What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

? Simple and Cheap ways to make hash ?

G

I was wondering what was the best choice for me to get the most of my harvest.

I wont have much trim and popcorn, maybe a couple ozs.

Would BHO, ISO, SIFT.....and so on be better then others..

I thinking QW ISO, since it seems you get the most ffrom you trim.. Am I correct?

Though the iso not competely evaporating , makes me uneasy.

I like the idea of the homemade ICE hash....Can anyone give links of a how to of making ice hash with out bags and such?

Im more interested in the ICE hash, but cnat really find much info. except on bubble bags.

any thought and ideas would be nice. I dont care if I only get a few grams, that will still be 2 grams of the greatest hash I will ever get to smoke... :joint:

*edit -Sorry, now that I look around there seems to be a lot of threads on this topic , yet I still dont see any how tos really........

Last edited:

glasspackedbowl

Medical Test grower. Inquire within...
Veteran
well they have single bubble replacement bags. That are like 29.99$ buy 2 and make ice hash for$70 and then you'll have them for future use. :woohoo:

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
if you really want to be a cheapskate, lol then you could use a normal bed sheet as a hash catching screen. first fill a bucket with ice then add water and the trim all together. the water should be thick with ice. now use a cake mixer to mix the ice, trim, water for 15 minutes. then you pour the bucket into another bucket through a brewers net. this will catch all the ice and leaf mater. you'll be left with a bucket of cold water with trichomes in it. if you then gently pour the water through a bed sheet your trichomes will all colect on the sheet while the water drains through. do at least 2 runs with your trim. you will only get 1 quality of hash per run but it should still be prety special.

G

thanks guys!

GPB - hows the quility if I was to only use 2 bags.....? I thought of picking up a few and using that. ??well see

gaiusmarius - thanks a lot! I like that idea. thats kinda what I was looking for. What if I was to use a screen of some sort instead of bed sheet. Is the quitlity nice with the bed sheet? does a lot of stuff get caught up in it that Id want to be smoking lol ?

glasspackedbowl

Veteran
look for silk screen. Thats essencially what the bubble bag bottoms are made of(well its nylon but they do same job). Silk screen is used to print Tee-shirts. Any arts & crafts or fabric store should carrie this.

glasspackedbowl

Veteran
it comes in different micro sizes for more detailed printing. see it works by blockin holes then you add the paint (brush or roll I dont know) when you pull off screen you take another one with different covered hole and use the next color. So at the end theres a colored pic on the shirt. :wave:

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
if you didnt use any screens, could you just pull the leaf material out of the bucket with your hands and evapourate the water off? I know I know, but I was just thinking.

glasspackedbowl

Veteran
I have never used bubble bags. But dont think using 2 or 3 would be too bad. You can use what ever micro sized screens you want.

Tunefull

WEll my way is pretty cheap
And from a bag of trim to rolling a joint of pressed hash is like 30 mins)
Last time i done some(pics in gallery)I used about 2 plants worth of trim(Just leaves)
And after i had Done my thing i had about 5 grams of block)

Tho i wll say from the go,It is probs not the best method(but it suited me)

I just use a plain household seive and two china plates(lol i can hear the great hash gods turning in there grave as i type this)*smileS*

Ok i seive some trim over one plate
Put some trim in.Rough it up a bit
Obviously a load of leaf matter goes thru the holes aswell as Kiff.

So the plate under my sive has loads of Kiff but just asmuch green matter....
So i life this plate up,And place my 2nd plate on table.
And with a sharp hit,I knock the edge of the plate with stuff on(I am holding it on its side)Onto the plate laying flat on my table(if u follow)

Anyway bottom line,The Kiff sticks to the first plate(and the leaf matter falls onto the 2nd plate(The one that is flat on the table)

Then the plate i am holding(which has the kiff stuck to it)I just wipe it onto a bit of paper/plate or somit to keep it safe as i add to it as i go along(By repeating the above steps with all my trim)

This usually takes about 15 mins

Then the cooking of the kiff and making hash takes me about 15 mins(This is just as rough as my method for getting the kiff)*smiels*

Like i say,I am not saying for even a second this is the best way to do it,This is just how i do it*smielS*

POP

ok, take some/all of that "frozen" trim, stick in a large mason jar/jam jar/bucket, with ice cold water add some crushed up ice to the mix. stir/agitate for 15mins. your trics will sink while the veg or vast majority of it will stay afloat. use your common sense to retrieve the trics :yummy:

Last edited:
R

Ronley

I dont think that you even need the bags.

Do the following:
Freeze the trim, -

Put the frozen trim into a bucket and fill with water and ice.

Wait 15 min for all the trim to get properly wet.

Mix for 10 min with an electrical mixer,

Wait another 10 min, then mix again for 5 min,

strain out all the leaf trim so that the water is leaf free.
Squeeze the leaf material into the bucket, to get all the water out of it but let it drip into the bucket.

Now
LET THE BUCKET OF WATER STAND OVER NIGHT.

all the trichs - your hash will sink and settle on the bottom of the bucket .
gently pour out the water. and use this water for your plants apparently its full of good nutrients.

Scrape out all your hash from the bottom of the bucket- there will be a large amount and you will be very happy. leave this to dry out on a plate.

G

thanks everyone, Nice ideas everone too!

Tunefull- whatever works for you bro. No ones gonna harrass, thanks for the idea.

Pop, Ronely - thanks, getting a better picture on how to do this.

When you say strain...what should I use to strain the trim out of the bucket? Should I get a screen like suggested? or do you use pantyhose or something?

G

how much ISO hash would I get with about 2 ozs of buds?

im so pissed, I chopped a plant a few days ago and it hermied big time...soooo, im making hash.

Last edited: