What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Pink Floyd fans .

MJBadger

Veteran
Pink Floyd fans now know that the band is about to release its first new album in 20 years, thanks to a tweet posted by Polly Samson, the wife of Pink Floyd guitarist and vocalist David Gilmour. Polly tweeted out the big news, and apparently did not know that the new album was being kept a secret. In the tweet, which was posted on Saturday, Polly not only revealed that there would, indeed, be a new album, but also gave away its title and theme.

Polly, who has been married to David since 1994, co-wrote the lyrics to many of the songs that appeared on Pink Floyd’s 1994 album, ‘The Division Bell.’ Rick Wright was the band’s original keyboard player. He died in 2008 at the age of 65 from cancer.
According to straight.com, Pink Floyd’s management team was not happy that Polly spilled the band’s big news.
53b887df9495e.jpg

Polly Samson is the wife of Pink Floyd's David Gilmour. (WENN)

Durga McBroom-Hudson, a singer who toured with the band in the 1980s and early 1990s, also spoke about the new album in a Facebook post that was written after Polly’s tweet.
“The recording did start during The Division Bell sessions (and yes, it was the side project originally titled ‘The Big Spliff’ that [Pink Floyd drummer] Nick Mason spoke about),” she explained. “Which is why there are Richard Wright tracks on it. But David and Nick have gone in and done a lot more since then. It was originally to be a completely instrumental recording, but I came in last December and sang on a few tracks. David then expanded on my backing vocals and has done a lead on at least one of them.”
Although there has been no mention of the new album on the band’s official Twitter account, FloydianSlip.com, a website devoted to news about the band, reports that an official announcement may come on Monday.

https://uk.celebrity.yahoo.com/news/oops-david-gilmours-wife-leaks-info-twitter-new-231526048.html

Hold Your Fire

Finding my way back home
Veteran
Could be epic.

Could be.

20 years is a long time.

Not a huge fan of Gilmour's solo stuff, which his wife is involved with as well.

Ph-patrol

Veteran
Wow that's outstanding news.
But Polly is the name of a parrot and parrots talk.

MJ thanks for the welcomed new.

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
No wonder Davey is smiling... Lookit his wife.....

Any of you young PF fans need to listen to the old original stuff by the band, if you haven't already...
I've met too many guys who weren't aware Pink Floyd did 9 or 10 albums BEFORE they did Dark Side of the Moon...

edit: 8 albums before Dark Side of the Moon...

Last edited:

MJBadger

Veteran

Any of you young PF fans need to listen to the old original stuff by the band, if you haven't already...
I've met too many guys who weren't aware Pink Floyd did 9 or 10 albums BEFORE they did Dark Side of the Moon...

I listened to some of the early albums when I was a lot younger but fell in love with them after The Wall & Dark Side Of The Moon
But find the early stuff a bit to phycadelic & blame Syd for all the acid he was dropping .

My last concert was at Earls Court 2 days after the seating collapsed on The Division Bell tour , 92 or 93 I think . We were very lucky as we were sat up in the wings not too far from the stage with a great view & the stewards removed everybody to our left & put them in other seats & we were able to toke up 4 fat ones during the concert & got on the tube buzzing .

A lot better that the Hawkwind concert I went to in 73 although there was just as much smoke there . :laughing:

armedoldhippy

Veteran

been grooving in a cave with several small species of animal & some blue-painted Picts, have you? :woohoo: back to the Stoned Age with you, Dude!:tiphat:

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
been grooving in a cave with several small species of animal & some blue-painted Picts, have you? :woohoo: back to the Stoned Age with you, Dude!:tiphat:

Actually, I've been setting the controls for the heart of the sun..

and going into Interstellar Overdrive...

nukklehead

PF and the WHO... best 2 bands in history.. Gilmour worked with Townsend on off times and they made some pretty good stuff..

Stones and Beatles cant come close to hanging with my favorite 2 groups..

armedoldhippy

Veteran
PF and the WHO... best 2 bands in history.. Gilmour worked with Townsend on off times and they made some pretty good stuff..

Stones and Beatles cant come close to hanging with my favorite 2 groups..

well, I woulda said Floyd and Stones, but hey! we're all friends here, right?:tiphat:

-aka-

well looking forward to gilmours amazing guitar work.....but really wish him and roger waters would get over their differences and get together again!!Peace

the gnome

Veteran
Oh Yeah!
wonderful to hear of the new album from gilore.
hope he does a live tour.... *fingerz crossed*

Actually, I've been setting the controls for the heart of the sun..

and going into Interstellar Overdrive...

I find myself spending more-n-more time in Grantchester Meadows
watching sunflakes settle to the ground,
I hear Arnold Layne is there quite often
i haven't seen him, maybe I will..... One of These Days

sdd420

Veteran
Sorry it's LedZeppelin #1 and theWho #2 all time, if you go records sold its the stones you know I'm right haha peace and thanks to all the Brits

MJBadger

Veteran
Polly Samson is one ugly **** . david could and has done much better

Are you gay or just a little bit weird & retarded ? . A lot of people think she is a real nice lady .

Perpetual Nooch

My #1 is Zep, and my #2 has to be The Beatles. Sorry, we're all friends here. Floyd is 3rd and Rolling Stones 4th.

But wait?! What about The Who and Deep Purple? Ok 5th and 6th then. :)

nukklehead

My #1 is Zep, and my #2 has to be The Beatles. Sorry, we're all friends here. Floyd is 3rd and Rolling Stones 4th.

But wait?! What about The Who and Deep Purple? Ok 5th and 6th then. :)

Ill go with that but will mix it up a little.. :biggrin:

How bout a top 10 list of classic rock bands? Say... CLASSIC ROCK which I would say from 1962 (ish) to say 1974 (ish) ???

Im with the old timers with Hank , Les Paul, Elvis, Diddly, Richie, Brown,crickets, Cash, et al..

They are the originals. But my category is CLASSIC ROCK

I will take Nooch list and add Sabbath, Kinks, Faces, uuuuumm help me out.. lol btw original groups includes solo or other offsprings.. i.e Dio Ozzy, stewart,bad company, Wings, etc.