What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

HELP has anyone used Bulk soil 50/yards from 4 Season,Kinney nursery or The Worm Farm

norcalkell

Hi, I'm trying to decide on either: 4seassons ,Kinney nursery or the worm farm

4 seasons 419 Blend
Cert organic dairy manure
Aged Forrest humus
Pro mix hp
Pure nitro worm casting
Nitro bat guano blood meal
Crab meal
Kelp meal
Feather meal
Alfalfa meal
Oyster shell lime dolomite
Green sand
Glacial rock dust
Cal soft rock phosphate
Humic acid
mycorrzae
$165/40/yards @ $7103.

” Plus custom-blended potting soil is made from.
530 pluss formula
Ingredients
Certified Organic Dairy Manure
Aged Forest Humus
Coco Core
Pro-Mix HP
Perlite
Nitrogen Worm Castings
Dolomite
Oyster Shell Lime
Nitrogen Bat Guano
Humic Acid

Mycorrhizae

I could get 50% formula 419
+
50% formula 530 pluss

$ 5273.00

KINNEY NURSERY 530-839-2195

Nor Cal Gold Ultra-Premium Blend Potting Soil: After 40 years of mixing soils we come up with a blend to top them all. A soil designed for you hard working Northern Californian Gardeners that know what it takes to produce bumper crops of delicious nutritious fruits.
Taking our proven performer "Gardeners Delight" that includes "high octane" amendments like our #1 topsoil, worm casting, mushroom compost, forest humus, and pumice and poultry humus and we pumped things up for you demanding gardeners.

Nor Cal Gold has added a biological based all-purpose organic fertilizer, a superior probiotic blend
horticultural perlite to increase aeration and percolation,
CocoNotR an environmental safe alternative to Coco Coir,
Cascade Mineral
, Azomite

Glacial Rock Dust,
Bat Guano,
Alaskan Fish Bone Meal,
Non GMO Cotton Seed Meal,
High Mountain Alfalfa Meal,
Mined Potassium Sulfate,
Kelp Meal,
Sea Weed Extract and a
biological fungicide Actino-ironto keep your plants happy and healthy all season.

$89.95/yard. 40/ yards =$3868.00 + driver @$100/hr

OR THE WORM FARM, DURHAM CA

30% coco
30% perlite
Compost green waste from Vernalis, Ca
Composted cow manure
Composted chick manure
Azomite
Diatomatious earth
Feather meal
Nitro guano
Phos guano

$108/yard @40 yards=$4820.00

Any info would be greatly appreciated!!!!!!

Thank Icmag peeps!!!

Meds215

Check out wacky alaskan from rare earth grass valley 102 a yard has some good stuff in it. No green waste google "rare earth" and look at there soil blends

norcalkell

Ill NEVER use wacky alaskan from rare earth grass valley EVER AGAIN!! Loaded with FUNGUS gnats and nasty other stuff.. Other peeps had issues too!!

Meds215

Sorry to hear about your bad experience with wacky alaskan well I already have 40 yards of it so I'll let you know how it turns out for me. I haven't seen any fun gas knats yet, and it smells good hope it works for me

norcalkell

I would definitely get some beneficial nematodes & lets them get to work ass soon as ur done filling ur pots/holes or trenches..

norcalkell

I went with 4 seasons..

No foul, rotten or rank smells in the yard and NO BUGS!! I've inspected many yards on my quest..

Very clean and excellent cust service..

Nice fluffy, excellent drainage and ratio mixing of amendments..

Meds215

Right on Kell glad your stoked, I hope rare earth has changed since you've used them cuz you got me a lol worried but oh well everything happens for a reason. What strains you running this year, I just grabbed some Moolah and The Truth in Grass Valley figured there proven to yield well in the foothills.

KDT

I used Kinney nursery last year, didn't have any issues with their soil, overall I'd say it's worth what they ask for it. However, I feel I got kinda screwed by the self owned and operated truckers who brought it out. The load seemed light (they are supposedly responsible for making sure each trailer is loading correctly so it's goes to full capacity), and they literally overcharged me A TON for the delivery. The receipt they gave me was unreadable and I didn't have the luxury of spending too much time discussing the final cost, as they parked both trucks in the middle of my one way main road (while neighbors were trying to pass no less). So, overall I'd say avoid, or get a firm estimate (and be firm yourself if they try to overcharge).