazilian genetics, and only found hybrids, and pure sativas ( NLD ) ( narrow leaf dru type) ... Manga Rosa , Cabeça de Nego ( Bahia black head ) Bengala ( cane) amarelo ( yellow) cabrobró , racha côco , Brazilian Green ....... and none of them came from the amazon, all from central and northeastern part of the country....

IMVHO South american cannabis derives from AFRICA , including colombian weed....

All your points are good and valid. But I still think there are some Indica gene hidden away in your beautiful country.

Just like you are living in Brazil, I lived right on the border of Northern India/Pakistan for many years.

I know the Portuguese used East Indians as indentured servants when they came over. Northern India/Pakistan is known for their hashplants while southern (think Kerala) India sticks to their Sativas.

Don't you think it is totally possible that some Northern India/Pakistan Indica genetics made it there?

I already know about the humidity. I grow outdoors in a Humid Subtropical climate on 29 degrees N. The humidity never goes under 90-95% all year long, we also get well over 50 inches of rain a year.

Most Indica plants mold of course but sometimes, a special plant will survive through it all.

My point is this: Is it not possible that some Norther Middle Eastern genetics made its way over to your country, where the Indian servant grew their own cannabis? Most probably did not grow well but maybe some Indica plants with exceptionally strong genetics were able to acclimatize and populate. Or maybe only rare Sativa phenotypes from Indica genetics were able to survive.

Like I said, what do I know.

PurpleBuz

All your points are good and valid. But I still think there are some Indica gene hidden away in your beautiful country.

I haven't seen any evidence that Indica genes are present in the indigenous strains. I also thought the first primary trade route was from portugal -> west coast of Africa -> South America. But I'm not an expert by any means.

I'd be willing to wager that Indica genes have been introduced in more recent times, from introduction (or should I say pollution? ) of modern hybrids into the local populations.

G

I believe I've read a post from Dubi saying that PCK crosses well with Sativa but not so much with Indica.

harry74

Veteran
The portuguese were for long time in India around Goa.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portuguese_India

I don´t know if Indian genetics could somehow arrive to Brazil but the link is there.

¿Could we take some of that brazilian genetics and trough DNA testing trace their origins?

No idea really, but would be interesting.

A worldwide Cannabis DNA library?

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Welcome nepalese kush :)

Thanks for your interest in ACE genetics for your breeding projects.

If you are looking mainly for a very high THC strain I would highly recommend you Malawi and Golden Tiger, both produce a very high THC/ low CDB profile, especially Golden Tiger, and both produce very dense resinous flowers. You can not go wrong with them for such breeding goals. Zamaldelica has also a very high THC / low CDB profile but the flowers are not so dense.

If aromas and taste are also a must, then consider Panama too, it's tastier than Malawi and Golden Tiger.

PCK has moderate THC levels and sometimes a bit of CBD too and the flowers are not so dense as the ones we have previously commented.

Hope it helps, let me know if you have any other doubt.

I'm also wondering about the 90s hashplant pheno, can you tell me more about her(what are her parents and where did she come from)? does she have red in her stems/branches? do you plan on releasing a s1 of her?

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi nepalese kush,

Most of our strains have not been analyzed for terpenes yet, now this technology is cheap and available. In the next 1-3 years, the idea is to test the cannabinoid and terpene profiles of all our parental plants and of solid representations of the strains we sell.

PCK and Panama have a wide variety of aromas and terpenes, depends a lot on pheno. PCK green pheno is earthy/hashy. PCK purple phenos are like forest fruits.

Panama also has nice variety of aromas: citric/incensey, sweet creamy, vanilla, woody, strawberry, ....

HashPlant 90s we have used lately in crosses (Zamal Hash, Bubba Kush x HashPlant) is an old clone selection of Sensi's HashPlant from the late 90s. It's a clone from a collaborator, we agreed to make a 'joint project' and produce some hybrids crossing the HashPlant with ACE mothers.

The HashPlant mother is a green afghani, it's not colorful, but very nice earthy/hashy aroma, strong narcotic effect, very dense resinous flowers and 8 weeks of flowering.
It produces nice offspring when outcrossed.

Latest posts

Latest posts