What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Western Slope Friendly Areas?

Space Case

Veteran
Hey folks, I am hanging out on the Colorado Western Slope and looking for land for sale or rent. Been looking in the Paonia area, but also willing to go further south. Trying to stay away from Grand Junction, Delta, or Montrose, but would consider anything if its ideal. Anyone out there know anything?

StitchMonkey

Take a look at Glenwood Springs and the surrounding areas.

It may not be your cup of tea, but it really is an awesome little town. I grew up on the western slope and frankly hated it, but Glenwood is the one place that I still actually like.

Space Case

Veteran
Yea Glenwood is okay, but its Garfield county. Was trying to avoid that county, along with Mesa county.

StitchMonkey

How far is west for you? Breckenridge might be worth looking at. It is on the western side of the continental divide, but is actually much closer to Denver than it is to Grand Junction. It did have at least one recreational dispensary open on day one.

nattynattygurrl

Natalie J. Puffington
Veteran
Paonia is a great little town, (emphasis on little…some people can be cold to new comers.)
…Glenwood is a beautiful town, despite the smell.

There are also a few great little areas on each side of GJ, (Fruita, Palisade, the Redlands), you might want to at least consider checking out.

Hope to call you neighbor! :)

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
You might add Delores County to your list of no gos...
Peeps are still under the influence of these old stigmas started by Anslinger... Though... I just heard of a house that might be able to be bought, for less than the price of a new car, in the county seat.

It's a work in progress and people still have the right to grow and they exercize that right as well.