What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Chevy's CBD skunk haze blumatized 250W hps organic soil grow

Chevy cHaze

Out Of Dankness Cometh Light
ICMag Donor
Veteran
BongJour everyone,

Got may hands on a 5pack of fem. cbd skunk haze beans and popped 3 of them a couple of weeks ago.
The start of this thread is kinda late, but I was requested to report about it after I mentioned the seedlings in my other active grow report.

Here's when they had just sprouted on nov 25th:

picture.php

and here they are at 3days of age:

picture.php

and here they are at day 24, now under a 250w hps and an aaw in a tent:

picture.php

Chevy cHaze

ICMag Donor
Veteran
A few more details:

The ladies were topped today to get clones as well as to grow the bushier.
I'm growing these three plants only for myself for medical reasons.

They are in 3L pots in plagron royalmix that I had left over and are beeing fed alga grow fertilizer.
Each pot has a tropf blumat and they are all fed through one mainline form one rez. a few drops of drip clean added and there should be no problems. They get water through the blumats and are fed nutrients by hand every other day.

They are currently vegging under an aaw avenger medium and a gib lighting 250 hps.

cheers,

cc

Chevy cHaze

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Update from seed day 39/ switch to 12/12

Update from seed day 39/ switch to 12/12

Hi everyone,
Here's a quick update on the girls.
We are at day39 from seed and today I switched from 12/2 ( veg: 12 hours light/ 5 hours darkness/2 hours light/ 5 hours darkness) to 12/12 to initiate flowering.

the plants are looking good so far, what do you think ?

picture.php

You can see some of the blumat drip lines through the foliage.
I find that the "alternative" lighting schedule of 12/2 works pretty good, the plants seem to like it.
Here's a sideways shot:

picture.php

I addition to the waterproof lining at the bottom of the tent, it is lined with trays also. This way, should anything go wrong with the blumats, the water in the rez will only flood the trays, not the tent, and def. not the room.

I raised the avenger app. 10cm/ 4" and the lumatek was switched to "super lumens" (behold the super lumens!!! lol) in order to get the most out of my GIB 250W hps.
It's an extra of 10% plus aka 275W total
Nutes switched to alga bloom.
temps are at 25°C/ day and 15°C/ night. RH is at 45%.

Alright , take care everyone and next update coming soon !

cc

Granger2

Veteran
Chevy,
They're looking good mang. I'll be quite keen on reading your smoke report. Keep the info coming. Good luck. -granger

ZIO GREEN

OUTLAW
Veteran
Beautiful plants bro!!!
Why u do this?
"today I switched from 12/2 ( veg: 12 hours light/ 5 hours darkness/2 hours light/ 5 hours darkness) to 12/12 to initiate flowering."
This speeds up the start of flowering?
Greetings from Italy!!!

Chevy cHaze

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey Zio!
Thank's for stopping by.

I do this alternative light schedule mainly to save on energy.
The lights are on 4 hours less compared to traditional 18/6, and the plants are liking it at least equally.
There are no negative signs.
It's not that the 275W( 250 bulb in overdrive/ super lumens) are getting too expensive ;-)
It's more to see what can be achieved with saving energy where it doesn't compromise performance.

I read an article about photosynthesis, and the essence of it was that the chemical reactions peak after about 4 -6 hours of light and then decrease again.
So I might even be experimenting with more unusual light schedules in the future. like shortened cycles.
There are threads about this on IC I believe

take care and stay safe

Chevy cHaze

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Update day 37/ flower day 8

Hi cannabis-friendly people !
Here's an update from last friday, day 37 from seed/ day 8 of flower.

I ran into some problems with my blumat watering system. The res ran dry andafter refilling it there must have been some air bubbles left inside.
A couple of blumats were not dripping therefore and caused some plants to droop quite a bit.
I have a dead end of main feed line at the end, where I haven't had a blumat installed yet, I figure that's why the blumats didn't let out the bubbles through the drippers themselves as they usually do.
I had to take apart the whole system to fix this, luckily I came back in time to fix this, some pots had already dried out pretty much.
While I was at it, I thought I'd document it for you guys as this thread needs some material anyways [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
smile.gif

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Before you can readjust the blumats, the medium needs to be rea[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]lly well watered, this kind of sets the wet end of the scale[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]. [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I removed the [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]blumats to water the soil, after that you can re[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]-insert them [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]into the[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]ir respective holes again, no pr[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]oblem. Just add some water around the carrots after they sit in there tightly again .

picture.php

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The most important[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] thing about b[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]lumats is, th[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]at they should[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] be [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]screwed back together [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]under water to make sure there absolutely no air bu[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]bbles i[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]n the carrots.

picture.php

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]To work on the drippers while the res is still attached and water could be flowing, just use [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]a d[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]ocument clip to tem[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]porarily shut off a feed[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]line

picture.php

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]to permanent[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]ly shut dow[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]n lines, just use the caps from blumat:

picture.php

[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

Chevy cHaze

ICMag Donor
Veteran

Anyone ever had problems with blumat dripper lines touching the soil and roots growing into them ?
Just split the tip of
a piece of zip tie for a dripper line post:

picture.php

picture.php

here are the ladies, you can also see the feed lines:

picture.php

No signs of flowerinf yet....

picture.php

Chevy cHaze

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I got some Jack flash cuts in the same tent, one had veg time, the other one barely any. You can almost not see it behind the bigger one.

picture.php

Chevy cHaze

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thought I'd show you my super silent setup here:

picture.php

I ran out of the large metal duct fasteners, so I had to do it with zip ties (temporarily). The by far loudest component is the fan in the upper right corner running on level 1.
The 240qbm fan is wrapped in a pu mat., I used sonodec ducting only and the exhaust air also passes a 60cm silencer. The ducting out of the tent is a 160mm in diameter aka one size too big ( better silencing).

Chevy cHaze

ICMag Donor
Veteran
In time I took some clones, that have now rooted and will become bonsai moms. the blumat line is already in place for them.

picture.php

Chevy cHaze

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Updated day 53/day 15 of flowering

Updated day 53/day 15 of flowering

Hey good people,
Here's a quick update on the CBDSH girls.
We're at day 53 from seed and at day 15 of flowering.

picture.php

flowering is visibly starting now. they got pretty bushy, what do you think?

Here's a closeup:

picture.php

The gang looks healthy and no signs of any pests so far. The AAW has been raised another 10cm/ 4" and they are on a 11/13 light schedule now. I also changed the setting of the AAW from narrow to the wide preset. I will further deacrease the hours of day slowly towards harvest (probably down to 9 or 8 hours of light by the end).
rh has gone up a bit due to the bigger plants, we're at around 50% right now.

That's it for today, more very soon!
Stay safe everyone !

cc

southflorida

lives on planet 4:20
Veteran
looking really good in here Chevy cHaze.

guess between the small led and this small hid your going to cover all your personal needs with no problem.

:tiphat:

Chevy cHaze

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yeah southflorida, that's the plan.
The cabinet will make for a good veg chamber before the ladies are moved under the 250hps to flower out in the future and the little fluoro compartment is just big enough for a couple bonsai moms and and a propagator for cuts to root in.
I hope I'll find some keepers in my 6 ladies!

cheers

cc

Chevy cHaze

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Here's shot of today,
I defoliated the biggest shoots of the biggest of the three plants.
I have had good experiences with this technique in the past.
She was getting to tall due to stretch and this will stop her from getting taller while the other plants and shoots catch up. I usually only do this in my little cab, but I'm slowly running out of headroom in the tent, so it had to be done.

picture.php

See you soon, take care and stay safe!

Chevy cHaze

ICMag Donor
Veteran
update day 58/ 21st day of flower

update day 58/ 21st day of flower

What's up gang,
here's a little update of day 58/ 21st day of flower.
I gradually defoliated the ladies, a few leaves every day. I only took the really big fans, the rest remains intact.
It's still quite a difference to before, as you will notice when you compare the last pics.
My light source is not the most powerful and stationary, so defoliating to some extent is necessary imo, to get some light to the lower parts& budsites of the shoots.

The girls are doing good and are putting out a good amount of pistils.
Although they stretched a good bit, this phase seems to be over now, no more verical growth over the last days.
see for yourself:

picture.php

The tent got it's own reservoir today, as I keep running into problems with the water supply and the rez running empty in just 2 days.
The blumats work, but the girls in my cab AND the tent ( which were on the same line) are just too thirsty for the relatively small 20L (app. 5gal) rez.
rh is at 60%, a bit too much for my taste. temps are at 23°C(61f) day and 16°C(74f) night.
Nutes are still alga bloom, but I have to say I added some drops of hesi super vit which the girls seem to like a lot as they are now looking more vigourous. I figured they could use a bit of extra care to deal with the defoliation too.

Here's a shot of the jackflash cuts in the same tent/ different catch tray. they're on the same diet of nutes.

picture.php

These are cuts of the jackflashes in my little cab. the one in the back took forever to root and was off to a generally bad start and got left behind by it's sister( She's hard to spot in the back).
I installed the spreader into the AAW so the plants on the sides, like the JFs, get some more light. Looks like that little thing is doing it's job, you can see the areas are brighter now.

That's it for today folks,
take care &stay safe, peace out to all of you facing prosecution wherever you are growing your own healthy meds. You're doing the right thing.

Chevy cHaze

ICMag Donor
Veteran
update day 60/ 23rd of flower

update day 60/ 23rd of flower

Yeah I know it's only been two days, butI had the camera with me[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif].[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Here we are at day 60 and the 23rd of flow[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]ering.
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]the CBDSH la[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]dies:

picture.php

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]closeup:

picture.php

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]jackflash[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]:

picture.php

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]the little one is really small and in the [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]back of the image...

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]a closeup of [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]the big one:

picture.php

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I left most o[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]f the leaves on the jf plant as it did[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]n't stre[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]tch as crazy as[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] the cbdsh.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]And here are the tomatoes aka toweedoes, I just pollinated them be[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]tween each other (2 plants)[/FONT]:

picture.php

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]all good so far, til the next update [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]stay safe and [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]grow on[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] ![/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]

[/FONT]
[/FONT]

Chevy cHaze

ICMag Donor
Veteran
update day65/ 28th of flower

update day65/ 28th of flower

Bong Jour CBD aficionados,
here's the next update.
day65 from seed/ 28th of flower.
so far all is good, no problems except it's getting tight in therre hahaha.
I have to snap some pics while lights out next time, please excuse the all too bright images...

here are the cbdsh girls

picture.php

closeup:

picture.php

and here are the Jackflashs:

biggie:
picture.php

and slowie:
picture.php

She has a structure that's quite different from her sister much more on the sativa side of things.
Even when you take into consideration that she took forever to root and is far behind her now much bigger sister, biggie never looked like this.

and here's a closeup of biggie:
picture.php

rh is at around 40% and temps are slighty lower than before: day 22C/ night 15C

That's already it for today,

take care and keep g(r)oin' folks

cc