What's new

first grow- possible deficiency not sure how to correct

So this is another batch of plants from my first grow, they are all in the second week of vegetative. These three are all timewarp cuts. I know they are meant to be used in outdoor grows. ( possible side effect?) I'm thinking this maybe due to a magnesium or sulfur deficiency. I keep my ph level around 6.0 currently (water color test) but for some reason #2 seems to keep a ph level of 6.5 no matter how much ph down I use.

Attachments

• IMAG0262[1].jpg
    IMAG0262[1].jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 11
  • IMAG0261[1].jpg
    IMAG0261[1].jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 15
  • IMAG0259[1].jpg
    IMAG0259[1].jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 12
  • IMAG0256[1].jpg
    IMAG0256[1].jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 10
  • IMAG0246[1].jpg
    IMAG0246[1].jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 11
  • IMAG0257[1].jpg
    IMAG0257[1].jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 15
I use calmag plus alongside dyno-gro liquid grow plant food . is it possibl that I may not be using enough or maybe overfeeding my plants?

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=231387

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=231387

Joe's Fresh Guide to Sick Plant Diagnosis
Potassium plays a big role as well. Having good amounts of potassium in your plants helps in having sturdy and thick stems, disease-resistance, water respiration, as well aids in photosynthesis. Potassium is also found in the whole plant. It is necessary for all activities having to do with water transportation. Potassium is necessary for all stages of growth, especially important in the development of Buds.

Having to little of Potassium in your plants causes the plants leaves to show retarded growth and show a scorched tip and edges around the leaves. Plants may stretch and your branches can be easily broken or weak. Don’t get this deficiency confused with iron, because it almost acts like iron but to tell the difference in the two is: for potassium the tips of the leaves curl and the edges burn and die. Older leaves may show a red color and leaves could curl upwards. Dead patches (Necrosis) can happen on the margins of larger fan leaves thus, the leaves will eventually die off and turn brown. The Older leaves will show different patches of color (mottle) and turn yellow between the veins, following by whole leaves that turn dark yellow and die. The plants overall growth slows down, mostly when they are in vegetative stage. To little amount of potassium also slows the growth of buds during flowering stages. Dark edges will appear around the edges of the leaf when the deficiency is starting to happen. When your Relative humidity is low, you can almost bet your going to soon get a potassium deficiency from your plants perspiration.
Potassium can get poorly absorbed when having too much Calcium or ammonium nitrogen, and maybe cold weather. Having to much sodium (Na) causes potassium to be displaced. SO keep those in mind… Parts affected by a Potassium Deficiency are: older leaves and leaf margins.

When you have too much Potassium in your soil, it can lead to big troubles, like salt damage and acid fixation of the root system, as well as too much potassium can cause a calcium deficiency. Your fan leaves will show like a light to a dark yellow to whitish color in between the veins. Due to a molecular imbalance, potassium toxicity can cause a reduced uptake and lead to the deficiencies of Mg, and in some cases, Ca. Also leads to the other nutrients to not be absorbed properly leading to lots of other deficiency such as: magnesium, manganese, zinc and iron and can cause problems with calcium as well.

Problems with Potassium being locked out by PH troubles
Soils with excessive Leeching and High ph soils and or water.Soils that are potassium fixated. An excess of kitchen salts (sodium) in the root system/enviroment.

Soil

Potassium gets locked out of soil growing at ph levels of 4.0-5.5
Potassium is absorbed best in soil at a ph level of 6.0-9.5. (Wouldn’t recommend having a ph of over 7.0 in soil) anything out of the ranges listed will contribute to a Potassium deficiency.

Hydro and Soil less Mediums

Potassium gets locked out of Hydro and Soil less Mediums at ph levels of 4.0-4.5, 6.0-6.5.
Potassium is absorbed best in Hydro and Soil less Mediums at ph levels of 4.7-5.3, 6.7-8.5. (Wouldn’t recommend having a ph over 6.5 in hydro and soil less mediums.) Best range for hydro and soil less mediums is 5.0 to 6.0. Anything out of the ranges listed will contribute to a potassium deficiency.

View Image

View Image

View Image

View Image
View Image
View Image

View Image

View Image
View Image[/quote]

That's what it looks like to me. What are you growing in? What is your feeding schedule/ cycle?

I have my plants in 5 gallon dwc buckets. I'm currently running a 24 hr light cycle and feeding every ten days when I change the water. I've have considered adding silica blast. But from what you just told me it sounds like I may have a ph lockout.

Thanks everyone for your help, I've corrected my ph lockout and my plant have begun overcoming the deficiency. Here are some picture of my ladies :) the first two pictures are my lemon skunk and the others are all of my timewarps.

Attachments

• 1400435572655.jpg
    1400435572655.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 12
  • 1400435590547.jpg
    1400435590547.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 11
  • 1400435621490.jpg
    1400435621490.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 16
  • 1400435702452.jpg
    1400435702452.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 12
  • 1400435712903.jpg
    1400435712903.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 11
My bad homie I meant to do an update but that never happened. It did turnout to be a ph lockout. I quickly afterwards fixed the ph and made the beautiful girls made it to flower. I am now on my second grow thanks to the help from the community.

Latest posts

Latest posts