What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Prelude... To A Come Up

5th

Veteran
Howdy, :tiphat:

Disclaimer: I'm impatient, wanted to wait until I had my mom pool sorted out. Instead this thread is going to be documenting my mother selection. I am not a medical patient, and I am sure to fuck not complacent with any bullshit laws. (also so I get off my ass n' finish my cab)

prel·ude
ˈprelˌ(y)o͞od,ˈprāˌl(y)o͞od/Submit
noun
an action or event serving as an introduction to something more important

Breakdown/Mission Statement

If there is such thing as Karma...her n' I are square now. I've no regrets. I just pick myself up n' start walking again...always do.

When you see my new cab your gonna think "hey that fucking guy is doing what I'm doing".... You'd be correct. I can't drop names because I got it from all of you. Light pattern...filtration...its all taken from all of you that decided to give to this great IC community.

So shall we?

I'll be running Med Man Brand genetics. I'm still smoking on my Rock Star Kush (MMB) from my OD grow matter o' fact.(Amphitheater 2013)

I soaked 10 beans, 10/10 germination rate. Two didn't pop the surface of the soil. One had trouble....so I "helped" it by pulling the seed shell off and tore the damn thing in half...so we have...7 1/2 seedlings. (scrawny one on the far left is the 1/2 plant)

Unless I'm mixing my soil with a skid steer and backhoe I'm fuckin' useless....I see a fruit fly and lose my fucking mind. All grown out clones in the new cab will be done in Hempy's. That being said...suggestions obviously are always welcome...unless your suggestion is Organic Soil or Coir....fuck that.
I'm too stupid to mix proper ratios of bat shit and ...seaweed or wtf ever ...crushed sea shells...and the too much or too lil' water...DTW....not possible where I am at the moment.

picture.php

(day 16)

When the cab is done I'll flower some clones to determine sex. I'll keep flowering those clones out to find the pheno with the smell, taste, flowering time, and bud structure I'm lookin' for.

And if nothing makes the cut....I'll start again.

It's good to be back :tiphat:

Last edited:

sgapetti

Veteran
tagged , very interesting, i am going the same way as soon as i am done pollen cucking

Peace S

Last edited:
O

otis33

if not organic soil or coir, then which medium will you be using?

5th

Veteran
Hey sgapetti, I'm doing this in a vert CFL cab. As soon as I find the plant I want I'll be using my box for pollen chucking some AF's seeds for my 2014 OD.

I'll be using 3 parts of perlite to every 1 part of vermiculite in 1.75L square containers for my medium/container otis. Unless something else comes to mind.

5th

Veteran
Alot of you guys are like me... we see shit in our daily routines...and think "bet I could grow weed in that"...this is one of those story's...

Watching the hockey game at my drinking buddy's place last night. He catches me looking at this cabinet of his. "You want it?" "Wifes getting a new livingroom set for x-mas".

"Fuck yeah" I sez.

Now this is where it gets interesting...or so I think anyways..
This sonsabitch is ridiculously over built.

picture.php

Its made to hold a fish tank...which I'm told I can also pick up anytime I want. Since the extent of my fish knowledge is primarily catching/filleting/cooking them...he gave me this to learn with. It's not the full size one that goes on the cab...but it'll be interesting.

picture.php

I don't know what size it is...or if all the parts are there so I'm gonna start googling that shit.

So back to this new cab...

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Outer dimensions are 4ft.Wx18"Dx30"H

...'nuff typing...I gotta get to work on this thing.

touchofgrey

I had to laugh... I always see stuff and think 'I could grow weed in that'. Good luck with the cabinet build.

UncleCrab

I've been thinking of converting an aquarium stand into a grow box for a while now, and am watching this build with interest. Having a working aquarium in top of a grow box is such a great idea on the stealth grow level, as to the casual observer, any unsual sounds, smells, dampness, etc. will be chalked up to the fish tank, not to mention its ability to account for any power cords, water tubing, air lines, and timers running into and out of the box. Good luck in the build and grow- looks like the box is the perfect size for a decent yielding hide-in-plain-sight stealth grow.

5th

Veteran
I lost my damn jigsaw in the move...trying to do the impossible with a hole saw lol. Should be done by tomorrow. And of course pics to follow. :tiphat:

A

AlterEgo860

good luck man.. id say a few plants.. train them to grow across the box.. or.. sog that bitch.. flipping clones super early.

5th

Veteran
sog that bitch.. flipping clones super early.

You got it. I can only fit 15 of those Fruitopia cartons in there so I'm thinking of switching containers to 1L tetra juice cartons.

Gonna cut clones off the 8 plants I have on Jan. 1st. Flower 'em out to determine sex. Cull males, SOG females to find the pheno I want, thin the heard...then get down ta business.

blynx

WALSTIB
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm jealous, I want that cab! :p Looking forward to seeing the end results.

I'll be running Med Man Brand genetics. I'm still smoking on my Rock Star Kush (MMB) from my OD grow matter o' fact.(insert link when you figure out how to do that...you know...with the writing so it looks cool)

If you want to link words in your post, select/highlight the words you want to link, and click the 'insert link' button (
createlink.gif
). After clicking the button a small dialog pops up asking for the url, enter it and click ok. Your selected words should now have a link connected to them.

5th

Veteran
Gentlemen, good to see ya's.

Hush I was gonna ask ya when you were gonna update...but I see you did. As soon as I realized it was Saturday, I broke the fuck out n' headed to the pub instead of hanging out on here lol

Thanks blynx. I'll refer to this thread when I forget again. :tiphat:

You got it wild. Half of the left side will be fans, filters, timers n' shit. Under that will be a bonsai mom and clones. Flower on the right in what I hope is a perpetual SOG.

So yeah...wanted to finish the cab today... But since I couldn't even open the fridge without wearing sun glasses I decided to cure my hangover with cold beer...which makes me less productive then I already am.

Theres a plus side to my procrastination however...
picture.php

I got the primer on before heading out last night...and today I went n' got my reflectix and jigsaw....game on!

I still need to get some ducting for my scrubber/exhaust...but other then that ....it's go time. :tiphat:

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
Yeah man I kept my gardens going, but life had me too busy to spend any time online. Finally things settled down for me... Just in time for the holidays! I'll be harvesting my Silver LA in a week.

I see you have been staying busy! It's always good to see what you are up to my man. :tiphat: