What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Wild Ruderalis from Austria

spontanea

Hello there,

I'm new on this forum... For my first post I will show you what I got in my country ^^ just wanted to show some picture of wild Cannabis sativa sp. ruderalis (Cannabis sativa var. spontanea), to show you guys how it looks like as there is alot of confusion and Bullshit about it on the web, it's very small max 50cm, often has 3 finger leaves... the population exhibits alot of traits and variation including the autoflowering which represents only a little portion of the population... It is not a strain it is a population/subspecies
Here a few pics of the average plants

The Webbed leaf pheno

spontanea

Purple? No... Black!

Sorry had to cut the post in two, because of limited pics.
More pics and traits another time ;)

Greetings from Austria :tiphat:,
spontanea

blynx

WALSTIB
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Do you have your albums set to private? They need to be set to public if you want everyone to see the pictures.

Rinse

Veteran
Very interested to see them spontanea, what is the potency/taste like is it possible to go through a patch and find some potent pheno's?

spontanea

hey again,

@Blynx : yes it was set to privat :biggrin:

Can you see them now?

@Rinse : there is everything in this population, but most of them are not realy potent, although some of them gave me some realy weird stoned sensation... The problem is there is as many males as there is females so they are loaded with seeds and it is not very tasty even after removing the seeds, there is only "peels" of buds left but I have found some sterile plants without any seeds (they have much larger buds than the fertile ones):

or some or semi sterile with few seeds (like the first pic of first post) and some of them have very unusual tastes...

Here is another one with a weird pheno it also has the autoflowering gene as it already has seeds in june :

more next time ;)

blynx

WALSTIB
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I can see the pics.
Thanks for sharing this with us! Looking forward to more info/pics.

Only Ornamental

Spiritually inspired agnostic mad scientist
Veteran
Wow!!
Seems like you've got everything in that population; must have had influence of quite a few cultivated varieties...
Do they just grow like that in nature? Where, if I may ask?
BTW I love the webbed and the dark purple ones :D .

RoadRash

The last time I read about Ruderalis was 20 years ago. Back then it was portrayed as a lower potency strain or phenotype, generally much lower potency.

But those pictures look good.

Is this how they get the Auto strains, use Ruderalis as a parent or grand-parent ?

spontanea

To reply to you guys, ruderalis is a subspecies not a strain, its range is a stripe reaching from central Europe through the central palearctic to the pacific but the populations in Europe and China are probably very different... Personaly I believe it is the original wild Cannabis which was then carried through the whole world and selected by Humans since thousands of years, this would explain why ruderalis has such a diversified genepool (there is not one plant like the other) compared to Landraces across the world which are often more or homogenous.
@ RoadRash : yes the Autoflowering gene is also present, a very small percentage have already seeds in June while the latest start flowering end of august, this gene was combined to potent genetics to produce commercial auto-flowering strains. And yes the most of the plants are not realy potent but some are.
@ Only Ornamental : are you from Austria? ^^ I am sorry I cannot tell you where this field is exactly as it is unlike any other one I've seen and I'd like to protect it but I can tell you on the west side of the Neusiedlersee if you look around the vineyards you will find ruderalis but they grow spontaneously on different places every year...

Only Ornamental

Spiritually inspired agnostic mad scientist
Veteran
@ Only Ornamental : are you from Austria? ^^ I am sorry I cannot tell you where this field is exactly as it is unlike any other one I've seen and I'd like to protect it but I can tell you on the west side of the Neusiedlersee if you look around the vineyards you will find ruderalis but they grow spontaneously on different places every year...
Nope, I'm not :) . I was just wondering where approximatively hemp still grows in the wild because here around you don't find it no longer.
BTW I appreciate that you don't tell everyone where to find it, people tend to get greedy and chop it all down in hopes of a free trip *sad*.
And yes, it's 50 posts you need to get access to the PM system.

spontanea

Hi

The western limit of rudderalis is aproximately Eastern Austria/Germany, in Hungary and Poland for example there is alot of wild Cannabis. But often massive cultivation of "domesticated hemp" has mixed the Ruderalis with taller sativas but this one field is very special.
Of course everywhere in the world there is wild hemp from old hemp cultures.