What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

J.V's Guerilla Garden

J.V

ICMag Donor
Hey Y'all, thought I would share this years gardening effort.
The plan for now is to do two patches of green.....or thereabouts.
The first location is a spot I have been using for a few years.....
The strains grown in this patch will be
White Widow X Bagseed Sativa {Clone}
A Large Sativa X Mystery International genetics.....

The White Widow X, I received last year off a fellow grower.....
Gave me 30 late cuts.....24 were winners, and done reasonably
well, considering they suffered from a nematode infection...
The Large Sativa X Mystery,..... is some seed I was gifted from the same grower of recent.

The pics below were taken about 3 weeks ago....

Those 2 mothers got pruned back for cuts, a fair bit that week after pics were taken.

I potted up 4 of the Sativa X Mystery, into 20 gal smartpots.....
Have 5 more to fill. The rest will be going into the ground.

The 2 plants in the bottom picture are the Widow X in 30 gal smarties.....First time I have used these, so we will see how they go..
Have to go out in the early hours of the morning and drop off some cuttings to harden off over the week...as well as give the plants a taste of soluble fertiliser. Will update with pics.:)

J.V

ICMag Donor
Have just over 150 cuts here....Take them out early tomorrow

The cuttings doing there thing...:)

These are all the Widow X...

Alrighty...take some pics tomorrow.

J.V

ICMag Donor
Hi folks.....journeyed out early this morning and dropped off
the cuttings...Had only the one break....which is not to bad,
I'm content with that....Will have to move these again though,
Those cuttings will be for the second patch...Its just that patch
#1 has the cage, and is basically my nurserie...
Mind you, I cant really access the second patch just yet,...
due to a few days of rainy weather.... When the time comes I
will load cuttings and a few other things into a small box trailer
and tow with a quad, out into the scrub...Hopefully it dries out a
bit over the coming week....Don't wont to roll into the joint and cut it to bits, leaves to much sign..

Anyways, some shots from this morning....

The seedling/cuttings cage

Now in the cage

The Large Sat X'S...Tipped out twice now.
Not a lot to show, since things are still early in the game.....
Will fill the the other 5 smart pots during the week and look
at getting most of those Sat X's in the ground..:)

J.V

ICMag Donor
Hi everyone....time for an update. Been very busy over the past week, buying supplies for the grow.....spray painting rolls of
chicken wire....Finishing off my Clone/Seedling cabinet......
Transplanting plants as well as watering/fertilising....you get the drift...

Yesterday I moved all the clones to Patch #2....
I rolled into the place just on daylight and left just on dark...
A big day.. .

Before setting out...there was no room in the trailer for the two
containers that had cuttings sitting in a bed of seed raising mix.
All the other clones were in cups....So .. I strapped one container to the spare tyre on the A frame of the trailer,...and the other on the back rack of the bike...Upon arrival, the plants on the tyre were fine....the plants that were on the back rack got dished pretty bad...basically a prolonged earthquake in there little part of the world .. .

After moving all the gear...I transplanted these straight up into gallon pots...They looked really sad at first, wilting stems and leaves...But as the day wore on they come back around..

Alrighty.....introducing patch #2

Now.....I scouted this location only a few months ago....Have never grown here...So I guess that leaves a lot of variables...
The plan is to put all the clones into this patch under drip irrigation...OHH.. don't mind the tree in the middle of the patch,
it will be going just before the girls go into the ground...For the time being , it provides a little shade for the clones in the afternoon.

Yesterday,...I potted up one hundred clones...49 to go...
Gave some away and had one with no root system....
I bought plastic grow bags this time around, simply because
they are easy to transport...don't take up much room....

Yep, I'm standing at the craps table,...Shaking the dice in my hands....Getting ready to roll....Here we go...ITS SHIT OR BUST!
Fucking YEE HA!

Some supplies I had bought in a couple weeks ago.

Filling the tanks

Swamp Thang

Veteran
Nice going JV. The folks bundled up against the biting winds of winter in the northern hemisphere will enjoy seeing these pictures of lush greenery, with those fine cuts about to take root. I'm tagging this thread to follow along.

All the best, and I can see your hard work will be rewarded very well before too long.

J.V

ICMag Donor
Nice going JV. The folks bundled up against the biting winds of winter in the northern hemisphere will enjoy seeing these pictures of lush greenery, with those fine cuts about to take root. I'm tagging this thread to follow along.

All the best, and I can see your hard work will be rewarded very well before too long.

Cheers Swampthang.....Thanks for the compliment.
You can bet, I will be crossing my fingers....Touching Wood and
carrying a fucken rabbits foot in my pocket,....just to please the gods that be...

If the clones grow as well as they did last year,...they should finish between 6 to 7 feet tall...:)

dimodz

Elite StrainCloneHunter
Veteran
420giveaway
good start for that OD sesion :)

did u have water surce and pump in your spot or were u get ur water .,?

i wish u the best for that run, i cross my green fingers for u :tiphat:

thx for share u run

best vibez
D

J.V

ICMag Donor
Hey Dimodz....sup brother. I am using a petrol pump{Honda WX 10} to pump water
from a nearby creek...I took a picture,...but had to delete it...due to the fact it compromised
my security.....could see the serial number on the pump...anyways, keep those green fingers crossed. Cheers for the positive vibes.

J.V

ICMag Donor
Hi everyone....a quick update...
Ventured back out into the wilderness yesterday....Another big day on the job...Brought in more supplies....Finished potting up clones. Refilled the tanks....And had a go at setting up an automatic watering system for the pots....Never had a win.
But the day was getting late by that time..

Had this Scrub Turkey come wandering thru........just doing his thing......I have heard of people having plants scratched out of the ground by these critters...Never had the problem myself...
Last year,....I had a late night resident Bandicoot dig up a couple of my plants......The plants were put out early,...before the wet weather....So the moisture in the ground was like a magnet...

O.K...Time for a cup of coffee and a few hot ones....Peace Out.:)

J.V

ICMag Donor
Thanks Ponolovesyou....Cheers man....means a lot coming from you.

Team Microbe

Veteran
I'm pullin up a chair for this one! Great pre-season work man, this got my guerrilla blood pumpin! I'm up north so we have til June 1st to get ready... I'm gettin ancy. I like your style though, do you have an alibi for when you visit your plots yet?

It's good to think of one now instead of having to on the spot if the situation were to ever arise... I don't plant half as much as you and I still am careful as I can be. The drip system is key because it eliminates you possibly being seen watering on game came LEO's sometimes put out there. Think about investing in one yourself too, theyre a couple hundred bucks and can be the difference between cropping out or not. Especially with all that hard work invested in this grow... its going to a beauty!

Goodluck and keep crackin homie...

Ickis

Veteran
What latitude are you at? Is this a northern hemisphere spring grow? If so you are very lucky to be able to start now. You will easily finish by April 10 and be full on flowering the whole way.

J.V

ICMag Donor
Hey Ickis........I am down in the southern hemisphere....living in the land of Oz.
Right now we are just entering Autumn.....Last year I was surprised how vigorous
the growth on these plants are....At first I thought they were stretching....but they just
kept on growing...Started flowering the start of May,...and were finished by mid July.

J.V

ICMag Donor
I'm pullin up a chair for this one! Great pre-season work man, this got my guerrilla blood pumpin! I'm up north so we have til June 1st to get ready... I'm gettin ancy. I like your style though, do you have an alibi for when you visit your plots yet?

It's good to think of one now instead of having to on the spot if the situation were to ever arise... I don't plant half as much as you and I still am careful as I can be. The drip system is key because it eliminates you possibly being seen watering on game came LEO's sometimes put out there. Think about investing in one yourself too, theyre a couple hundred bucks and can be the difference between cropping out or not. Especially with all that hard work invested in this grow... its going to a beauty!

Goodluck and keep crackin homie...

Hey Team Microbe.....No doubt, things will be good for you...
I can see your chomping at the bit....keen to start.
A trail cam is a good idea.....I have procrastinated about buying
one for a while now.....I have to get one.....or maybe two...
A small price to pay.....for some comfort of mind .....Good to know who is getting around.....

If I got caught with that trailer loaded up with that gear......No
alibi would talk me out of the situation....I'm sure....But now thats
out of the way...if I was caught cruising thru the scrub, I would say I'm hunting or bike riding......Peace out..
Like Steve Jobs Says......Stay Hungry.:)

J.V

ICMag Donor
Hi everyone....Pun intended.....Here's an update from patch #1.
Admittedly....I have dragged my feet on this patch. There are still
five of the Sat X's in Gallon pots.....But I will say four of them were runts of the litter.....One showing pre flowers already.

I have culled two females that started flowering.....No room in this pack for small fast flowering plants......Not to be ungrateful, but that is not what I'm looking for.....Also one Lady Boy....Damn.

Now....in total, I have potted up eight plants into the twenty Gal smart pots.....All Sat X's. Only a couple have showed there gender....Females....No doubt some will be male. The first four plants that got potted up were super cropped a couple weeks ago, and are really starting to take shape....And take off...O.k some pics....

A couple of the Sat X's in twenty Gal Smarties.

A Fan leaf of one of the Sat X's....And the two Widow X mothers.

One of the Widow X in a thirty Gal Smart Pot.

The two Widow X mothers, are only getting back to where they were a few weeks ago...After taking all those cuttings....
The two other Widow X's in the 30 Gal smart pots are coming along steady....They were both super cropped a couple weeks ago.....I noticed last year with the late cuts, that within the patch
there were two plants that had been tipped out....The rest grown
out naturally.....The plants that were tipped did not grow or yield as well as the rest....But we shall see how these go....considering they will have a few months Veg before going into flower....
Peace out.......