What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Rippers Get Done

B

BrnCow

Two killed in botched robbery of marijuana grow in California

SAN FRANCISCO (Reuters) - Seven robbers invaded a Central California house used by pot growers and engaged the occupants in a gun battle that killed two of the attackers, while some of their accomplices briefly kidnapped a 15-year-old girl, police said on Friday.

Authorities have arrested three of the suspected robbers from the attack on the home on Thursday in a rural farming community near Fresno, and police said they are investigating whether to bring charges against the marijuana growers.

The robbery illustrates the dangers associated with large-scale marijuana operations, Fresno County Sheriff Margaret Mims told a news conference. Medical marijuana is allowed in California, but authorities said it was not immediately clear if the house was used to grow pot for that market.

The heavily armed robbers falsely identified themselves as U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration agents when they came to the house, where two adults and four children lived among about 170 marijuana plants, Mims said.

The robbers kicked in the door and were met by the armed occupants, who engaged in a deadly gun fight with the robbers, police said.

One of the suspected robbers, whose name has not been released, was hit by multiple rounds and police found him wounded at the property, said Fresno County Sheriff's spokesman Deputy Chris Curtice. He later died at a hospital, Curtice said.

The six other robbers fled in two cars, with one group bringing with them a 15-year-old girl they took hostage from the house, police said.

The teenager was dropped off unharmed a short time later in Fresno, and investigators were still looking for the three suspects from that getaway vehicle, police said.
Fresno County sheriff’s deputies followed the robbers' other car to a hospital where they arrested Sergio Eduardo Hernandez, 23, of San Bernardino, and Chi Tsair Tang, 31, of Madera, police said.

The two men were booked on charges of attempted murder, home invasion robbery, kidnapping, evading a police officer and committing a felony while armed, according to the website for the Fresno County Sheriff's Office.

A wounded man was found inside the car with Hernandez and Tang still wearing his ski mask, police said. The man, whose name was not released, was brought into the hospital where he later died.

Growcephus

Veteran
Glad none of the homeowners were injured, and sorry that only two of the invaders were killed.

If you can't be safe in your own g'damn home, where can you?

Arthritis_sucks

The Dude
Veteran
Always thought about getting one of these as a first line of defense. Having blood on ur hands is not something easy to deal with, regardless of deserving it or not.

Phatlewtz

The only difficulty with blood on your hands is realizing you're capable of it...Its a very sobering experience, but wartime is another venture entirely. The worst thing they really have to deal with is the mess the scumbags left.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
What the article fails to mention...

Is that this shows the dangers created by the Feds in their attempt to subvert state law - placing growers and their families at risk by trying to be compliant and non-threatening to LEO ...

The criminals couldn't impersonate these "badgers" if they weren't acting in state affairs in the first place...

dank.Frank

Growcephus

Veteran
What the article fails to mention...

Is that this shows the dangers created by the Feds in their attempt to subvert state law - placing growers and their families at risk by trying to be compliant and non-threatening to LEO ...

The criminals couldn't impersonate these "badgers" if they weren't acting in state affairs in the first place...

Spot on.

B

BrnCow

Looks like one of those 4 can pepper spray dispensers...goes off when motion detected...

paper thorn

Veteran
Well, I didn't see the news story, just had a friend telling me that a day or two ago here in AZ, a MMJ patient met another in a park at night to transfer some mmj to this guy. He asked to see his card, and the guy he was going to 'sell/'donate' whatever to pulled out a gun, the cardholder pulled out his gun and the ripper ended up dead.

Cops are conflicted. MMJ guy was legal, self defense and all that. they don't really think rippers are bad if they victimize MJ folks.

They call it MMJ causing crime.

R

Red Berry

fresno cant be the only place that stuff happens . where are all the lake and shasta county stories ?

R

Red Berry

never mind. i know why they dont do stories on those things in the country like they do in the city .

Former Guest

why would someone risk their kid's lives for pot plants? obviously someone was going to die when the homeowners pulled out weapons to defend themselves. 7 rippers vs 2 homeowners and their kids seems quite unfair and made so that way for the rippers to have the advantage. I'm honestly shocked no one but rippers were hurt and they released that girl unharmed. if there were no kids there I would understand but if I had a kid, I would just do what they wanted for my kid's sake. luckily I don't want kids and I'm a good shot :D you can take the girl outta the country but you can't take the country outta the girl.

If "law enforcement" is suddenly in your home and you're not already stunned and cuffed, it's probably not law enforcement.
I'd bet these kids didn't have flash bangs and were clearly NOT the "good guys".

Forget the plants, why would someone NOT defend their children against armed intruders in their home?

I know what a trained team looks like entering a building because I was trained to do that. I'd bet these goofs were pretty far from it and the homeowners could see that. Good for them protecting their family.

JointOperation

still very scary.. either way... sucks too because the people getting robbed will get charged in this case lol.. maybe not with murder.. but manslaughter.. or atleast having a gun with pot in the house.. and Kids..

sprinkl

Veteran
I hope stuff like this wont be a precedent to more violent armed robberies..
There should be ways to knock these bastards out and neutralize them for good without actually ending lives. On the other hand its shoot or get shot obviously.
The irony that our favorite, most pacifying plant brings about such violence is sickening...