Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Infirmary > Dud Identification Collective Knowledge.

Thread Title Search
Thread Closed
Dud Identification Collective Knowledge. Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-16-2014, 07:28 AM #1
high life 45
Seen your Member?

high life 45 is a name known to allhigh life 45 is a name known to allhigh life 45 is a name known to allhigh life 45 is a name known to allhigh life 45 is a name known to allhigh life 45 is a name known to allhigh life 45 is a name known to allhigh life 45 is a name known to allhigh life 45 is a name known to allhigh life 45 is a name known to allhigh life 45 is a name known to all
Dud Identification Collective Knowledge.

As an effort to stop the spreading of Ganaj Herpes, come identify and share pic of your duds here.

First help me with this one here. Im calling DUUUUUD! What about you?

This is GG#4

My GG#4 that I got from the cup. Word on the street is Im not the only one here.

Personally I think duds come from bms, but lets not get to worked up about that all yet, lets identify duds first.
Cmon Buds, show us your DUDs!

Food is medicine, medicine is food.

5 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-16-2014, 07:36 AM #2
high life 45
Seen your Member?

high life 45 is a name known to allhigh life 45 is a name known to allhigh life 45 is a name known to allhigh life 45 is a name known to allhigh life 45 is a name known to allhigh life 45 is a name known to allhigh life 45 is a name known to allhigh life 45 is a name known to allhigh life 45 is a name known to allhigh life 45 is a name known to allhigh life 45 is a name known to all
Shorter than normal internodal spacing and smaller leaves
woodier stems
brittle stems

Those were terms I think Storm Shadow used that helped me identify my duds.

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-16-2014, 07:41 AM #3
xxxstr8edgexxx

xxxstr8edgexxx has much to be proud ofxxxstr8edgexxx has much to be proud ofxxxstr8edgexxx has much to be proud ofxxxstr8edgexxx has much to be proud ofxxxstr8edgexxx has much to be proud ofxxxstr8edgexxx has much to be proud ofxxxstr8edgexxx has much to be proud ofxxxstr8edgexxx has much to be proud ofxxxstr8edgexxx has much to be proud ofxxxstr8edgexxx has much to be proud ofxxxstr8edgexxx has much to be proud of
im having trouble understanding from your pic what the problem is. i am running gg4 and mine does look healthier but imnot sure what is so crazy wrong with that one.

8 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-16-2014, 07:56 AM #4
high life 45
Seen your Member?

The first two pics show the smaller internodal space and smaller leafs. This is the part of the plant that is the "dud"

Ill cut it off and take a pic of it by itself so you can clearly see.

The last two pics show much healthier growth, that is non "dud" but very well may have "dud" in its genes.

Old 05-16-2014, 08:07 AM #5
oldnewfarmer

oldnewfarmer will become famous soon enougholdnewfarmer will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxstr8edgexxx View Post
im having trouble understanding from your pic what the problem is. i am running gg4 and mine does look healthier but imnot sure what is so crazy wrong with that one.
your cut from the cup? I believe i am a member of D.I.C.K. Pics to come....fellow DICKS...i will have DICK pics this evening

Last edited by oldnewfarmer; 05-16-2014 at 11:47 PM.. Reason: Updated news

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-16-2014, 08:18 AM #6
high life 45
Seen your Member?

Get out of town! Your a DICK also!

Welcome aboard my friend.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-16-2014, 08:48 AM #7
high life 45
Seen your Member?

Heres a better example of the dud branch

Notice the brittle woody stem

Here is some seemingly healthy normal growth on the same branch

The dud'd growth, notice the smaller leaves, they dont look as healthy

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-16-2014, 09:58 AM #8
Hammerhead
Tired Farmer

Hammerhead has disabled reputation
Hammerhead has completed 5 grow reports. Click to see my Grow Reports
short internodal spacing is good in plants. I would not use that as an indication of something bad. Example plants that have huge colas have short internode's with increased yields.

#hammerhead_genetics

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-16-2014, 10:16 AM #9
high life 45
Seen your Member?

Hey PF thanks for stopping by, your right thats not the best description.

The internodal spacing on the dud'd area is shorter than the rest of the plant, of course it will help to have prior knowledge of the strain.

See the right side of the branch with its two "longer" healthier looking growths. That is what the internodal spacing on rest of my gg4 looks like

Look at the left side of the branch.

Does that look like gg4 to you?

Healthy gg4 below. I treated these plants and gave them a heat treatment, after the heat treatment is when the "dudding" appeared. Only on some of the branches on some of the plants.
I was about to take a bunch of clones and monocrop the next round, but I think I will see how this one plays first.

Old 05-16-2014, 10:38 AM #10
Sam_Skunkman
"RESIN BREEDER"

Sam_Skunkman has a reputation beyond reputeSam_Skunkman has a reputation beyond reputeSam_Skunkman has a reputation beyond reputeSam_Skunkman has a reputation beyond reputeSam_Skunkman has a reputation beyond reputeSam_Skunkman has a reputation beyond reputeSam_Skunkman has a reputation beyond reputeSam_Skunkman has a reputation beyond reputeSam_Skunkman has a reputation beyond reputeSam_Skunkman has a reputation beyond reputeSam_Skunkman has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by high life 45 View Post
As an effort to stop the spreading of Ganaj Herpes, come identify and share pic of your duds here.

First help me with this one here. Im calling DUUUUUD! What about you?

View Image View Image
This is GG#4
View Image View Image
My GG#4 that I got from the cup. Word on the street is Im not the only one here.

Personally I think duds come from bms, but lets not get to worked up about that all yet, lets identify duds first.
Cmon Buds, show us your DUDs!
What or who is bms?
Is the problem with phenotypic or genotypic expression?
If just phenotypic expression then you can try and clean up the clone by only taking the most healthy fresh vigorus material, rooting it, growing it big, take vigorus materials, grow it big, and repeat the process a few times.
This will often regenerate old weak clones, and restore their vigor and health, like with confused clones repeatedly revegged from flowering plants, or clones left in a really small pot for a year or more, that has all but stopped growing. They can be saved.
Genotypic duds can be tossed unless they have somthing that is wanted and hard to find in other varieties, then capture and use the traits and toss the dud.
-SamS

27 members found this post helpful.

Thread Closed