What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Pure Sativa Greenhouse

R

recent guest

In 2013 I built a 24' x 48' foot greenhouse with an 13' apex and a 4' deep excavation spanning half the floor plan, giving me a max ceiling height of 17' for half the length of the greenhouse. I built it like this to accommodate the stretch of pure sativa strains.

The greenhouse is heated in the winter with a propane heater, but as soon as I can I will be replacing this system with a wood fired and solar heating system.

With this space I can provide a large family and frequent visitors with fresh vegetables, herbs and even exotic fruits and citrus year-round, and in the springtime I can start garden plants as early as possible.

But crucially, this enables me, in theory, to properly grow and finish pure and unadulterated landrace and hybrid sativas from equatorial regions around the world.

In 2014, I have the Colorado personal limit of 6 plants for the greenhouse, although our living situation (this structure is built adjacent to multiple separate households with, as I mentioned, a large number of family members.) would allow us to cultivate many more cannabis plants without violating our wonderful new state laws. This is, of course, a non-commercial grow, and none of the finished product is sold or transported.

As of April 2014 the six females currently growing include two female Oldtimer's Haze from Ace seed company, One Panama also from Ace, one F1 hybrid from a pollenation I did last year (Cannabiogen Destroyer x Ace Malawi) that I call 'Frost Monster', one sativa of unknown genetic origins that passed to me from a relative (see the thread "growing a seed from 1972 in my signature), and I have started several more Oldtimer's Haze and Malawi seedlings to replace a potential male Oldtimer's Haze.

I also have to make room for an amazing NYC Diesel clone that produces some of the finest, highest bag appeal, most resinous herb I have ever experienced.

I use supplemental lighting, but that will stop near the summer solstice (June 21), and the plants should flower out naturally in the fall and winter.

Thanks for stopping by!

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

picture.php
picture.php

Last edited:
R

recent guest

NYC Diesel

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

picture.php

This was the most potent, beautiful, high yielding individual from a pack of Soma's NYC Diesel purchased in 2012. She grows with tremendous vigor and has a smell of new tires with a citrus bite, very deep and earthy afghan hash flavors and palate. I love her mostly because she has such a strong temperature induced purpling tendency, which I prefer to genetically purple strains because she has the knock-down potency of a strain that definitely was not bred for color. I expect I can get this plant to yield several pounds of top notch gear.

R

recent guest

Frost Monster (Cannabiogen Destroyer x Ace Malawi)

picture.php

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

picture.php

This is a hybrid of two great sativa strains. The Malawi is extraordinarily potent, and the destroyer is not lacking there either. Both are 100% sativa strains and have been meticulously selected by the great spanish breeders at both seed companies. The high of this F1 specimen is very 'warm' and spreading, it radiates and is felt behind the eyes. Exotic sativa head high with no limits and a smooth comedown, clear headed influence of the Thai and Mexican genetics, and a mind-bending ass-kick from the African father.

R

recent guest

Oldtimer's Haze #1 (Green Pheno)

This is a green/blond southeast asian phenotype from a pack of Ace Oldtimer's Haze purchased in 2012. The clone has been growing for several months in the greenhouse. The mother is flowering indoors in a tent and as of May 1st she will have been flowering for 20 weeks. i have only smoked early samples but the effect is that of a pure sativa, clear and with some very surprising potency that isn't given away by the 'look' of the plant. This is very special stuff, sativa genetics of the highest order. You can find a lot of great info in the Oldtimer's Haze thread in the forums.

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

bigherb

Veteran
Bear

Im lovin this thread ,Amazing pics with great notes of the strains .

You've been killin it brother , I'm thankful you've returned in full force

I'm anticipating the finish product from GD n I gotta say that frost monster name is well suited to what looks to be a gem

Please keep us posted

Best wishes

1luvbigherb

Dirtboy808

Veteran
That extra few feet in height will help. I have 13ft but need a jack hammer to dig into the solid lava to make some trenches right now I'm using smart pots. Really clean site. Great job. Aloha DB

Morcheeba*

Veteran
nice greenhouse and I love that you are running long flowering sativas.........they are looking great.

peace

Buddler

Veteran
You do damn nice work Bear aweswome GH and that diesel friggin beauty as well as those exotic sativa s .. Makes me wanna grab some of Soma s gear.Bud

Greenlife1

That is a sweet GH you have there Bear.
I think it will be a great year for you.
Can't wait to see some monsters in there.

R

recent guest

wow! Thanks for the interest! I forgot to mention that I keep this greenhouse 100% organic with the ONE exception of Fox Farm Grow Big and Tiger Bloom. However I will not be using either for this run, there is plenty of organic N, P, K, and trace elements around. I have a composting system set up to recycle nutrients from harvested plants and byproducts. I am a farmer and rancher by profession so naturally there is no shortage of livestock manure and pasture residue for composting. During periods of high water, like now, my water is filled with rich river silt that adds all sorts of goodies (and some salts unfortunately).

Ever tried farming NOT high? Its boring as shit!

Anyway, here are the girls:

picture.php

Haze siblings. Male Purple Oldtimer's Haze on the right and female Green Oldtimer's Haze on the left.

picture.php

Diesel clone, Frost Monster on the viewers left

picture.php

GD London 1972 in a 500 gallon pot

picture.php

Oldtimer's Haze clone, Green pheno.

R

recent guest

Ace Panama

I dont know if this is the red or green phenotype of Ace Panama. The 'Red' pheno produces beautiful magenta pistils, the 'Green' pheno has a more sativa effect but produces green/white pistils. I suspect this is a red pheno, the reason that I am unsure is that it takes strong sun to get the red out and I flowered this sample in a tent.

Here is the clone, now:

picture.php

And a newly dried sample:

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

R

recent guest

Some recent morning/evening moments:

Haze
picture.php

GD-72
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

The three plants currently permanently placed (NYC Diesel in the foreground, caged and ready to become a COP (Cage of Purple)

picture.php

R

recent guest

This is the Haze in the first picture from the previous post. Since she has been flowering for 20 weeks as of today, I thought I would put some of her pictures here. I think this is a 24 week asiatic phenotype, green haze that takes on some blonde, goldilocks flowers toward the end.

Trichomes are still almost entirely clear.

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

R

recent guest

And thats what I mean when I say 'Pure Sativa' Greenhouse.

Remember, if there's no cat hair, then it ain't fiyah.

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

R

recent guest

Well, I am just not sure what happened to everyone, but...

I am in the process of putting the Frost Monster (Destroyer x Malawi) into a 70 gallon pot and a permanent spot. More photos are coming, although Im dealing with a minor (for now) spider mite occupation on the Diesel. I know that there are other types of critters inhabiting this space too, some good and some bad. I have spotted fungus gnats and whiteflies, although no serious populations so far.

I am debating setting off a pyrethrum bug bomb, and another several days later. Supposedly its organic, I have a hard time seeing how any insecticide could be. Any help is appreciated.

jayjayfrank

Veteran
do the pyrethrum bomb, did my first one couple weeks back worked out great

also, frost monster looks awesome good work!

Latest posts

Latest posts