What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Dark Green Blotches on GDP Leaves!

MG2012

http://imgur.com/mirIPRH

I'm not quite sure what's causing this?
In soil with perlite, been feeding water with PH lower solution in it to keep PH at around 7. Just started getting these blotches 2 days ago.

If anyone can give me some advice it'd be greatly appreciated thank you.

Mikenite69

Veteran
If I was you if you are just in promix don't worry so much about ph'in water. Soil has a natural ph of around 7 so no matter what the ph will bounce back especially with fresh medium.

I know lots of people will say ph but my current grow I am running a 50/50 mix of sunshine mix#4 and blocked coco. I am at day 50 of flower and haven't ph'd a single thing that has went into my pot food or water. Ph down is some horrible shit and in soil if your ph swings up or down to fast you are gonna have a ton of issues.

So try taking my advice for a couple days and see if it clears your issues up atleast a week I bet after that week of not worrying about your ph and just giving it straight water you will come back and thank me.

MG2012

Okay thanks for your advice, so your suggestion is to cut out the ph lower and just water with plain water?

Mikenite69

Veteran
Hey bud cut out worrying about your ph all together in soil it's not really nesasary. I have grown in promix for many years and never ph'd a thing food or water. I mean when you get later into your grow if you start noticing issues you can always top dress with some dolomite lime and it was bounce your soil ph back to 7.

My plants have been nothing but happy since I have stopped using my ph meter and ph up and down. You soil will always naturally make nutrients available because the soil is naturally ph'd to be in range from 6.5 to 7. Any promix I have ever used was always naturally ph 7.

MG2012

Hey bud cut out worrying about your ph all together in soil it's not really nesasary. I have grown in promix for many years and never ph'd a thing food or water. I mean when you get later into your grow if you start noticing issues you can always top dress with some dolomite lime and it was bounce your soil ph back to 7.

My plants have been nothing but happy since I have stopped using my ph meter and ph up and down. You soil will always naturally make nutrients available because the soil is naturally ph'd to be in range from 6.5 to 7. Any promix I have ever used was always naturally ph 7.

Okay thank you very much for your help, I thought it could be something to do with my use of ph raise and lower. Hopefully things start going better from here on :).

smailer

oh... guys it's overwatring.
roots cannot breath and you see now like stunned grow and P def.
and all other at one time.

and you with overwatering always will have an ph swings.
Just let to dry your medium and give time to plant for recovery.

MG2012

oh... guys it's overwatring.
roots cannot breath and you see now like stunned grow and P def.
and all other at one time.

and you with overwatering always will have an ph swings.
Just let to dry your medium and give time to plant for recovery.

Thanks guys! This has been really helpful, i'll lay back on watering and when I have to water i'll just use normal tap water :).

OvergrowDaWorld

$$ ALONE $$
Veteran
Its called dampening off. Your overwatering the piss out of that poor plant.
Wait to water when the soil is dry enough to put a finger, knuckle deep, into the soil and not feel moisture. Get to know its weight when you lift it up. When its light, and the soil is dry, water.

Keep your waters ph at 6.5 and all will be good. Do not feed them any nutes!

OvergrowDaWorld

$$ ALONE $$
Veteran
My tap water is at a 17.8 ph.
I need 22 drops of ph down to get it to a 6.5 ph.
Everyones tap water is not the same. Not ph'ing your water is bad advice.
Sorry Mikey but its true. Have you asked how many drops of down it takes for him to get in the range? If I gave my plants just tap, they would be fu*ked up with the quickness.

Ph-patrol

Veteran
Hey Mg
I would definitely listen to the backing off on your watering schedule. But i would definitely ph your water and then check your run off to see if there is a big discrepancy.
dolomite lime if there's a problem.

2 cents

JointOperation

My tap water is at a 17.8 ph.
I need 22 drops of ph down to get it to a 6.5 ph.
Everyones tap water is not the same. Not ph'ing your water is bad advice.
Sorry Mikey but its true. Have you asked how many drops of down it takes for him to get in the range? If I gave my plants just tap, they would be fu*ked up with the quickness.

17.8 jesus christ id switch to RO ASAP.

Mikenite69

Veteran
Hey overgrow what do you have sewer water or does you water come out of the ocean or Hudson River I have never heard of a ph that high that is crazy.

I think it is so funny how so many people claim you need to ph your water or food in soil I don't care how low my nutrient solution drops when I use humic acid I don't ph shit. My last grow was the first time I tried to ph everything and it was a freaking disaster.

I am sorry but all ph'n does is make nutrients available faster to the plant because it puts it into range suitable for the plants. But even if you don't ph it will automatically adjust itself over time look at my plants perfectly healthy plants leaves reaching for the sky.

Now I am not saying that if you are growing in coco not to ph because that would just be stupid. Or if you are growing in fox farm soils like overgrow does then yes u might wanna ph. I am talking about straight promix no food added to it or sunshine mix#4.

Before I joined this site and many years before I always grew in promix using peters 20-20-20 and blossom boost start to finish without even knowing about ph meters many years ago and never had a issue or a problem with lockout or plants suffering because I didn't ph my water or food. That shit is a gimmick and meant for mainly coco, hydro or some other soilless medium.

I challenge anyone to try growing without worrying about ph'in your water and feed in soil or promix not with food added to it and I bet you will have no issues unless you are overgrow and have sewer water that comes out of your tap. Lol

Like I said you will have people that swear by ph'in anything that goes into your pot but my results don't lie and I will stick to them not ph'in anything that goes into my pot. Unless I am growing in coco or some other hydro type then ofcourse I'll ph everything.

Just my 2 penny's and not saying anyone is wrong to each there own but like I said my results don't lie. Ph down is horrible shit for potted plants. If you are gonna use ph up and down you are better off using humic acid for down and silica for ph up.

Granger2

Veteran
It's silly to argue this. There are thousands of tap waters, and some, like Mike's, are good. But if you use my highly alkaline, high lime, 8.3 pH, tap in soil without pHing, you'll have problems. Also, Citric Acid, Ascorbic Acid, and others work but are not bad.

And obviously Overgrow's pH number is a typo. I'm sure he meant 7.8, especially since the pH scale goes from 0-14.

Also, it is not called Dampening Off, it's called Damping Off. Just saying. Your plants are past the point of getting Damping Off. It affects tender seedlings by causing an indention/collapse in the succulent stem, and at that point the plant keels over. You're past that point since your stem is getting woody.

I agree that you should back off the watering, and allow them to dry more. What color is the feed you're applying. The spots almost look like stains from dark colored nute solution. I'm not for sure on that, but it's a possibility. If you are lucky to have good water, then don't pH, but since you're having problems, I'd pH for awhile to eliminate that as a problem. Have you or are you inoculating with beneficial microbes? Use a root stimulator. Good luck. -granger