What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

WHITE FLECKS OF DEATH????

furrywall11

I'm sorry but, at this point I couldn't put "Could be this be aphids or thrips??" in my freaken subject line because is just sounds too demure for a situation that is completely FUC**** and hopefully this will draw some attention to what is both a cautionary tale and plea for help.

With the outdoor season upon us my once clean clone room is now over run by malicious white flecks....and where did I pick them up? When a "buddy" sent me a cut of gorilla glue in the mail. I wanted the damn cut so bad that I just over looked the fact that they had a couple white flecks on them...thought, if it becomes a problem, I'll treat it. Now it's in pretty much all of my ez cloners and all of my trays of rock wool.

Anyways, here it is.... let's calm down and sort it out. Anyone see this before and know how to treat it?

IMG_2730.jpg

IMG_2732.jpg

DJXX

Veteran
good luck...i got gifted PM once...i quarantine everything i take in..DJXX

furrywall11

This is not powder mildew... the white stuff is crystalline. I actually haven't been to spot any bugs.....I know that I never had anything like this on my plants and then I get these cuts in the mail and they have these white crystals on them and then all of my clones have them...

so far, google has turned up the white crystals on cannabis as "IBA leaching from the cloning gel" and too much calcium in the water...

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If the cuts started showing roots id spray a neem oil solution. 1oz pro tekt silica, 1oz neem oil and a fat spash of sm-90 in a gallon of water. Mix well, your cuts will look clean afterwards especially if you use ro water. Oh and ph the solution to 5.0. If your cuts are unrooted, leave them alone.

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Also that does not look like powdery mildew. It looks like a leftover deposit from some form of spray. Could be anything, eagle 20, immunox, floramite, or literally any spray that can leave a white deposit. Could be calcium rich hard water as well. Either way i wish you the best. Neem is a great thing to use on the regular.

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Not the best available but, perfect for this style application and for its attainability.

Mikenite69

Veteran
You can also get pure neem of eBay for pretty cheap. That's where I got mine and it works really well all you have to do is mix a little dish soap with it to make it spread out more and mix better in the water. But I can tell you make sure you don't leave the neem and soap mix in your misting bottle or it will smell like hell after 24 to 48 hours of sitting in the spray bottle and it's hard to get that smell out of the bottle.

I think you can also get neem oil in health food stores also.