What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Deo's Goofy Bootz '14 - 1200w Multi-Strain Grow Show

DeoXy

This is my second go at a full run using coco coir as a growing medium start to finish.. My first run with it was cut short but I was impressed with the results I got.. This will be my first grow of 2014.. better late then never right? lol.. I'm definitely looking forward to the months to come as it should be interesting! .. wish me luck!

Starting over with the following from seed - 12 total plants :

- Chem IBL x4
- Twisted Lemon OG x4
- Exodus Cheese x1
- Superbud x1
- Kalashnikova x1
- Girl Scout Cookies x1

A few grow details :

Space :

- 2x4ft hydrohut for early veg.
- 7x7ft area for late veg & flower

Lights :

- 4ft 54w 6 bulb H/O T5 for seedlings/clones and early veg. 24/0 (324w total)
- 400w MH for veg
- 2x 600w Lumatek dimmable HPS w/ Ushio and Hortilux bulbs in adjust-A-wings for flower (1200w total)

Air : Temps steady @ 76-80F & RH @ 50-60%

- 6in HF inline exhaust w/ can carbon scrubber
- passive intake w/ 6in HF inline
- a couple small circulation fans

Grow medium :

- Canna coco w/ compost , perlite & DE mixed in
- Solo cups to start, 1gal veg and 3gal for flower

Nutrients : 1x a day tap(120ppm) w/ PH @ 5.8 hand water DTW

- Veg+Bloom Dirty 1 part powder for veg @ .5 tsp a gal and flower @ 1 tsp a gal
- +Size per label during weeks 3 thru 6 of flower
- +Life per label once a week
- H&G Roots Excel. @ 1.1ml a gal every water/feed thru the 2nd week of flower

- Floralicious+ @ 1ml a gal
mixed in w/ feed veg thru mid flower
- Drip clean @ .4ml a gal every water/feed
- Hygrozyme @ 5ml a gal once a week to keep the rootzone/medium clean and happy

....and now for the show :

Here they are at a little over 2 weeks since breaking ground in solo cups after a good soak @ 400ppm - .5 scale and 5.8 PH.. going to be moving them into larger 1gal containers in a few days
- 18 plants total all in good health so far

20140615_021329_zps71240013.jpg

20140615_021753_zps508ca7d5.jpg

20140615_021730_zps514f3e91.jpg

20140615_021815_zps97c7f252.jpg

20140615_021722_zpscdcf4277.jpg

Comments welcome as always.. enjoy the ride!

Last edited:

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Excellant restart brutha !!! Glad to see ya back & rockin the coco & some damn fine genetics as well !!! :tiphat:

subbed :lurk:

DeoXy

What size of pots you're planning to use ?

Like your strains

WW

Hey WonderWoman, thanks for the kind words!.. I currently have them in solo cups and plan on using a combo of 1gal pots for part of veg then ending in either 3 or 5 gal fabric pots for flower.. shooting for 8-12 ladies this seed run :tiphat:

Excellant restart brutha !!! Glad to see ya back & rockin the coco & some damn fine genetics as well !!!

subbed

Hey brutha dan! good to have you here bro and thanks for the support as always!.. hope I don't disappoint lol.. I'm really excited w/ this runs genetics.. upgraded a lot this round as well :dance013:.. good times to come! :biggrin::ying:

dansbuds

ICMag Donor
Veteran
3 gallons of coco is plenty bro . no need for any more than that . i've grown half pound bushes in 3 gallons of coco :)

this was my last round of a floppy mess in 3 gallon pots ....

picture.php

DeoXy

3 gallons of coco is plenty bro . no need for any more than that . i've grown half pound bushes in 3 gallons of coco :)

this was my last round of a floppy mess in 3 gallon pots ....

View Image

Damn bro nice floppy chicks there! whats her name? she got a sister :biggrin:? haha.. I need to set up my drip system again & make life easier for me with watering.. What are the blinds on the sides of the plants for in that pic if I may ask?..and your right I forgot last time I used 5gal pots I ended up with monster hard to manage KQR trees lol.. so I guess 3gals will work well considering I'm aiming for 8-12 ladies to fill in the space.. thanks for the heads up! :ying:

Last edited:

dansbuds

ICMag Donor
Veteran
i used the blinds to keep the light tight to the trays instead of spread out through the room . the room was to big & i lost alot of the WPSF untill i put the blinds in . went from a lb per light down to 3/4's , then i put the blinds in & it brought it back up .
now that summer is here , i broke down that room & put my 4 x 8 room back up so i have a lung room to cool the veg area . being in an attic SUX BALLS !!!! constantly fighting temps !!! can't friggin wait to move from here .

Thats the GG4 ( Gorilla Glue #4 ) ..... if you can get yer hands on it ..... it will not dissapoint !!!!

dansbuds

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nutrients : 1x a day tap w/ PH @ 5.8 hand water DTW

- Soul Synthetics Grow @ 10ml a gal for seedling & early veg
- Veg+Bloom 1 part powder for rest of veg. and flower
- H&G Roots Excel. @ 1.1ml a gal every water/feed thru the 2nd week of flower
- CalMag+ 1/4tsp a gal as needed
- Floralicious+ @ 1ml a gal and Dark energy @ 1/4tsp a gal mixed in veg thru mid flower
- Drip clean @ .4ml a gal every water/feed
- Hygrozyme per bottle once a week
- Super thrive @ 1 drop per gal once a week thru veg.
- Nitrozyme foliar once every other week thru veg and early flower
i'm back using the V&B myself . i'm also using a vitamin/hormone booster from MB ferts . haven't needed the drip clean with this stuff even with the drippers ..... its really clean mixing !!! & then a PK 13/14 booster at week 5 , but i've got the plus size from HR that i'm going to try on my SFV's that are in flower now at 2 weeks .
i use KLN for the roots & cannastart for seedlings & fresh rooted clones . the vitamin/hormone booster has really helped my veg & moms .shit is healthier than ever before !!
I foliar with protekt & KLN during veg .

Treetroit City

Moderately Super
Veteran
Deo what's good buddy? Nice to see ya around, been a minute. I'll be checking this one out for sure. Best of luck with it. Hope your staying out of trouble over there ;-)

DeoXy

Deo's Goofy Bootz '14 - 1200w Multi Strain Grow Show

Deo's Goofy Bootz '14 - 1200w Multi Strain Grow Show

i used the blinds to keep the light tight to the trays instead of spread out through the room . the room was to big & i lost alot of the WPSF untill i put the blinds in . went from a lb per light down to 3/4's , then i put the blinds in & it brought it back up .
now that summer is here , i broke down that room & put my 4 x 8 room back up so i have a lung room to cool the veg area . being in an attic SUX BALLS !!!! constantly fighting temps !!! can't friggin wait to move from here .

Thats the GG4 ( Gorilla Glue #4 ) ..... if you can get yer hands on it ..... it will not dissapoint !!!!

That's smart thinking dan w/ the blinds.. that would of never crossed my mind lol.. I hear ya about the attic as my first grow was in one and that was a house of horrors to deal with year round... That GG#4 looks superb I'm in envy haha.. maybe one day it will make it this way.. nothing ever does in my little town tho.. the best going around ATM is some (insert name here) generic kush.. anywho thanks for sharing bro :tiphat:

i'm back using the V&B myself . i'm also using a vitamin/hormone booster from MB ferts . haven't needed the drip clean with this stuff even with the drippers ..... its really clean mixing !!! & then a PK 13/14 booster at week 5 , but i've got the plus size from HR that i'm going to try on my SFV's that are in flower now at 2 weeks .
i use KLN for the roots & cannastart for seedlings & fresh rooted clones . the vitamin/hormone booster has really helped my veg & moms .shit is healthier than ever before !!
I foliar with protekt & KLN during veg .

I believe it was you that turned me onto veg+bloom 1 part(thanks again) coming from maxibloom.. I absolutely love the stuff!!! so simple ez pezee just how I like it.. I have been able to cut out ph up and down completely as it falls into range on its own which is a +

I know my nutrient profile looks a tad complicated currently, but I'm only using certain additives at certain times of the grow cycle and not all at once.. the soul synthetics grow(part organic part synthetic) and dark energy(additive) I got for free and if they don't produce they will be cut out come next round.. everything else I have down in terms of usage and love what I get as a result. :biggrin:

Deo what's good buddy? Nice to see ya around, been a minute. I'll be checking this one out for sure. Best of luck with it. Hope your staying out of trouble over there ;-)

Hey Third!! how goes it bro? good to see you here buddy!.. thanks for the warm welcome as it has been a minute huh lol .. and man I know a fucked up year on this end for sure but all is fixing to be real sweet soon enough ;).. and IDK what your talking about staying out of trouble.. I think you bring it with you every time you visit haha :moon::ying:

Welcome back... bro

Hey decrypt bro! thanks for the kind words buddy.. hope to do the midwest proud!.. keep in touch.. saving you a nice Chem IBL daddy when ready..

Last edited:

d3cryption

Veteran
That's smart thinking dan w/ the blinds.. that would of never crossed my mind lol.. I hear ya about the attic as my first grow was in one and that was a house of horrors to deal with year round... That GG#4 looks superb I'm in envy haha.. maybe one day it will make it this way.. nothing ever does in my little town tho.. the best going around ATM is some (insert name here) generic kush.. anywho thanks for sharing bro :tiphat:

I believe it was you that turned me onto veg+bloom 1 part(thanks again) coming from maxibloom.. I absolutely love the stuff!!! so simple ez pezee just how I like it.. I have been able to cut out ph up and down completely as it falls into range solo which is a +

I know my nutrient profile looks complicated currently but I'm only using certain additives at certain times and am getting ready to cut a few things out when I'm out.. the soul synthetics grow(part organic part synthetic) and dark energy(additive) I got for free and if they don't produce they will be cut out come next round.. everything else I have it down in terms of usage and love what I get as a result. :biggrin:

Hey Third!! how goes it bro? good to see you here bro!.. and man I know a fucked up year on this end for sure but all is fixing to be real sweet soon enough ;).. and IDK what your talking about staying out of trouble..Trouble finds me.. I think you bring it with you every time you visit haha :moon::ying:

Hey decrypt bro! thanks for the warm welcome buddy.. hope to do the midwest proud!.. keep in touch.. saving you a nice chem ibl daddy when ready.

For show

dansbuds

ICMag Donor
Veteran

I believe it was you that turned me onto veg+bloom 1 part(thanks again) coming from maxibloom.. I absolutely love the stuff!!! so simple ez pezee just how I like it.. I have been able to cut out ph up and down completely as it falls into range on its own which is a +

I know my nutrient profile looks complicated currently but I'm only using certain additives at certain times and am getting ready to cut a few things when I'm out.. the soul synthetics grow(part organic part synthetic) and dark energy(additive) I got for free and if they don't produce they will be cut out come next round.. everything else I have down in terms of usage and love what I get as a result. :biggrin:

Hey Third!! how goes it bro? good to see you here buddy!.. thanks for the warm welcome as it has been a minute huh lol .. and man I know a fucked up year on this end for sure but all is fixing to be real sweet soon enough ;).. and IDK what your talking about staying out of trouble.. I think you bring it with you every time you visit haha .

if you know 3rd that well ..... i'm sure he can hook ya up with the glue . he's got it & is kickin ass with it in his new room !!!!

DeoXy

Quick update

Quick update

Just finished transplanting 16 out of 18 plants into 1gal pots, the other 2 will have to wait till I get more coco as I ran out lol.. I have also finally switched over to veg+bloom 1 part for the rest of the grow.. It's a little crowded in the veg tent atm but once sexed the males will be cloned and chopped to free up space.. My hopes are to find at least 2-3 solid standout plants out of the bunch to clone and do a full run under my two 600w HPS lights.

Here's a couple group shots after transplanting @ 3 weeks since breaking ground.. nothing special to show just yet :

20140618_054007_zps09fd18da.jpg

20140618_054025_zpsa8cc5c78.jpg

Last edited:

DeoXy

Quick update part 2

Quick update part 2

I decided to switch out the H/O T5 with aged crappy bulbs and put in one of my new adjust-a-wings w/ super spreader and a new 400w MH bulb:woohoo:.. I also got my intake and exhaust set up properly now as temps are getting real hot here in my parts of the midwest..:moon:.. Tent is at a steady 78F and 60% RH currently

A few pix.. I think its setup well.. the light spread is superb... I plan on lowering it more in a few days.. thankfully I got a medium sized one or else it wouldn't of fit the 2x4ft veg tent lol

20140618_151635_zpsdd36d3c8.jpg

20140618_151738_zps94d8fc3e.jpg

20140618_151727_zpscc7d6dab.jpg

Last edited:

dansbuds

ICMag Donor
Veteran
you don't have to run cooled hoods during the summer ??? lucky bastard !! lol
i've got no choice but to run cooled . being in an attic & all .

DeoXy

you don't have to run cooled hoods during the summer ??? lucky bastard !! lol
i've got no choice but to run cooled . being in an attic & all .

LOL yea for now.. I'm good temp wise running just the 400w MH right now for veg considering its been ~90F outside the last few days.. I have a ton of air flow in the veg tent atm which is kinda overkill to be honest(two 6in inlines in/out).. but once I hook up the second adjust-a-wing and switch out the bulbs to the 600w HPS and move to the 5x4ft area for flower I'm deff. gonna have to run the lights during the night as temps will be an issue..

I'm pulling my intake air from the other part of the basement which is cold because of central air running in the house... I also have a portable AC unit that I will have to surely use during the hottest days this summer once I'm in full flower.. as there is no air vents in the room just 1 small window.. good luck dealing with the heat bro!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts