What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

DJ Short Blue Moonshine

WelderDan

Veteran
If so they are pretty old by now. That line was discontinued a few years back. Good smoke if you can find it.

Rainmaker

Another consideration is Rare Dankness...the OX. I have an awesome Stone Mountain leaning pheno that is Blue Moonshine all the way. It is without a doubt.. the best incarnation of any blueberry strain that I have ever done!

Karmic Farmer

Veteran
The strain has been extinct for several years now so there is no possibility of finding seeds for it anymore not even Dutch Passion offers their Fem version, unless you find someone who's made F2's or find a cut. I have some Blue Moonshine x C99 beans my buddy made a few years back I'm waiting to have a go at. The only Indica DJ offers now is his sons strain Whitaker Blues.
Mosca is your best bet at the moment. There are some so so pheno's but you should be able to pull a few stellar plants out of a pack. The ones that have a very low resin gland count are the crappy pheno's 9 times out of 10.

Peace,
KF

Karmic Farmer

Veteran

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Dutch Passion Blue Moonshine (regulars, not fems) are exactly the same as DJ Shorts. DJ sold his parent plants to DP, according to what I've read here at IC in the past.

Blue Moonshine is one of my top 10s so I keep seeds stocked up to sort through. I sent in a couple hundred a year or so ago & they went quick. Have some more to send in just need to talk to OP first. :D

jd4083

Veteran
I wish I could travel ten years back in time and get back to the blue moon.... My original holy grail strain and one of the first I ever witnessed in flower...the photo in my avatar is a delicious pheno of DJS BM circa early 2000's back in Raleigh, NC that was lost years and years ago

Dutch Passion Blue Moonshine (regulars, not fems) are exactly the same as DJ Shorts. DJ sold his parent plants to DP, according to what I've read here at IC in the past.

Blue Moonshine is one of my top 10s so I keep seeds stocked up to sort through. I sent in a couple hundred a year or so ago & they went quick. Have some more to send in just need to talk to OP first. :D

Forgive me if I am wrong but its my understanding that DP acquired the genetics from DJ Short, but their partnership was short lived. So the genes came from DJ but he had no say or input in DP's breeding program.

mack 10

Veteran
I have seeds for this which the kind folk at DP released from their cold storage genetics vault for me.

Please please ask them (dutch Passion) if they have the Purple Passion.
I was soo gutted i missed that, from the original Delta 9 collection, circa 2000.
Blue Velvet, Blue heaven, Purple Passion, flo, Blueberry and the
Blue Moonshine.

WelderDan

Veteran
I have gobs of LUI x BM F2's I made a few years ago that I need to grow out and sort through. Good stuff for sure.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Forgive me if I am wrong but its my understanding that DP acquired the genetics from DJ Short, but their partnership was short lived. So the genes came from DJ but he had no say or input in DP's breeding program.
You are correct. DJ left because of the lack of cooperation from DP.

Please please ask them (dutch Passion) if they have the Purple Passion.
I was soo gutted i missed that, from the original Delta 9 collection, circa 2000.
Blue Velvet, Blue heaven, Purple Passion, flo, Blueberry and the
Blue Moonshine.
Blue Moonshine & Blue Moon are not the same. If I recall correctly, Blue Moon was made by Mosca & isn't related.
Of DPs strains, only Blue Moonshine was original. The remaining strains are either filial reproductions or selfed/femmed versions.

I have gobs of LUI x BM F2's I made a few years ago that I need to grow out and sort through. Good stuff for sure.

Send some in. I'm sure you could get some help searching through a few. :D

Karmic Farmer

Veteran
Blue Moon is also a strain Subcool made many years ago before TGA, it is in BOG's Blue Moon Rocks. Supposedly it is Blueberry x Mycanopy Madness.

Peace,
KF