What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

1k watt living organics soil grow- Vision Jack Herer - First Ever NSB contest

So I was scrolling around the mag forums and came across the newbie summer bud contest, and I just so happen to be starting my second grow as we speak(haven't even harvested the first one yet), so you can count me in! I love a good friendly competition to raise the stakes!

I am running 6 clones from my Vision Seeds Jack Herer mother in a living organics grow which is just soil, mycorrhizae, compost teas, and r/o H2O.

I plan to root the clones in my bubble cloner of straight r/o water for up to 14 days before transferring them to solo cups of soil/FF Light Warrior(have extra laying around). I then plan to go from solo cup to 5gal smart pots after a few more weeks, where the plants will finish out the remainder of the grow.

I will have the rooted clones under a dimmable(50%, 75%, 100%) 250w MH while they are in the solo cups, and will move them under the 1k watt MH after 5gal transplant. I will more than likely veg them under the 1k MH for 30 days, and then flip to flower under the 1k HPS. I’m gonna start the LST early on to get that side growth moving vertically as soon as possible.

Organic Soil Recipe:

-Base
2/3 part EWC
1/3 part fish compost
1 part Sphagnum Peat Moss
½ part pumice
½ part rice hulls

-Amendments
Kelp meal- ½ cup pcf
Neem cake- ¼ cup pcf
Karanja cake- ¼ cup pcf
Crustacean meal- ½ cup pcf
Gypsum dust- 1 cup pcf
Brix Blend Basalt- 1 cup pcf
Glacial rock dust- 1 cup pcf
Oyster flour- 1 cup pcf

The mycorrhizae I will be using is a mix of:
-Glomus Intraradices
-Glomus Mosseae
-Glomus Aggregatum
-Glomus Etunicatum

Well, I think that about does it for now. I will post pics of my rooting clones in a bit. Let the games begin!

Introducing to you, my Jack Herer mommy!
attachment.php

And now for the 6 clones that I will be running! I have had 3 of them in the bubble cloner for 7 days, and I put 3 more in last night.
attachment.php

Here is a pic of the roots from one of the first three, after only 4 days in the cloner!
attachment.php

I made the bubble cloner out of an old Folgers coffee jug lol. Here are the plans for that! https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=289024

Oh yeah, and everybody is invited to watch lol

Peace!

Attachments

• DSCN0228.jpg
    DSCN0228.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 13
  • DSCN0226.jpg
    DSCN0226.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 15
So, today was day 9 in the bubble cloner for the first 3 clones that I took, and it was time to transplant them to solo cups for the "pre veg" I guess you could call it. I love having a day of gardening ahead of me, so much better than just sitting around. I'll probably transplant the last 3 in 4-5 days.

I mixed each 16oz solo cup with about 1/3 Light Warrior and 2/3 organic soil, and sprinkled in 1tsp of mycorrhizae before a shook up the cups to mix. I then went about watering all three to help activate the fungi and bacteria, and get the soil ready to support the new roots.

After I mixed up the cups of soil I dug out the holes to prepare for the transplant, and sprinkled in a little bit more mycorrhizae into each hole to really make solid contact with the roots.
attachment.php

I used clear colored solo cups so I could check in on the new root growth without popping them out of the cups lol. I made some sleeves for the cups to slide into to keep the light off the roots. I cut the bottoms out of the sleeves and poked a lot of holes in the soil cups, and they got excellent drainage in the pre water.
attachment.php

A shot of the little beauties in their new home, all nice and comfy!
attachment.php

My motherbox is packed at the moment haha! But everything is flowing and rolling right along so no worries :D
attachment.php

Attachments

• solo cups(4).jpg
    solo cups(4).jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 12
  • solo cups (3).jpg
    solo cups (3).jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 11
  • solo cups(2).jpg
    solo cups(2).jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 12
  • solo cups.jpg
    solo cups.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 11

pedrero

hi bro
nice jack plant man. I really wonder this small spaces growing.
i´ve a bud depot JH running in an all natural too, but a very sativa side plant.
i´ll certainly been watching here,
good vibes and regards

Great to have you man! I see you over there rockin the TLO setup! I'll be moving them into my 250w mh setup for a few weeks in a couple days prolly. Gonna root out those solo cups before transplanting to the 5gal and putting them under the 1k in the tent. And man...I won't say anything about that match against Germany, except I was rooting for you guys! Haha sorry to bring that up!! Peace out brother.

Wonder if this is an S1 sensi jack selection? Nine the less, looking good!

Nah man, it's from Vision Seeds. I would have so loved to go with the sensi just to peep it with my own two eyes but I was broke at the time. However! This Vision Seeds JH has made me happy and has shown no stress through anything! Knock on wood lol. Thanks for stopping in man!

Wanna see something neat?? Check out the taproots making their way to the bottom of the cups! They shoot out to the sides of the cups first, then down the edge to the bottom where they will catch all the water! Now how neat is that?!
attachment.php

Also, I took three more clones from my mother to put in the bubble cloner, because ya never know when you may be happy you have several extra viable clones!

Have a good day out there, everyone! Peace!

Attachments

• baby roots.jpg
    baby roots.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 15

TheDank23

Veteran
thats a great idea with the clear cups and black 'shields', must be fun to watch your roots grow. No more guessing when to transplant! I might have to steal that idea from ya seasons. :biggrin:

Cool mini cab! welcome to the mag! lets see it! :ying:

thats a great idea with the clear cups and black 'shields', must be fun to watch your roots grow. No more guessing when to transplant! I might have to steal that idea from ya seasons. :biggrin:

Cool mini cab! welcome to the mag! lets see it! :ying:

Thanks man, I'm glad to be here! So cool to see so many different unique setups! And yeah bro, you definitely gotta steal that clear cup idea for rooting clones...I did too Haha! Don't remember where I first saw it tbh.

N

newtothiscoco

that tape is overkill.. I use clear cups with same results as normal red or blue beer cups.. waste of money that is ...

its rly not over kill . roots dont like light thats why they are in the ground dude ^^"

and by the way you sound like some one who is trying to look down at one who know's whats up with roots dont like light.:tiphat:

Hi good people :) I haven't said much really about who I am, but I've already met so many friendly people here, and I love it, so here I go. I love life. I love both the simple happiness and the moments of facing fears right in the eyes. I eat plants...I love real life action, like chasing down a 60 yard frisbee toss barefoot in the park! I definitely let loose my inner animal to run free, and be grounded. So that has probably already kinda told you who I am on a pretty basic level lol. As you could probably guess, I grow the organic ganja. I feel like there are two different types of organic growers. There are those like Clackamas Coot(and honestly he's in his own group) that know all of the science behind every little thing. They know why you should use everything that you should use, and what it is made of...and how to make your own version cheaper and better lol. THEN, there's the other type that does a load of intense research in all these little areas, soaks it in, then learns how to apply it in a practical way to help the third type that wants to be able to do it right, but doesn't necessarily want to spend months in research. I am definitely the second type. The bulk of my work is tracking down all the individual info and bringing it all to one place. So that is basically my intention here, to grow organic herb that is full of life and happy, and simplify it down to the fewest amount of steps possible. I don't necessarily need to go Bill Nye mode, I love using my intuition when it comes to giving life a good home to grow in. It's fun to do little things like watch your roots grow through clear cups and really get to know your plants on that level. Well, I think that's enough for now! Now you know me :)

its rly not over kill . roots dont like light thats why they are in the ground dude ^^"

and by the way you sound like some one who is trying to look down at one who know's whats up with roots dont like light.:tiphat:

Lol bustin all up in my thread to tell me im overkilling it?! I respect it haha. Thanks for droppin a lil knowledge man! :biggrin:

N

newtothiscoco

hello seasonsoflove :) i just had to tell the dude what was up with he's comment on something he clearly dident know shi" about :) but your thread is great, keep the good karma up and keep the thumb green man :D

I transplanted the other 3 clones from the bubbler to soil last night. Two of them had pretty decent root systems, but one just had a couple baby roots, and I wanted to see if there would be any difference in growth. I suspect it will be ok :D

I also started the clock on the first 24 hour bacterial ewc tea. The mycco fungi have had a few weeks now to take over so I will introduce the bacteria. The tea will be done brewing in about 11.5 hours, I will use it then. Here's a shot of it brewing in the 1gal with plastic wrap over the top w/holes poked, and yes, around here it is Christmas everyday! lol
attachment.php

All the clones just vibin' out, man..
attachment.php

Look how fast these girls are growing! They look amazing, and I'm so happy. The one in the back corner is just reaching for the sky! The new transplants are a little droopy, and I did overwater their containers maybe a little, but I look for them to come out strong ;)
attachment.php

Attachments

• DSCN0301.jpg
    DSCN0301.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 10
  • DSCN0307.jpg
    DSCN0307.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 15
  • DSCN0309.jpg
    DSCN0309.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 14

Latest posts