What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

second time making hash...frustrating q-

berbes

i followed directions for wet extraction to the letter, and ended up with a very small amount of hash. the water was really dark orange, and looked like it had a ton of trichs, but they kept washing thru all the bags! i know they were there, because my hands were completely sticky, but it seems the trichs were too small to be caught and i ended up not getting them!!!

how do you get the small trichs?

Verite

My little pony.. my little pony
Veteran
If you have a decent set of bags and the last one is a 25u and theres no obvious holes then no you arent missing any trichs.

C

Chamba

arrrrhhh..... ice hash!...it's nice with ice!

good point verite.....if it ain't the filter system, then it has to be either the technique and/or the starting material ...usually, small yields are a simply a reflection of the quality of the starting material...if it's trim from early picked, badly grown plants then don't expect lots of yield, but if you start with carefully handled, fully matured bud, then you should expect to scoop it up with a spoon!..if you have good resiny material, expect to end up with yields of 5~8% dry bubblehash...some get more than that!

a few slight adjustments in your technique may add 20% more ...a longer settling period?, a higher percentage of ice? etc

(btw Bubbleman's are the best...now available with 8 bags ..there's so many he's gonna havta start numbering those bags...lol can you imagine ..it's the year 2009 and BM is offering his new bubblebags with 15 bags!)

and without knowing the what, how much and how long...I have always done well by following Bubblemans's advice on OG and on his website (http://www.bubblebag.com) about how to get the best out of his set of bags..

he always recommends using lots of ice..it's true, when in doubt start with more ice and add more ice.

anyway, tell us more ...what type of bags did you use?, how much plant material did you use? was it trim or bud? did you re-run the material again and describe your technique? etc then we may be able to help!

one thing you might want to add to you ice hash extraction system is a magnifying glass to inspect the plant material at various stages before, during and after stirring..this may help improve quality until you get the hang of them

happy ice hashing....it's nice with ice!

Last edited:
C

Chamba

dry sifted hash mixed with ice hash!

one the best, highest, fasting acting and cleanest highs I enjoy the most (too rarely I'm afraid) is combining equal amounts of triple sifted kif with ice hash...the bubble hash adds clarity & altitude to the high while the triple sift adds flavor and a fuller complexity to the high..so together they are a good combo!

I usually mix more kif with the ice hash ..as I mostly have more of the former....I actually prefer dry sift + ice hash rather than ice hash by itself.

Happy getting really high on home-made hash!...Happy, Happy

I first heard of "it's nice with ice" in Angeles City, Philippines in the 80's....the saying had nothing to do with ice hash but both techniques improve with the addition of more ice! lol (those who have walked down lanes off Field's Ave know what I talking about!)

berbes

wow, thanks for the additional lesson, guys...NEXT time! it sucked because the water was golden and left a very sticky residue on the hands, but little on the screens!

thanks!

berbes

Verite

My little pony.. my little pony
Veteran
I have the 7 bag 5 gallon and a decent bucket that all the bags fit into at once. The colder everything stays the better. I take a colemans 5 gallon camping water holder and fill it with water and put it in the fridge overnight so its colder than tap water. This keeps the ice a little colder.

Then I use anywhere from half to 3/4 full brown grocery bag of trim [ I dont own a scale ] and I get some decent chunks out of it.

Latest posts

Latest posts