Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Indoor Grows - Soil > Chevy's CBD skunk haze blumatized 250W hps organic soil grow

Thread Title Search
Click for great deals at MB Ferts
Chevy's CBD skunk haze blumatized 250W hps organic soil grow Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-19-2013, 09:19 PM #1
Chevy cHaze
Joint Interest

Chevy cHaze is a glorious beacon of lightChevy cHaze is a glorious beacon of lightChevy cHaze is a glorious beacon of lightChevy cHaze is a glorious beacon of lightChevy cHaze is a glorious beacon of lightChevy cHaze is a glorious beacon of lightChevy cHaze is a glorious beacon of lightChevy cHaze is a glorious beacon of lightChevy cHaze is a glorious beacon of lightChevy cHaze is a glorious beacon of lightChevy cHaze is a glorious beacon of light
Chevy's CBD skunk haze blumatized 250W hps organic soil grow

BongJour everyone,

Got may hands on a 5pack of fem. cbd skunk haze beans and popped 3 of them a couple of weeks ago.
The start of this thread is kinda late, but I was requested to report about it after I mentioned the seedlings in my other active grow report.

Here's when they had just sprouted on nov 25th:

and here they are at 3days of age:

and here they are at day 24, now under a 250w hps and an aaw in a tent:

cbd is where it's at - 250w organic blumatized cbd skunk haze grow

super silent mode organic blumatized hans panel grow - 80gr from 65w of LEDs

"In what you say of another, apply the test of kindness, necessity and truth, and let nothing pass your lips without a 2/3 majority."

"Dope will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no dope"- Freewheelin' Franklin
Chevy cHaze is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-19-2013, 11:49 PM #2
Chevy cHaze
Joint Interest

Chevy cHaze is a glorious beacon of lightChevy cHaze is a glorious beacon of lightChevy cHaze is a glorious beacon of lightChevy cHaze is a glorious beacon of lightChevy cHaze is a glorious beacon of lightChevy cHaze is a glorious beacon of lightChevy cHaze is a glorious beacon of lightChevy cHaze is a glorious beacon of lightChevy cHaze is a glorious beacon of lightChevy cHaze is a glorious beacon of lightChevy cHaze is a glorious beacon of light
A few more details:

The ladies were topped today to get clones as well as to grow the bushier.
I'm growing these three plants only for myself for medical reasons.

They are in 3L pots in plagron royalmix that I had left over and are beeing fed alga grow fertilizer.
Each pot has a tropf blumat and they are all fed through one mainline form one rez. a few drops of drip clean added and there should be no problems. They get water through the blumats and are fed nutrients by hand every other day.

They are currently vegging under an aaw avenger medium and a gib lighting 250 hps.

cheers,

cc

"In what you say of another, apply the test of kindness, necessity and truth, and let nothing pass your lips without a 2/3 majority."

"Dope will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no dope"- Freewheelin' Franklin

Old 01-03-2014, 01:06 AM #3
Chevy cHaze
Joint Interest

Update from seed day 39/ switch to 12/12

Hi everyone,
Here's a quick update on the girls.
We are at day39 from seed and today I switched from 12/2 ( veg: 12 hours light/ 5 hours darkness/2 hours light/ 5 hours darkness) to 12/12 to initiate flowering.

the plants are looking good so far, what do you think ?

You can see some of the blumat drip lines through the foliage.
I find that the "alternative" lighting schedule of 12/2 works pretty good, the plants seem to like it.
Here's a sideways shot:

I addition to the waterproof lining at the bottom of the tent, it is lined with trays also. This way, should anything go wrong with the blumats, the water in the rez will only flood the trays, not the tent, and def. not the room.

I raised the avenger app. 10cm/ 4" and the lumatek was switched to "super lumens" (behold the super lumens!!! lol) in order to get the most out of my GIB 250W hps.
It's an extra of 10% plus aka 275W total
Nutes switched to alga bloom.
temps are at 25°C/ day and 15°C/ night. RH is at 45%.

Alright , take care everyone and next update coming soon !

cc

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-03-2014, 01:17 AM #4
Granger2

Granger2 is a splendid one to beholdGranger2 is a splendid one to beholdGranger2 is a splendid one to beholdGranger2 is a splendid one to beholdGranger2 is a splendid one to beholdGranger2 is a splendid one to beholdGranger2 is a splendid one to beholdGranger2 is a splendid one to beholdGranger2 is a splendid one to beholdGranger2 is a splendid one to beholdGranger2 is a splendid one to behold
Chevy,
They're looking good mang. I'll be quite keen on reading your smoke report. Keep the info coming. Good luck. -granger

Old 01-09-2014, 03:31 AM #5
ZIO GREEN
OUTLAW

ZIO GREEN is just really niceZIO GREEN is just really niceZIO GREEN is just really niceZIO GREEN is just really niceZIO GREEN is just really niceZIO GREEN is just really niceZIO GREEN is just really niceZIO GREEN is just really niceZIO GREEN is just really niceZIO GREEN is just really niceZIO GREEN is just really nice
Beautiful plants bro!!!
Why u do this?
"today I switched from 12/2 ( veg: 12 hours light/ 5 hours darkness/2 hours light/ 5 hours darkness) to 12/12 to initiate flowering."
This speeds up the start of flowering?
Greetings from Italy!!!
ZIO GREEN is offline Quote

Old 01-09-2014, 11:06 AM #6
Chevy cHaze
Joint Interest

Hey Zio!
Thank's for stopping by.

I do this alternative light schedule mainly to save on energy.
The lights are on 4 hours less compared to traditional 18/6, and the plants are liking it at least equally.
There are no negative signs.
It's not that the 275W( 250 bulb in overdrive/ super lumens) are getting too expensive ;-)
It's more to see what can be achieved with saving energy where it doesn't compromise performance.

I read an article about photosynthesis, and the essence of it was that the chemical reactions peak after about 4 -6 hours of light and then decrease again.
So I might even be experimenting with more unusual light schedules in the future. like shortened cycles.
There are threads about this on IC I believe

take care and stay safe

Old 01-13-2014, 09:21 PM #7
Chevy cHaze
Joint Interest

Update day 37/ flower day 8

Hi cannabis-friendly people !
Here's an update from last friday, day 37 from seed/ day 8 of flower.

I ran into some problems with my blumat watering system. The res ran dry andafter refilling it there must have been some air bubbles left inside.
A couple of blumats were not dripping therefore and caused some plants to droop quite a bit.
I have a dead end of main feed line at the end, where I haven't had a blumat installed yet, I figure that's why the blumats didn't let out the bubbles through the drippers themselves as they usually do.
I had to take apart the whole system to fix this, luckily I came back in time to fix this, some pots had already dried out pretty much.
While I was at it, I thought I'd document it for you guys as this thread needs some material anyways

Before you can readjust the blumats, the medium needs to be really well watered, this kind of sets the wet end of the scale. I removed the blumats to water the soil, after that you can re-insert them into their respective holes again, no problem. Just add some water around the carrots after they sit in there tightly again .

The most important thing about blumats is, that they should be screwed back together under water to make sure there absolutely no air bubbles in the carrots.

To work on the drippers while the res is still attached and water could be flowing, just use a document clip to temporarily shut off a feedline

to permanently shut down lines, just use the caps from blumat:

Old 01-13-2014, 09:30 PM #8
Chevy cHaze
Joint Interest

Update day 37/ flower day 8

Anyone ever had problems with blumat dripper lines touching the soil and roots growing into them ?
Just split the tip of
a piece of zip tie for a dripper line post:

here are the ladies, you can also see the feed lines:

No signs of flowerinf yet....

Old 01-13-2014, 09:35 PM #9
Chevy cHaze
Joint Interest

I got some Jack flash cuts in the same tent, one had veg time, the other one barely any. You can almost not see it behind the bigger one.

Old 01-13-2014, 09:45 PM #10
Chevy cHaze
Joint Interest

Thought I'd show you my super silent setup here:

I ran out of the large metal duct fasteners, so I had to do it with zip ties (temporarily). The by far loudest component is the fan in the upper right corner running on level 1.
The 240qbm fan is wrapped in a pu mat., I used sonodec ducting only and the exhaust air also passes a 60cm silencer. The ducting out of the tent is a 160mm in diameter aka one size too big ( better silencing).