Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Grow Diaries > Cobra420's 600w Tent

Thread Title Search
Cobra420's 600w Tent Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-02-2014, 04:41 AM #1
Cobra420

Cobra420 has a spectacular aura aboutCobra420 has a spectacular aura aboutCobra420 has a spectacular aura aboutCobra420 has a spectacular aura about
Cobra420's 3 x 600w Tents

Hello and welcome to the show! I'm going to be documenting my 600w tent grow. I harvested 2 plants from it in January but have been using the tent as a drying chamber for my dual 150 cab harvests. Now that everything is jarred, I'm firing the tent up again. I have everything to set up 2 more of these, but they will get hooked up at a later time.

The tent at the moment has a 600w mh conversion bulb with 4 x 5gal self irrigated containers. The soil mix I'm running can be found in my first post of my 150 thread. I also am trying something different this round, I've decided to cut new soil 50/50 with recycled soil. This is the first time I've tried this so things may get interesting. Since this is an organic, water only mix, I think it should do great.

My last harvest in this tent was hand watered. I decided to try something with a little less maintenance in the 150 cab and it worked better than I could have imagined. So I'm going to be sticking to this for now on.

I'm also going to be doing a modular scrog to get some practice for when I order some real genetics. This grow along with what I have going in my other thread will be my first attempts at doing a scrog. It should be a fun learning experience. I have everything to make the screens, so one of these days, I'll get to the construction.

The plants are about 15" away from the light now. I'm thinking I'll let them grow into it a little more and then I'll add the screens. I can always lower the plants if need be.

6" fan turned WAY down venting the lights and a 4" fan turned WAY down venting the tent. The temps range from 60-70 degrees at the moment. Once summer time hits, it should go up a little more, but doubt it will ever reach 78. I have the 4" exhausting into the room of the tent and I have the 6" exhausting into an upstairs bedroom of the house. When warmer weather comes, it gets switched to a ventilated crawl space.

Top shot, these clones have been sitting in my mother/clone cab for quite awhile. They finally got to move into their new home.

As you can see, they are ready to EAT!

A shot of everything. When I have all the tents running, I have gotten away from moving the lights up and down since I use one fan to cool them all. So the light is mounted high and I use cinderblocks and plywood to raise them up.

Once this grow is getting close to finished, I plan on picking up some quality genetics from the Boutique. If anyone has any suggestions, I'm all ears.

Cobra420's 600w Tent
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=280971

Last edited by Cobra420; 01-19-2015 at 06:40 PM..
Cobra420 is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-09-2014, 04:13 AM #2
tronkyx

tronkyx will become famous soon enough
Great Start Cobra420,

I'm from Mexico and my english is pretty bad. So I'll be quick.

I'm wondering if your soilmix is the same all the way from top to the bottom little pot? I'm asking bcuz in the wiki tutorial I read something about to fill the little pot at the bottom with soiless mix pretty packed. Can you show or explain to me your way to do that thing?

Thanks
Tronkyx

Old 03-09-2014, 04:18 AM #3
tleaf jr.
Came up off 75w

tleaf jr. has much to be proud oftleaf jr. has much to be proud oftleaf jr. has much to be proud oftleaf jr. has much to be proud oftleaf jr. has much to be proud oftleaf jr. has much to be proud oftleaf jr. has much to be proud oftleaf jr. has much to be proud oftleaf jr. has much to be proud oftleaf jr. has much to be proud oftleaf jr. has much to be proud of
looking good i'll hang around to see this
tleaf jr. is offline Quote

Old 04-10-2014, 08:53 AM #4
Bueno Time

Bueno Time is a splendid one to beholdBueno Time is a splendid one to beholdBueno Time is a splendid one to beholdBueno Time is a splendid one to beholdBueno Time is a splendid one to beholdBueno Time is a splendid one to beholdBueno Time is a splendid one to beholdBueno Time is a splendid one to beholdBueno Time is a splendid one to beholdBueno Time is a splendid one to beholdBueno Time is a splendid one to behold
Anything to update?
Bueno Time is offline Quote

Old 04-10-2014, 09:14 AM #5
mik'

mik' will become famous soon enoughmik' will become famous soon enoughmik' will become famous soon enough
mik' is offline Quote

Old 10-31-2014, 11:57 PM #6
Cobra420

Cobra420 has a spectacular aura aboutCobra420 has a spectacular aura aboutCobra420 has a spectacular aura aboutCobra420 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by tronkyx View Post
Great Start Cobra420,

I'm from Mexico and my english is pretty bad. So I'll be quick.

I'm wondering if your soilmix is the same all the way from top to the bottom little pot? I'm asking bcuz in the wiki tutorial I read something about to fill the little pot at the bottom with soiless mix pretty packed. Can you show or explain to me your way to do that thing?

Thanks
Tronkyx
I know this is uber late, but better late than never haha. I opted against using soil in the bottom wick pot. I went with perlite instead. I felt the soil in that pot would stay too wet. So in the bottom small pot I had perlite and in the top 5gal I had my soil mix.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tleaf jr. View Post
looking good i'll hang around to see this
Thanks for stopping in, this run finished a while ago. I didn't get anymore pictures do to a living situation at the time. The plants did well. 3 of the plants we trimmed and have jarred up while the last got frozen to turn into hash.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bueno Time View Post
Anything to update?
The big picture update is on its way as soon as everything arrives, for now, here is what we have going on. Today, ordered everything needed to get this project going something FIERCE!!. At the moment, I have all 3 of my tents set up with a 600w in each. I've ordered 4 - 10g geopots for each tent (12 total), enough blumats for these 3 tents, my 150w cab, potential mother plants and anything else I may need them for, tons of organic ferts to get the 140+ gallons of soil made for this no till project and seeds out the ears haha. Hoping within the next month to have all three tents fired up and filled. Just a waiting game now. Have modscrog's for each container as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mik' View Post
Thank you for stopping in.

Now that things have settled down here, I can spend more time on the site and enjoy this hobby. Super excited!!

Stay tuned

Cobra420's 600w Tent

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-21-2014, 09:46 PM #7
Cobra420

Much needed update. All 3 tents are running now, dialing in my light fan and scrubber fan for temps and should be good to go. Soil is mixed, 14 x 10g geopots filled and 24 strains to choose from. Pics of the setup when I get a chance. Figuring out which seeds to start and hopefully starting them later today. Its been too long. Excited to get this show on the road and to run something other than bagseed.

Cobra420's 600w Tent

Old 01-17-2015, 04:55 AM #8
Cobra420

Alright, I now have all 3 of my 600w tents up and running. I have 4 Strawberry Diesel Kush in one tent, 4 Satori in another and 4 Pineapple Express x Cheese N Chaze in the last. I just finished transplanting each into their own 10g Geopot of living organic soil. Now to the pics.

Top row is 4/5 SDK
Middle row is 4/5 Satori
Bottom row is 5/5 PExCC
Hungry, but they'll take off in their new homes

4 PExCC

4 Satori

4 SDK

The plants are about 18" from the hood. I'll gradually lower the hoods closer to the plants in time. At the moment, I have the SDK under a 600w MH conversion bulb and the other two tents are running 600w HPS bulbs. Comparing the two HPS tents, the PExCC tent appears to be a LOT brighter than the Satori tent so at lights out, I'm thinking I will swap the bulb for one of my other 600w MH conversions. I plan on ordering a few more bulbs in the upcoming weeks since it's been a minute since I've swapped these bulbs out.

The other PExCC I put into one side of my 150 cabinet. Just have to hook up the blumats and it will be smooth sailing from here on out

Cobra420's 600w Tent

Old 01-22-2015, 03:19 PM #9
Cobra420

Little update.

Changed the Satori bulb to a MH and started 5 Spice of Life Blue Satellite 2.2's to fill in any open space in the tents and the cab. I can easily get a 5g container to fit in the center of the 10gals in each tent.

The rest of the parts for the Blumats have been shipped, hoping to have them in a few days and get them setup ASAP. I've done as much as I could with what I have which was hook the pressure regulator to a water source, run the feed tubing into the room, "t" off and run feeds into 2 of the tents and run the feed to the last tent. I'll get some pics of the setup once its complete.

Also, last night while watering, I determined the lights were too high for my liking. I noticed the plant in my 150cab was growing way faster than any of these plants in all 3 tents. They look great, but you can really see the size difference. Looking at the HPS distance chart, I think I know why. The 150 is within 4" of the top of the plant putting it around 45,000 ft candles. The plants in the tent are around 18" from the bulb, putting it around 13,000 ft candles. Didn't realize there was such a huge difference with distance between the bulbs. Huge difference I think. So, the plants have been raised to around 8" from the hoods giving them quite a bit more light. We'll see how they respond.

Pics to come when I get a chance.

Cobra420's 600w Tent

Old 01-25-2015, 01:44 AM #10
Cobra420

So far, no BS2.2 sprouts yet, though I think I need to have a little more patience. It's only been 6 days since putting them in soil but the PExCC started to show within 3-4 days. The SDK took quite awhile longer to show though so still hoping for the best. I'd love for them to pop up soon so they won't be too far behind.

I got word that the distribution drippers and the other parts for the Blumats will be here 1/26 so I should be able to get that all setup sometime this week. These Geopots dry out a LOT faster than regular containers so I'm thinking these plants will all enjoy a more consistent moisture in the root zone. Pics of the Blumat install and setup to come.

As for the plants, they are moving along nicely. Starting to grow faster now that I've raised them closer to the lights, the SDK are a little behind but they also took a bit longer to sprout so makes sense.

Pineapple Express x Cheese N Chaze

Satori

Strawberry Diesel Kush

Temps in the tents have been fairly low, about 70 degrees max to around 60 degrees min. I have my scrubber fan and my light fan turned down as low as possible but it doesn't help being in an unheated basement. Either way, they seem to be coming along.

They're coloring up well being in their new pots. I was going to experiment with different cuts of my soil mixes while starting seeds since these plants seemed rather hungry at transplant time. Instead of doing so though, I'm thinking about starting them in a much smaller container, it should work just as well. I'd like to have them in their new containers WELL before they show any signs of hunger. Feeling they will respond quite well with that. I'll try it out on the next seed run.

Cobra420's 600w Tent