What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

2 guerrillas, one question at hand:

Team Microbe

Veteran
How to split the payout?

picture.php

Long story short -

A good buddy of mine and I have made the decision to team up this season on a small patch using both of our knowledge to our advantage. He's got bush knowledge and works well with tools, can build ANYthing pretty much. I have grow knowledge and site-location wisdom that we can combine into a serious guerrilla team. We're planning the season out now, and come the question of how we're going to divide up the pay come harvest....

He wants to stay in the shadows during the grow, and is hesitant to come out into the bush to do any grow-related labor. I can understand this, but it makes it tricky making a deal or at least one that is fair for both of us with the same risk factors for each party.

picture.php

Let me know what you guys think would be the best option here, here are the deals we discussed tonight:

First option:

To pay for seeds, soil and amendments for 20 plants. I would set up the patch and dig holes, grow plants and transplant, then manage the grow and harvest/dry/cure at a secured location. Split final harvest 50/50 (10 plants a piece roughly). He would be my lookout during drops, would dig half of the holes, and help scout for spots once a week (he works 5 days a week).

2nd option:

Have me log my hours spent working in the bush prepping/tending to/watering the plants and pay me accordingly (15-20 an hr) during the grow season. He would buy the 20 seeds and I would divide them up amongst my patches evenly, ensuring he has a harvest. He would harvest 100% of his 20 plants and I would be simply paid for labor to grow them along with mine. This is tricky because I'm not sure how many hours I'll be investing this year, and if he'll be able to afford all the work I'll be doing.

picture.php

our mountain site

picture.php

water source

picture.php

this used to be an old logging forest

What do you guys think? Again, he wants to keep his hands clean during this so he would be in the background providing a truck, tools, and bush knowledge along with site-searching in the next couple weeks. I would do the work in the bush including drops, drop-site hauls, transplanting, growing, and harvesting/drying/curing. I want this to be fair for both of us, so I came to Icmag to get a neutral opinion from you kind folks.

Last edited:

Ajunta Pall

Not much of a partnership you take all the risk while he hides in the shadows. If he wants half the pay shouldn't he take half the risks? Also I definitely wouldn't mix his seeds in your other plots, since you have other plots can't understand why you would want to take this on. If he really wants to grow let him plant his seeds on his own, perhaps you could be a consultant and charge him 20% or so for helping him manage his shit.

glx

Yeah.. doesn't sound fair. Only reason would be if you didn't have money for 10 plants, which shouldn't be too bad really. If he's a real good bud, plant an extra, give him an oz at the end and that should convince him. You can't do a grow and not get your hands dirty.

S

sourpuss

Yeah man no risk no reward. U r takin all the risk, therefore u deserve most of the money. Whats up with him wanting to harvest at the end??? 15 20 bucks an hour is too low for sure. Not trying to start shit just reality. Id say 70 30. Unless he starts doing more work

Team Microbe

Veteran
Yeah man no risk no reward. U r takin all the risk, therefore u deserve most of the money. Whats up with him wanting to harvest at the end??? 15 20 bucks an hour is too low for sure. Not trying to start shit just reality. Id say 70 30. Unless he starts doing more work

Yeah you guys may be right, now that I think about it we've gotta work out some other kind of deal.

J.V

ICMag Donor
Yeah you guys may be right, now that I think about it we've gotta work out some other kind of deal.

I'd say....your better off rolling on your own.....BUT..If your friend has some skills that you find necessary....Well than go with it...Considering the fact, your friend wont be putting his neck on the chopping block....70/30 sounds reasonable.

Team Microbe

Veteran
I'd say....your better off rolling on your own.....BUT..If your friend has some skills that you find necessary....Well than go with it...Considering the fact, your friend wont be putting his neck on the chopping block....70/30 sounds reasonable.

Thanks for the input JV, you make a good point.

I just edited the post, and included a few more things he would be doing which include:

-digging 1/2 the holes for the patch (10)
-being the lookout on the walkie talkie during drops
-providing a truck for safe soil transactions

T

Terps

I agree with JV your better off on your own. from my experience its never a good idea to mix friends with money or grows. Rule number one is never tell a soul! Who u gona point the finger at if it all gets taken by rippers? Eachother that who! Then kiss your friendship goodbye..

dickcorn

taking none of the risk you are! Pay for help if needed but a partnership should be 50/50, otherwise it's your op.

lr3

yea, fastest and most complete ways to dissolve a friendship are:
a. date them
b. start a business together

hicksticky

Still at large...
Been there done that, 50/50 split and did most of the work, in the end you might be (for lack of a better word) resentful, you did do most of the work and only got half of the pay. and its been said already you take most of the risk, sweat, and bleed the most.

my advise is do a 70/30 split or and maybe better, take on 30 plants, 20 you two split and the extra ten is for your labor and risk that way your friend is still getting what he first wanted and you are getting a little extra.

As with most grow like this there is alot of risks like the crop; dying, being ripped and/or being non productive. If you both go into this know and execpting those things the better the out come no matter what.

Manstien

TM, I really enjoy your posts in this section recently.
that being said...drivers are good help.
but with a operation this small just do it yourself! pay for the drives...you can handle it ;)

Team Microbe

Veteran
Thanks all for your replies. I can now see that the anticipation of not being alone out in the bush all summer is more than I thought it was... perhaps I'm getting a little excited about having another head with me to help out. I see potential in our team though if he can grow his balls a bit bigger because he's a harder worker than I am... we went on a hike today up a mountain and he was ahead of me the whole time haha.

I'll run either a 60/40 or a 70/30 number by him next time we chill, and show him this thread even. We trust each other well enough to the point of not worrying about the other guy ripping the other guys crops, so the friendship issue shouldn't be a problem. I'll have a few other patches besides this, so he's getting the better end of the deal probably but it's something I can afford to do if it means upping my security in other areas (him being my lookout during payloads). Maybe a 60/40 number would be more appeasable to both of us, providing that he does his end of the bargain obviously...

I actually wrote a list out of our duties that is a little more descriptive than my first post:

Man-to-man Outdoor Agreement of 2014:

Each party performs their duties to the fullest, no excuses, and the final harvest is split 60/40 (roughly 5-7 elbows per person)

Head #1's duties:

- pre-season scouting in car & on foot
- germinate, grow, harvest, dry & cure (high-risk factors)
- late-night hauls
- drop-site hauls
- digging holes (10)
- irrigation (drip-lines)
- maintaining plants throughout the season

Head # 2's duties:

- buying seeds/soil for 20 plants ($600)
- scout-assisting once a week during May
- "eyes and ears" via walkie during payloads
- provides tools for prepping plots during May
- digs holes (10)
- providing bush knowledge (the dude ID'd a fuckin mouse that was crapped out by an owl today) haha. Not relevant but what he knows is.

So what do you guys think? 70/30? 60/40? Any change in your original suggestion is what I'm wondering... :tiphat:

Latest posts

Latest posts