What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cali connection... avoid!

Z

zooty

Everything I have grown of theres has been hermie

it's a shame because they are some great plants, but the owner should test the damn plants before he puts them out there

Coconutz

Veteran
Hi there.
Do you know the lineage of the seeds you bought?
Ill take a wild guess and say they came from hermie plants.
Yo while Im at it I will also throw out another guess... Your grow isnt dialed homie.
Swirl is a master geneticist holmes
Peaces

Stdane

CC - Riders on the storm(moneystorm)

CC - Riders on the storm(moneystorm)

I wouldn't say it's hermi-gear but I've also got a the odd hermie here and there in their gear,but I've also had some of the most potent stuff from CC.I'm talking about Deadhead OG,the Chem Valley Kush and Chem '91. But then again I've always bought their regular seeds.

From what I've heard their regular seeds is the named strain x SFV OG Kush F3-F5-IBL and their feminized seeds isn't the named strain crossed to itself - a S1 no its the named strain x Tahoe OG Kush reversed,dunno why they didn't selfed the strains,but then again when you look at the numbers of strains they've got,Swerve & Co. didn't want to go trough the hard work it was to self each and everyone of these strains,they took the short road and reversed a Tahoe female and pollinated all the strains with this one.

And as you say Zooty apparently they've forgot to test them all,but hey maybe there wasn't time when all of a sudden the market went feminized over night,Greenhouse was the first on the wagon,look at Paradise now they all had to follow the demand.
But its not an excuse fer not testing thoroughly and secure that the strain isnt hermiprone before you release it.
What can I say; Dont buy the feminized shyte,you could end up with a whole seedfarm before you know it.

I've had more herms from CC gear than all other gear I've run combined. I'm sure there are keepers to be found if you weed through all the garbage he contaminated the genetics with.

JointOperation

its hermi genetics.. thats all.. allot of the shit breeders are using genetic wise came from bagseed.. mainly accidental hermis .. the entire chem line.. is derived from a bagseed.

i will say.. i had an unusual amount of hermis from cali connections gear.. but i also found a few keepers too.. after swerve started running his mouth an putting peoples real names on the net or telling people there identity.. THATS WHEN IT WAS A BOYCOTT FOR ME.. i do not want to see a snitch make a dime off me.

OakyJoe

OGJoe / Wiener und kein Allemann
Veteran
Long Time ago there was another Thread about the Cali Connection with alot of Pro and Contra & Lineage things...

Z

zooty

Whoever said the hermie was my fault... wrong grown fine in the same setup with other genetics no hermies in sight.

I had 818 headband and it hermied 1-2 weeks into flower, nuts on all the lower branches

Fact is cali connection is a pathetic company their whole line is hermie prone a small internet search will show you this, i'm just letting people know before they make the same mistake i did.

Z

Ziggaro

No hermies here from his gear. 4 females from a 10 pack of OSD, 1 female from 3 gifted seeds of 91 chem. A few late flower bananas but not a single seed.
None of the chem stuff is stable so it might be more sensitive than your other stuff, but it's still probably your fault!

Coconutz

Veteran
I wouldn't say it's hermi-gear but I've also got a the odd hermie here and there in their gear,but I've also had some of the most potent stuff from CC.I'm talking about Deadhead OG,the Chem Valley Kush and Chem '91. But then again I've always bought their regular seeds.

From what I've heard their regular seeds is the named strain x SFV OG Kush F3-F5-IBL and their feminized seeds isn't the named strain crossed to itself - a S1 no its the named strain x Tahoe OG Kush reversed,dunno why they didn't selfed the strains,but then again when you look at the numbers of strains they've got,Swerve & Co. didn't want to go trough the hard work it was to self each and everyone of these strains,they took the short road and reversed a Tahoe female and pollinated all the strains with this one.

And as you say Zooty apparently they've forgot to test them all,but hey maybe there wasn't time when all of a sudden the market went feminized over night,Greenhouse was the first on the wagon,look at Paradise now they all had to follow the demand.
But its not an excuse fer not testing thoroughly and secure that the strain isnt hermiprone before you release it.
What can I say; Dont buy the feminized shyte,you could end up with a whole seedfarm before you know it.

Most of the fems are S1's.
I guess he could have selfed some of the crosses to make fem versions... I dont see how CVK is Valley anything with a Tahoe instead.

Pre 98 bubba (pre98bubba S1)
Purple diesel (AJ Sour diesel x pre 98 bubba)
Corleone kush (pre98bubba x tahoe og)
La Affie (La affie S1)
Deadhead og (Chem91 x tahoe og)
Jamaican og (Tahoe og x pure Jamaican strain)
Julius Caesar (Socal master x tahoe og)
Larry og (Larry og S1 )
Raskal og (Tahoe og x Fire og)
SFV IBL (SFV bx2, outcrossed Afghani #1) ??
Chem 3 og (Chem3 x SFV IBL)
818 Headband aka sour og (Tahoe og x AJ Sour diesel)
Chem 4 og (Chem4 S1)
Tahoe og (tahoe S1)
Chem Valley Kush (Chem D x Tahoe og)
Purple Chem (Chem 91 x pre 98 bubba)
Blackwater (Blackwater S1)
Buddha tahoe og (Tahoe og x Luis XIII og)
Jamaican me crazy (Pure jamaican strain S1) ???
Ogiesel (Giesel x Tahoe og)
Original Sour diesel (AJ sour diesel x Bruce banner)

REGS

Tahoe og (Tahoe og x SFV IBL)
Chem valley kush (Chem D x SFV IBL)
California dreaming (Old sog SSH x SFV IBL)
Corleone kush (Pre 98 bubba x SFV IBL)
Blackwater (Mendo purps x SFV IBL)
Deadhead og (Chem 91 x SFV IBL)
Jedi kush (DeathStar x SFV IBL)
Julius Caesar (Socal master x SFV IBL)
Larry og (Larry og x SFV IBL)
Pre 98 bubba (pre 98 bubba bx2, outcrossed afghani #1) ??
SFV IBL (SFV bx2, outcrossed Afghani #1) ??
Raskal og (Fire og x SFV IBL)
Chem 3 og (Chem 3 x SFV IBL)
Chem 4 og (Chem 4 x SFV IBL)
Chem 4 (Reunion pheno ???) what's the parents of this one ?
818 Headband (AJ Sour diesel x SFV IBL)
Chem 91 (Chem 91 x Dedhead og chem91 dom. male)
Buddha tahoe og (Louis XIII og x SFV IBL)
Ogiesel (Giasel x SFV IBL)
Jamaican me crazy (JMC F1) ???
Original Sour diesel (AJ sour diesel x sour og)
Jamaican D (JMC x Chem D)

DJXX

Veteran
guess i am lucky....never had even one hermi out of 20 plus paks popped..the stuff has never been anything but the most awesome in the spot...and if everything you have popped from CC hermied you might look closer at your methods...or you are just an unlucky guy...believe me you will get plenty of negative comments on here...swerve is hated here...

he had some auto problems but not since 2010 i think..i am on 5 sites and never heard anyone say that every seed hermied....he supplies 20 collective all up and down the west coast plus several seed sites...he must be doing a lil something right...his Raskal OG(fire og x sfv) collaboration with OGR is one of the best girls out there...i have several moms from his beans that stand up to anything out there...dj

nice list coconutz...

DJXX

Veteran
Why didnt he ever reverse the SFV?
i just popped a pak of og bx1(sfv) that he and Capn Krip put together under Kriptonite label...i love me some sfv...he had the sfv ibl on his site....but i haven't seen them no where else..he does put em out too quick and needs them tested further...then the feedback wouldn't be so bad...i see where stdane has has some dankness and he only buys the regular beans....i only buy regs if i have the choice...that may be the difference..dj

50State

Whoever said the hermie was my fault... wrong grown fine in the same setup with other genetics no hermies in sight.

I had 818 headband and it hermied 1-2 weeks into flower, nuts on all the lower branches

Fact is cali connection is a pathetic company their whole line is hermie prone a small internet search will show you this, i'm just letting people know before they make the same mistake i did.

Are you new to growing ? What was the strain you did in the last grow the one that didn't herm ? Hermies could be your fault but if you think it's not I'd go look for light leaks just in case.
I've never seen a picture of the CC Herms lots of people talk about it but no one has photos lol. I've read forums all over and it was said that the Tahoe OG and the SFV crosses had herms problems not the entire line. Some people have found meh plants and others found keepers in his line. But better luck next time :ying:

I think that's cause usually the herms get culled rather than a photo shoot. At least in my case.

I guess you can never rule out grower error. Herms are pretty rare for me though I ain't a newbie. Just my experience with them if their stuff works for you go for it.

Seems pretty universal though if someone is selling beans with swerve's gear somewhere in the genetics the more experienced growers tend to steer away from it.

Justis

I ran there Tahoe an original disel. The Tahoe hermed super bad real early. I had clones off all of them so tried a second run in case it was my fault. But they did the same exept 1 I kept it ran it twice an I sucked must of been a shit pheno it had zero flavor ran it anther time just to be sure cause it looked good. But it was shit. The disel hermed at first also exept one ane I kept it very nice structure plant an potent but the flavor is a lot more mild compare to say my sky walker or og 18. But we keep it around. Hope this helped someone out there

DJXX

Veteran
i have buddha and 818 HB goin...now i'll be looking at them much closer...a few nanners isn't so bad but way different than a full blown hermie...where every girl part has a boy part with it...my ECSD cut still has an occasional nanner...it wouldn't the real deal cut without them,,dj

ogrerun

I would say stay away from fem seeds...get regular take the time to pick out the males and find the best females and go from there

If your on top of things yiur males wont polinate your girls and if you have no light leakes you should have some sick ass shit yo

Maybe someone is messin with ya and throwin some coloidial silver in your game

But I do know that stress makes it happen so back off of whatever your doin by half and ease into it

T

Terps

I run a couple packs of chem91 from cc, found a couple of really nice phenos one which was kinda hazey. Some plants threw a few late nanas but no full blown hermies. but this is to be expected when running ch3m or diesel genetics people should know this by now. I dont class a few late nana as being a real hermie, real hermies show what they are from the start where as late nanas is the plants way of desperately trying to reproduce before it dies.

Mikenite69

Veteran
Another thing people forget is that the cheap silver ducting is a light leak waiting to happen. If you look at the normal silver ducting it has pin holes all through it and light can easily sneak though it. My last grow I got a couple nanners on some plants and I had to step back and think about what might of caused it. Well my intake that goes into the side of my tent I was running that silver ducting and there was light getting through it and that's where exactly the nanners where on the plant. I have since went and bought light proof ducting and in 2 days I'll be at day 50 without any nanners.

That was the first time I have ever got nanners in my grow was my last run unless like what was stated a late flower nanner but that's a plants natural instinct or it could be also from taking the plant way past it harvest date.

Another thing many people over look is small lights like say for example the orange light on my surge protector/timer that is enough to also cause hermies so you might want to put some tape over any small lights like that also. Also if you are growing in a tent those damn things come from the factory with light leaks so you have to make sure to cover all the stitching up around seems and zippers and everything else.