What's new

Bubblebag help needed ASAP....

Jason Born

Hey all,
Ran my first batch of trim through the bags last night, and it went pretty good. Here is where I think I went wrong though. I put all the different grades of hash on the "pressing" screen, where I thought all the hash could dry. Well, this morning I go to get it off the screen, and it's stickier than shiznit on there. Am I totally screwed as far as getting the hash off? I thought of maybe freezing the screen to get it off? What is the proper procedure? To press the hash, then immediately remove from screen? I also put some hash directly on cardboard, without using the screen, and even that seems really hard to remove...

Also, what is the best way to clean the bags? Anyways, thanks for the help. The hash looks really dank, it's just that I can't get it off... :fsu: :bat:

Jason :joint:

crumble

crumble

yes, you should remove from the screen after gently squeezing the water out. Then crumble it onto the cardboard to dry it in a dark, well ventilated place. The better you crumble it, the better it will dry.

Another method, is just stick it in the freezer. The water will crystalize on the outside of the hash. Just brush it off after it forms. You can just keep it in the freezer until you use it all up. Guaranteed not to mold this way.

You should always clean the bags and the screen with cold water, right after use. Anything stuck to the screen is worth saving too. Try scraping with a dull knife, or folding the screen to separate the dried resin from the screen. Freezing works too.

When all else fails, clean the bags or screens with alcohol.

Last edited:
G

Don't press the hash in the pressing screen. Gently push to get some water out then take the cake and crumble it on some cardboard.

Jason Born

Thanks guys...I've got the screen in the freezer right now, hopefully I'll be able to get most of it off, and salvage the screen. I'll get some shots of the hash up once I get it off the screen...

Wacky Tobacky

also i have heard that you must make sure that it is completly dry before pressing it because the moisture will cause it to mold from the insode out.

Keefhead

Yep, just freeze it and off it comes.

And if you really have to . . . denatured alcohol will clean the screens, at the loss of all the hash on them. Ooohh, bad.

What I do, and it works well for me, is to take a paper towel - fold it twice till its about 4" on a side. Put the stuff right out of the bubblebag into the middle of the paper towel, wrap the paper towel around it, and *squeeze*. Out comes the water. Sometimes I have to do it twice with a dry paper towel. Right away I put it through a kitchen sieve onto a piece of cardboard in my drying area.

When its dry I press it in a Piecemaker press, and I have the neatest little "poker chips", dried and pressed hash, excellent for storage or use. At least, that's what works for me.

G

Guest 10952

Yeh freeze it and it should break off from the screen. Happened to me acouple times. Good luck mate.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
to get the hash off your pressing screen first the freezer, then what ever doesn't come off just get a bucket of ice cold water and wash your screen in that. the hash will come off into the water, then you just pour the water through the 25 u bag and you have recolected all the trichs from the pressing screen.

when it comes to the bag, its imperative that one rinses them out with cold water right after uesing them, this way they will stay like new.

the pressing screen is idealy used only gently, just squeeze enough to get the water out, then crumble the chunk into a paper plate so it can dry properly. if you get it just right the crumbs will not stick to the plate and will come off easy.

i bid you good hash makeings.....

Latest posts

Latest posts