What's new

Renting damn near impossible

RedBeardy5

Me and my wife came out here for a week to look at homes. We are here as we speak in the north east denver looking for rentals. I have even offered landlords the full year up front and they won't rent to me bc landlords say it's a pain to collect rent all at once. I'm sure it's bc I'm out of state, I'm clean cut, clean dress, from Chicago. I have enough cash for 2 years. Why is this so difficult. Anyone know of rentals north east denver $1200 -$1800. I would like some input because I am a very motivated successful person just looking to get out of Chicago.

RedBeardy5

Everyone asks me that. Banks won't give a loan with no employment history in Colorado since I'm leaving my job. I want to rent before buying BC I made that mistake in Chicago and am still paying for my home I have rented under water.

cannacoob

i have no experience with colorado but have you looked into rent-to-own or owner finance properties? just some options possibly worth exploring..

usda101

If i did'nt have so much going on here RedBeardy i also would make that move . Did a cram down to get principle on house pushed down to present market value then rented it out as well . Got a few buddies who went to 420 out there lookink for reasonable priced vacation pads . Keep us posted on how the hunt goes and i will do the same .

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yeah, heard on the news a few times just in the last few weeks, rentals becoming harder to come by, and then more expensive. However, they were talking about apartments. And in COLO Spgs, they are building like crazy, but again prices are steep. "Whatever the market will bear"

Guess you've tried home/townhome rentals. There's LOTS of places outside of Denver proper....look at the burbs....or within a 20 minute drive to DEN. Instead of looking in a certain direction..."NE of Denver"...look where it's feasible.

Contact property management companies that rent homes....you'll find something. Or pick up the weekly advertising rag...something like Penny Pincher, Quick Quarter....whatever it's called in Denver...finding them @ convenience store racks, grocery stores.

If it were me, I'd go the prop mgmt. route....saves time...and you don't have to make a jillion calls only to find out the place has been rented. You can view homes on line at most prop management businesses.

Good luck!!

staank

Are you telling them you plan to grow in their place? Or that you are joining the weed biz? Or did you walk in and say "I don't have a job but here's $14k in kizzash!"

If you are just looking for a place to live? Not sure I see what the issue is.. someone has a place to rent, you fill out the form.. they check your credit, you pay the money. there must be something else happening.

RedBeardy5

I don't tell anyone I'm growing. I do remodeling so I'm not going to mess anyone house up. I understand the renting buisness. My goal to to get into the renting buisness not marijuana though im trying anything right now. Driving to springs as we speak to see a management. I hope I can meet some of you guys out here

There is a guy name CJ that rents to growers specifically. He posts on Craigslist.

His number is (PM me). I put his number up because he puts it up on craigslist. I believe it not to violate the rules of this site.

He is a great guy, and I am sure he would love to take your money upfront. He always has houses.

They go for a bit more above market value, but they are being rented to specifically grow in.

How times have changed. :)

I edited out his number just to be safe. However you can PM me, or search "grow friendly" on Denver craigslist. :)

Last edited:

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Be careful, photo- this is the WWW. Anyone can take his number and manipulate or create havoc, causing problems, delving into records, private info, etc.

Better to put phone numbers in PM next time.

Craigslist is specific to the locales. Here it's open to EVERYONE!! (GULP!)

Might want to rethink and delete the phone number......

B

BrnCow

Stay out of Aurora and you might find something...Thorton, Westminister, Golden, above I70 but Federal is sort of gangy south - Englewood....might have to rent an apartment first ...Stay out of central Denver like Sheridan St.... West side in not too bad either...Lakewood ...Evergreen - past Evergreen is snow country...Parker county might be okay also - rednecks...good luck...rent to own might be something but I suspect it is high by now..

RedBeardy5

Yeah I drove thru aurora and said no, not for me. I found one in woodland park near manitou springs that's needs work. Someone came and offered 6 months so I offered a year and will fix the house up. We will see. Beautiful out here!

Ever thought about buying a trailer/mobile home cash? A lot of trailer parks will let you in fairly easily as long as you seem willing to keep the outside of your place nice, and don't have felonies on your record.

RedBeardy5

Nice I'm surprised they are not already legal for recreation, being a more hippie town. Just waiting to see if I got this house. Photosynthesis, are you around the area?

RedBeardy5

We'll I have a house and lease signed. As soon as I get into the Chicago area I got into it with someone about the marijuana industry. He tells me the Colorado boom is nothing and Colorado is a bunch of lazy pot heads. I can't wait to get the F out of here.

justpassnthru

Veteran
Thought you all might find this article interesting. This trend is probably similar in the housing market! I am only posting the first page of the link: http://www.mainstreet.com/article/small-business/marijuana-eats-denver-warehouse-space-0?cm_ven=msearthlinkcf

Posted April 19, 2014
Marijuana Eats Up Denver Warehouse Space
By Al Lewis

DENVER (MainStreet) — If you're looking to get into Colorado's burgeoning marijuana business, good luck finding space to grow your weed in the Mile High City.

Also See: Cannabis REITs Face Challenges in Federal Law

Vacancy rates for warehouses and light-industrial spaces are close to historic lows of 4% as pot growers take up every available nook they can find.

Mitchell Zatz, a senior vice president at Jones Lang LaSalle in Denver, has been brokering commercial real estate for more than 20 years and says he's never seen space this tight.

"It's really skewing our whole industrial market," he said.

Lease rates for run-down 10,000 or 20,000-square foot buildings are smashing records.

"A high lease rate used to be $12 a foot and now it's $15 to $17 a foot," Zatz said. "Some people are talking $20."

Even grower-suitable buildings outside of the metro area are commanding premiums, if they are available at all.

Llorn Kylo, the CEO of Scottsdale, Ariz.-based Cannabis-Rx (OTCQB: CANA), recently raised $30 million in financing to buy buildings and lease them out to pot growers in Colorado and Washington where recreational use is now legal. He's not finding any deals in Denver, though.

Also See: Cannabis-Rx Pledges $30 Million to Pot Properties

"I'm just not willing to do a deal that doesn't make good economic sense," he said. "I don't want to pay a premium just to get in the space and then be sitting on a building that we paid too much for."

Kylo is a long-time real estate developer who changed the name of his company from Longview Real Estate Inc. in January. He's taking an even longer view with Cannabis-Rx, positioning his company in an industry that is expected to keep right on exploding.

[/QUOTE]

Thought you all might find this article interesting. This trend is probably similar in the housing market! I am only posting the first page of the link: http://www.mainstreet.com/article/s...denver-warehouse-space-0?cm_ven=msearthlinkcf

Posted April 19, 2014
Marijuana Eats Up Denver Warehouse Space
By Al Lewis

DENVER (MainStreet) — If you're looking to get into Colorado's burgeoning marijuana business, good luck finding space to grow your weed in the Mile High City.

Also See: Cannabis REITs Face Challenges in Federal Law

Vacancy rates for warehouses and light-industrial spaces are close to historic lows of 4% as pot growers take up every available nook they can find.

Mitchell Zatz, a senior vice president at Jones Lang LaSalle in Denver, has been brokering commercial real estate for more than 20 years and says he's never seen space this tight.

"It's really skewing our whole industrial market," he said.

Lease rates for run-down 10,000 or 20,000-square foot buildings are smashing records.

"A high lease rate used to be $12 a foot and now it's $15 to $17 a foot," Zatz said. "Some people are talking $20."

Even grower-suitable buildings outside of the metro area are commanding premiums, if they are available at all.

Llorn Kylo, the CEO of Scottsdale, Ariz.-based Cannabis-Rx (OTCQB: CANA), recently raised $30 million in financing to buy buildings and lease them out to pot growers in Colorado and Washington where recreational use is now legal. He's not finding any deals in Denver, though.

Also See: Cannabis-Rx Pledges $30 Million to Pot Properties

"I'm just not willing to do a deal that doesn't make good economic sense," he said. "I don't want to pay a premium just to get in the space and then be sitting on a building that we paid too much for."

Kylo is a long-time real estate developer who changed the name of his company from Longview Real Estate Inc. in January. He's taking an even longer view with Cannabis-Rx, positioning his company in an industry that is expected to keep right on exploding.
[/quote]

There will be a huge burst to this bubble in 3-5 years. Once all of the greenhouses down south are pumping out buds for half the price those warehouses will be empty as hell.

We will be seeing the peak to this bubble in about 2 years.

A large burst will be next. :)

It is dumb as fuck to think that you can profitably grow plants in a warehouse under electricity. Growers, and investors tend to forget this is nothing but agriculture.

People growing plants plain, and simple.

I think it is funny as hell how deep some of these dispensaries are getting into warehouses.

Literally can't see the forest for the trees. :)

Latest posts

Latest posts