What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Humboldt Seed Company

Alright, so I've gone into a little panic trying to figure out what seeds to grow this season. Last year I was lucky enough to swoop up on a bunch of ganja rebel blue dream seeds. I was able to grow them huge, and although they had allot of variance, they were incredible healthy, beautiful plants. So I drive multiple hours up to arcata to the patient resources center to buy seeds. Despite my better judgment I bought the seeds even though the samples of the finished product looked sub par. I had done allot of research on humboldt seed organization, and got pretty good reviews. Well upon further inspecting the seeds, their not from HSO, their a different company called humboldt seed company, not organization. The dispensary said they were a local company. But I've been looking online and can't find any information about the quality of their seeds, or anything. I go to their website thats on the seed package and I'm lead here. http://humboldtseedcompany.com/Testimonials.html The site seems quickly thrown together, and the testimonials didn't inspire confidence. Does anybody know anything about this company? are they reputable? ANy impact would greatly be appreciated.

Heres what a blue dream from Ganja Rebel turned into.

GanjaRebelSeeds

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Been waiting for you to post again. You started a thread last spring and then disappeared. How did you like the quality on those BD bx's, and how many or what percentage of plants had BD dominance? I'd love to hear any feedback and data you have from last years crop, yield, flavor, potency, pics, etc, if you have any info you'd like to share. Either way, I truly hope you and those around you enjoyed those seeds and the medicine they created.

HPRC should have still had some Ganja Rebel seeds in stock. Humboldt Seed co is some younger less experienced growers in my opinion. I've seen their catalog and know a little bit about their work. I would't expect any crazy vigor with their seeds. Seems they used a male called Purple Panty Dropper in most of their crosses.

By late Feb, some local Humboldt clubs should have some fresh seeds available from us.

N

newtothiscoco

just by looking at the site this sound stupid to say this at the start page at the side

“I had almost given up on my backyard grow until I tried Humboldt Seeds. No mites, no mildews, no molds. HUGE plants, and the buds are better than ever!”

like wtf . ^^

just by looking at the website it does not look professional.

but i do not know the site have never seen it

Hey guys, thanks for the reply. I'll try and dig up a pic from early on.

Here's a couple at the start of flower, one from up in a tree.

We loved the seeds, and are very grateful to have received them! They were definitely extremely vigorous. We had our first females sexed only 30 days after germination. I'd say around 75% were blue dream dominate. Even with horrible spacing (5 feet on center in the trenches, and the trenches were 8 feet on center)they yielded 5+ on average, but easily had the potential for twice that. The smoke turned out amazing. I'd say about a 7/10 on the potency, but 9.5/10 on the overall bag appeal. They also appeared to be very hardy, being able to take abuse with a watering issue we had, being put outside to early without protection, and being pound by an early storm. But through all the mistakes they rebounded strong, and continued to thrive. We would really love to be lucky enough to grow your seeds again.

GrnMtFinn

Started five of their sour blueberry seeds with a whole slurry of Barney's seeds. All the Barney's came up, the HSO seeds did not. I won't be wasting my time and money on these again. Fuckin hate California bud. VT, ME, and RI all the way.

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
Anyone tried there lemon kush? The terpene profile In there description Interests me, very high limonene and hi humulene which I havent seen in high amounts in many test results...

rolandomota

Lol wow from unknown to now their well respected they put out that Freakshow and now they are doing a bunch of regular seed including Freakshow regs awesome you can buy em in Europe right now easy USA not so easy right now they are sold out almost everywhere just internet search if you're in Europe I'm buying more from a company that splits the pack into 3 5 10 seeds I bought a full sealed pack from them last week last one I think but I also think they have more full packs just not listed only the 3 5 10 breakdown 3 for 25 for the super broke cats

Storm Shadow

Veteran
Im flowering out Lemon Kush, Mango Sherbet and Squirt in 2 weeks from now.. also just popped some Vanilla Frosting and All Gas OG

calisun

I got a mango sherbet going from hsc. It's got a lot of vigor and should be done before Oct. The little tester I tried indoors turned out great.

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
Im flowering out Lemon Kush, Mango Sherbet and Squirt in 2 weeks from now.. also just popped some Vanilla Frosting and All Gas OG

Right on keep us posted! They sell seeds in the clubs out here in cali but i cant seem to find any lemon kush. My snag a cut of they lemongrass...

Oliver Pantsoff

Veteran
20200621_160258.jpg

20200514_190317.jpg

20200514_190240.jpg

Here's some Venom OG aka Asphalt Plant aka All gas OG...I've grown this a few times, and the terps that this gives off is gassy, diesel, hash, funk, purples out all the way thru the buds, yields great, and has a nice indica high. She's never leaving my garden...Sorry for the low quality pics

OP

Lyfespan

Anyone tried there lemon kush? The terpene profile In there description Interests me, very high limonene and hi humulene which I havent seen in high amounts in many test results...

these were a really vigorous lil bastards, i grew them out last year, but couldnt get any clones to root:thank you:

midwestkid

Veteran
I will have some comments for this thread come October. My coworker decided he wanted nothing but HSC genetics this year. So we will see. We are running over 90% of their catalog. Hope to report back with pleasant news.

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
I will have some comments for this thread come October. My coworker decided he wanted nothing but HSC genetics this year. So we will see. We are running over 90% of their catalog. Hope to report back with pleasant news.

Dope! Lookin forward to seein wutcha find.

I’m running fem Squirt, Lemongrass, Magic Melon, Pineapple Upside Down Cake, Pineapple Muffin, Mango Sherbert, Purple Panty Dropper, & Slightly Stoopid Fruits.

All supposed to finish before or by Oct 5th. I’m pretty far norcal so gotta go with earlier strains. Can’t wait to see the finished product and yield. They all smell great right now and have had great vigor. I like the pheno hunting efforts that HSC does. I’ve only ran clone in the last 3 years of my outdoor growing experience except for last year when I ran 9 Pineapple Kush from Royal Queen seeds. The vigor and ease from growing those had me convinced to ditch clones and start using seed for the full terms. So far so good this year I’ve got the biggest plants I’ve ever had and they’re all super healthy. Got em in 200 gal pots and next year I’m gonna double up the soil. HSC claims to have pretty uniform bud where you can blend dif phenos in the same bag.