What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Kalyx - CCG - Summer 14 Grow Log (Bodhi, Hazeman, G-13 Labs, TH Seed)

Kalyx

After taking nearly a 2 and half year hiatus from growing I have returned. With my return I decided to join these forums to learn, share and meet new people. Up until now sharing a grow log is something I would never have thought of doing. With changing of laws in my state of Colorado, I feel free to now share my grows with others.

I'm a soil grower, have always been a big fan of FFOF but, I will be using Roots Organic Greenfields for this grow. I usually will add perlite, vermiculite, earthworm castings, blood meal, bone meal, fish meal, and kelp meal to the mix. With everything in the Roots mix I will just be adding perlite, vermiculite and earthworm castings. First time using this brand and I don't want to make it too hot.

Using a 60x60x80 grow tent for flowering.
Using a 1000w HPS with an air cooled reflector hood, running a HPS/Metal Halide switchable ballast.

Plants will be vegging separately with a 250w metal halide, T5 2' reflector, also have a bunch of 42w compact flourescent bulbs if extra light is needed. I plan to upgrade my veg lighting down the road when I have some more available funds.

I started the seeds using Black Gold seedling mix. My first time using this product as well. I didn't want to burn the seedlings by using the Roots so went with this to start, as its a little lighter. I added some perlite and vermiculite to the mix.

Was tough making decisions on what to start with on this grow. Decided on running Gogi OG and The Fuzz from Bodhi, Elephant Stomper from Hazeman. I also popped 2 freebie fems, a G-13 Labs Pineapple Express and TH Seeds Bubblegum.

4x Gogi OG
4x The Fuzz
2x Elephant Stomper
1x Bubblegum
1x Pineapple Express

5/24 - Started germinating 12/12 seeds in damp paper towel for first 12 hours, then dropped into shot glass of water. 10/12 seeds had cracked within 24 hours most inside of 12 hours. 1 Goji and 1 Fuzz took around 36 hours to crack.

5/25 - 12/12 seeds planted in Black Gold seedling mix.

5/28 - 2/12 sprouted, both Elephant Stompers above ground. Lights turned on running a 16/8 light cycle for veg on this seed run.

5/30 - 12/12 plants above ground looking good.

6/12 - Babies are almost 2 weeks old now and doing well. Most of the plants have their 3rd leaf sets with the 4th sets growing. There are 2 runt plants one Fuzz and one Goji. The Goji looks like it is just a couple of days behind the others. The Fuzz runt is still developing first set of leaves. It looks like its only a couple days old so not sure if it will be doing much. It is alive and looks very healthy just taking its sweet time to do anything will continue to monitor. 2 of the plants a Goji and Stomper have a little droop to them, my initial thought was over watering but thats not the case. They were watered from a bottle that was sitting on some cold concrete and I think they were a little shocked by the temperature.

I had initially planned on starting this log once flowering began. I got bored and tired of talking about starting a log. Talk is cheap so the log has started. I will take some pictures this weekend, when I have some time off and get those posted.

Will probably be topping plants in a week or so, then looking to transplant and start flowering. Looking to keep them pretty small to start the flower, expecting a good amount of stretch and not sure how many females I will be working with. Planning to move to the tent and start 12/12 inside of the next 3 weeks.

Hope everyone enjoys this log. I have very high expectations on this run. Have wanted to run some Bodhi gear of my own for a long time so this has been highly anticipated for myself. Hoping to find some good keepers full of fire from this run, if not, many more seeds to explore.
:tiphat:

Cadfael_420

looking forward to your log . I just got me some Hazeman Elephant Stomper seeds the other day and plan on starting them this week . I think maybe I'll also do a log on my summer time grow . Kalyx you've inspired me !

peace

Kalyx

Was a really busy weekend with Fathers day going on, so took me longer to get some pics up than I wanted. Better late than never here they are.

Just a few seedling shots hear right after breaking dirt. The middle one is an Elephant Stomper, was a stretcher as you can see.

Sorry for the sideways pics need to get that fixed.

Last edited:

Kalyx

First picture was at about 5 days I believe the others are at right around the week mark. First pic is of the Fuzz. The other 2 pics are of the baby Gojis.

Last edited:

Kalyx

So had run into some issues. Was unable to tend to the babies for a couple days. When I saw them there was some wilting and some yellowing on the leaves. This did not affect all of the plants, roughly half.

My first thought was over watering was the culprit, this is not the case though.

Next thought was that it as a nutrient deficiency like Nitrogen. I really don't see how this is the case, they are so young they shouldn't need nutes yet. I did add some earthworm castings to some of the pots in case it is a nute issue.

What I think happened that caused this stress, was a very cold room for a number of days last week. Temps were in the 60's maybe even lower at night. The jug they were being watered from was sitting on the cold concrete and was way too cold. I think these cold temps and getting watered with cold water stressed the plants.
The heat issues were corrected on Thursday 6/12. The plants have show much improvement since that time. All have started perking up and color seems to be returning on the others.

I am still closely monitoring the situation, my other thought that the soil being used is just not what these plants want. It's my first time using Black Gold Seedlngs mix, so far I can't say I'm impressed. I had some friends that have had good results and recommended, so maybe I got a bad batch. If anyone has positive/negative experiences with this mix your input would be much appreciated. It does have decent drainage just not as much as I prefer. Nothing in this mix should be too hot for the seedlings.

Regardless I will be transplanting to new pots and new soil soon. Soil may not be the issue and all the plants appear much healthy now then they did when these following pics were taken.

First pic is a group shot that was taken I believe at 13 days, you can see the runt Fuzz plant in top row second to the right. bad lighting on this photo.

Second shot was same day showing some of the yellowing and wilting that happened.

Last edited:

Kalyx

These are the 4x Goji Og, the lighting with all of these pictures is a little off. I will change my picture location with the next round so its better lighting.

First Pic: Goji Og #4 Was the runt of the 4 took longest to crack and pop the surface. Doing strong wasn't stressed much. Giving off a nice piney skunky aroma already.

Second Pic: Goji Og #1 Was stressed a little doing much better now this one is giving off a skunky funk already.

Third Pic: Goji Og #2 Was stressed also but has made a strong comeback so far.

Fourth Pic: Goji Og #3 This one suffered the most stress but like all coming back strong. the lighting is making her appear more yellowish green than she is.

Fifth Pic: Group shot Goji Og 2 weeks.

]

Kalyx

These are the 4x The Fuzz, again bad lighting clearly evident on the first couple of pics.

First Pic: Group shot 4x The Fuzz at 2 weeks

Second Pic: The Fuzz #4 Super runt plant, was last bean to crack and pop the surface. The first week did very little growing. Last week is has started growing slowly. Is alive and perky so will keep alive for now.

Third Pic: The Fuzz #1 Is the second smallest but has been very healthy and is starting to give off a funky smell.

Fourth Pic: The Fuzz #2 This has been the most vigorous of the Fuzz, did get stressed and had some wilting looking much better now.

Fifth Pic: The Fuzz #3 Had shown a little stress signs a little wilt and some yellowing on first set of leaves, like all the others has been improving.

Kalyx

These are the 2x Elephant Stomper at 2 weeks

Second Pic: Elephant Stomper #2 Was most vigorous, also stretched some. This one didnt wilt but did have a little yellowing.

Third Pic: Elephant Stomper #1 This one was stressed pretty good as you can see with the wilting and some yellowing, Has started making a recovery and perking up. Still closely monitoring them.

Kalyx

These are the fem freebies that were popped both showed signs of stress.

First Pic: Pineapple Express at 2 weeks

Second Pic: Bubblegum at 2 weeks

Kalyx

looking forward to your log . I just got me some Hazeman Elephant Stomper seeds the other day and plan on starting them this week . I think maybe I'll also do a log on my summer time grow . Kalyx you've inspired me !

peace

Nice Cadfael_420 I would love to watch your grow if you do a log. Have high hopes for the ES, glad you are inspired!:tiphat:

Have had some issues this week with the garden but things look to be under control now. The ES have had pretty vigorous growth initially hope that doesn't stop.:biggrin:

Kalyx

All work for me on Google Chrome browser, Windows 7.

Subbed.

Thanks for that RandomMan. Not sure but I think it was how I originally posted the pictures. I had them linked to my albums I believe and the albums were set to private. I think thats why they pictures were not showing up could be wrong though. As long as its viewable now that works for me, thanks again.:tiphat:

Kalyx

What is the lineage of the elephant stomper?

Elephant Stomper is from Hazeman seeds its Purple Elephant x (Grape Stomper x Aloha White Widow). I believe Purple Elephant is a high yielding urkle strain Purple Urkle x Unknown. Grape stomper is a cross of the Purple Elephant x Chemdog Sour Diesel. I have smoked Grape Stomper and its an excellent strain, so I have high hopes for the Elephant Stomper.

RandomMan

I Build Things
ICMag Donor
You're welcome. I've had to troubleshoot a lot of junk in building various websites and understand how easily mistakes can be made and how challenging they are to find.

Kalyx

End of the weekend babies will be 3 weeks old. Im over this soil that I started with so will be transplanting into a much better mix. I am not pleased to say the least with BlackGold Seedling mix. Maybe my bag wasnt mixed properly but I will not be using that again to start my seeds.

RandomMan

I Build Things
ICMag Donor
Good luck with new mix, sucks about the BG Seedling , but thanks for letting us know it wasn't good for ya.

Latest posts

Latest posts