What's new

how long do you let the stew sit when making bubble?

berbes

i've read and reread and read again, but i still would like a consensus from you bubblebag folks-

first you mix it in iced water, that's the easy part...but how long do you let the 'stew' sit before straining? i've read anywhere from 30 minutes to 30 hours... :confused:

finally, how many times do you rerun the mixture before tossing? that's the hardest mental part for me...thinking i'm tossing something of value!!!

anyway, thanks for the direction, buds!

berbes

Keefhead

30 minutes is long enough. By then all the trichomes have settled off that are going to settle. Sometimes a gentle stir at 10 and 20 minutes is enough to add some more, just don't stir the lower layer. Gently for 15 seconds is plenty.

As to rerunning, as many times as you are able to get a reasonable yield. Keep adding ice to keep the mixture cold. Once they warm up they will no longer yield trichs in any real quantity. Keep adding ice - hard to add too much. Sometimes the yield drops off after 3, sometimes I get reasonable (food grade) till the 7th run. A bit green, but great for cooking. :chin:

Worried about tossing something of value? Put the leftover mash in a crock pot, cover with water, add some unsalted european style butter, simmer for 6 hours, strain through a coffee filter, put in a refrigersator, then take the seperated butter off the top, and make the best cookies with the butter. Can you say "hash potent brownies"? :yummy:

Well, hope that helps. It's what I do, so it works.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
yep i agree, 30 minutes of waiting is perfect. do the first run with the mixer on low. then the second run the mixer on high. also the second time you should pour all the water in through the trim. so that means emptying the bucket after the first run. this way the second run can be well worth while even a third run is worth it, although if your working with the 20 gallon bags you will need a lot of time to do 3 runs let alone more lol. i have some nice bubble making threads linked in my sig if you feel like taking a look.