What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Rp's Sour kush?

moondawg

Anybody grow it or know it in some way? If price is any indicator, its some of the best stuff they got. It cost more than LA Con = damn is it more potent than La?

40shades

I grew it a couple of years back very tasty bud I had 2 phenos one diesel leaning and one more OG but a big yielding OG

Pro Headies

Veteran
They don't use aj's cut of the sour d. Which is the real one. FYI.

Thats the cut Swerve uses and his Sour Diesel isnt very good.

The RP Sour Kush has couple different phenos. The best one Ive found is exactly what you would expect from the name and genetics, shes Sour and OG kush flavored with a good potency. The taller stretchier phenos are the better ones. The short squat ones have a trashy smell on some. Theres some that have a Sour Apple smell and taste but i prefer the fuely sour og kush pheno the best.

moondawg

Thanks pro headies. Good info. I dont really care about who's cut is who's, i was more concerned with the statement in the description,

"nor overpowering or overwhelming" ......... Ive been buying seeds since 98 and every single seed i bought i was praying it would be overwhelming and terribly overpowering. Does the scross have swagg potency.?

Im hesitant to grow anything described as " not overwhelming". Especially since in 40 yrs, ive never been
overwhelmed" although i remain hopefull

Pro Headies

Veteran
Potency is good, the fresh frozen ice wax from the keeper pheno is realllly good... Not sure why RP used that in there description, overpowering or overwhelming i think they might mean it doesnt cause paranoia or anxiety. The keeper pheno that I said is Sour and OG flavored or fuely sour with slight lemon has a 60/40 sativa high.

roach

Veteran
It´s the only strain I have grown 2 times from seed, and the mother I selected is not leaving my garden anytime soon, very tasty and very nice high

some pictures of it

picture.php

picture.php

I grew Reserva Privada's SK last year next to DNA's SK. Here's my take:
While the DNA stuff was a more accurate sour kush representation as far as smell (Sour Kush has a unique "sour" smell which IMHO defines it) the RP stuff had a more diesel fuel smell, more like it's big sister, the RP OG#18. The RPSK was stronger than the DNASK, but was more "chemmy". I would opt for the RPOG#18 because it is like the RPSK in most respects only better, more yield and stronger. Stick with the DNA for a more true representation of sour kush. Hope this doesn't confuse you.

VenturaHwy

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have got one in veg right now. I really liked their OG kush, relaxing high, my type of weed. Nice picts roach.

Pro Headies

Veteran
I grew Reserva Privada's SK last year next to DNA's SK. Here's my take:
While the DNA stuff was a more accurate sour kush representation as far as smell (Sour Kush has a unique "sour" smell which IMHO defines it) the RP stuff had a more diesel fuel smell, more like it's big sister, the RP OG#18. The RPSK was stronger than the DNASK, but was more "chemmy". I would opt for the RPOG#18 because it is like the RPSK in most respects only better, more yield and stronger. Stick with the DNA for a more true representation of sour kush. Hope this doesn't confuse you.

Same Diesel used in RP and DNA Sour Kush just different kushes. RP's is OG kush and DNA's is Bubba. The OG18 that i consider the keeper is more a Skunky Chem OG with no sour. OG18 definitly isnt a bigger yielder then RP Sour Kush and the phenos in the OG18 are sorta all over the place, I also wouldnt say its stronger. OG18 is more of a indica beat you down mess you up high and the RP sour kush is more of sativa up high with some indica in there. You also cant buy the DNA version of Sour Kush anymore its been discontinued for awhile.

roach

Veteran
I have grown the OG18 too, and I didnt realy like it, there are better knock you down indicas out there and the taste wasnt that special either, the sour diesel adds a nice flavor and a imo better high, but I guess that depends on what you like

Z

Ziggaro

FYI proheadies swerves sour diesel is great. I don't know what's wrong with the ones you grew but mine were awesome.

Pro Headies

Veteran
FYI proheadies swerves sour diesel is great. I don't know what's wrong with the ones you grew but mine were awesome.

Im sure your keeper is better then what ive seen. I didnt grow the CC version but close friend did. He still runs 1 of them out of 6. They just werent sour at all and had a fruity taste to them. What was yours like Ziggaro?

A

acridlab

Reserva sour is a+ My keepers a nice one:) have some other photos in the "sour kush options" thread,,, this is my diesel leaner!! Pure goodness,, yield, flavor, potency.i had a few different phenos out of a six pack,but this one in particular, had the hardest hit by far tho,.honestly my best purchase to date when it comes to seeds..,i also keep og 18, and it's another beauty, just a low yielder,, but really sharp pine expando smoke..they r both gonna b with me for a while..
Peace

Attachments

• IMG_20130919_202433_0.jpg
    IMG_20130919_202433_0.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_20140118_190206.jpg
    IMG_20140118_190206.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_20131124_212547.jpg
    IMG_20131124_212547.jpg
    123.1 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_20131107_004325_0.jpg
    IMG_20131107_004325_0.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 9

RonSmooth

Veteran
Just planted 4 SK from RP. Most $ I've spent on seeds so far. I'd like to find a strain/pheno I can run exclusively and I wasnt finding it in the others I have tried.

A

acridlab

Just planted 4 SK from RP. Most $ I've spent on seeds so far. I'd like to find a strain/pheno I can run exclusively and I wasnt finding it in the others I have tried.

i really think u will like the sour kush.. ive popped a lotta seed in the last couple years and this one definately outshines the rest.. once u choose ur keeper and dial it in, it can be really good to u,, over a pound a light, easy.. and im not b.s'n,, its def. A grade meds.. i have a few friends that own a club in detroit and they have spent thousands looking for a good diesel, when i brought this in to smoke with em, they couldnt believe i found it in a seed pack, lol.. now they are starting to get that u can find dank in seeds, and theres no need to rely on "elite" cut holders.. 100 bucks, worth every penny..wish i could say that for all the clones ive bought.... anyhow,, my only advise is to feed low on ur seed run,, wait for ur clone runs to blast em hard with nutes.. ive seen many people over feed and stress the living crap out of theyre seed grows, then wonder why they hermie, then they trash the breeder for theyre mistakes... diesels in general are not so stable,, gotta treat them with kid gloves at first.. peace out

RonSmooth

Veteran
i really think u will like the sour kush.. ive popped a lotta seed in the last couple years and this one definately outshines the rest.. once u choose ur keeper and dial it in, it can be really good to u,, over a pound a light, easy.. and im not b.s'n,, its def. A grade meds.. i have a few friends that own a club in detroit and they have spent thousands looking for a good diesel, when i brought this in to smoke with em, they couldnt believe i found it in a seed pack, lol.. now they are starting to get that u can find dank in seeds, and theres no need to rely on "elite" cut holders.. 100 bucks, worth every penny..wish i could say that for all the clones ive bought.... anyhow,, my only advise is to feed low on ur seed run,, wait for ur clone runs to blast em hard with nutes.. ive seen many people over feed and stress the living crap out of theyre seed grows, then wonder why they hermie, then they trash the breeder for theyre mistakes... diesels in general are not so stable,, gotta treat them with kid gloves at first.. peace out

Thanks. A qualified associate told me Sour Kush was the best strain he had smoked in a long time and that I should grow that ;)

I feed at around 1.8EC. Thats everyday, and in coco. I havent had issues with 10 or so strains so far but I'll keep an eye on them.

They haven't sprouted yet. Im thinking by tomorrow they'll be poking out. I'll post pics as they progress.

A

acridlab

Your associate pointed u in a good direction, good luck pheno hunting, sir..I'll have to dig up some veg photos for u so u can compare as you go..Peace out

Latest posts

Latest posts