Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Growroom Designs & Equipment > Indoor mmj in process

Thread Title Search
Click to visit Original Seed Store for great Cannabis genetics
Indoor mmj in process Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-07-2013, 05:41 AM #1
McKush
Éirinn go Brách

McKush is a name known to allMcKush is a name known to allMcKush is a name known to allMcKush is a name known to allMcKush is a name known to allMcKush is a name known to allMcKush is a name known to allMcKush is a name known to allMcKush is a name known to allMcKush is a name known to allMcKush is a name known to all
Indoor mmj in process

Moved from the Coco subforum as the thread is more room build oriented rather than grow medium focused.

overview
Indoor mmj setup for two patients myself and my father. All about creating the best medicines possible with self reliance and medicinal quality and purity as goals.

Coco coir growth medium (maybe some hydroton too) and DTW.

flower room will be dedicated, sealed, and most likely finished with cement board and white tile for easy clean up and sterialization.

I am roughing in the FR now and will have at least 5'x6'x10' or 300 cu feet, 30 sq. ft. will probably grow a smaller area than that thp 4x4 most likely.

lighting for FR is ePapillion 1000W Pro with the awesome Philips DE bulb. will be vegging with the dPap 315W fixture I think.

plan to veg with the veg bulb in the dPap, switch to the dPap with Greenpower Philips bulb, then into the FR for a 600W to 1150W bloom time!

i want the philips de bulb so im excavating to 10' min ceiling. will insulate and seal the room.

FR and veg space is in a small attached shed being remodeled into a studio for my music. So on top of this all i am soundproofing the space as well.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Update 20140121 - Several changes have been made to the room before the design was finalized. I am no longer going to have a large veggie
space. Veggie Room (VR) will be a small closet 18"Wx48"Lx27"H this is going to be underneath the "ledge". The Ledge was old VR space now
given to the FR to make the FR 5'Wx6'Lx10'H this is known as the "pit" and also a section on the "ledge". The Ledge is 3'Wx5'Lx7.8'H.
I won't be using a Dpap anymore, that was abandoned when I reconfigured to current dimensions to get a better W/sqft.

Sooo FR is really more like 5'Wx9'L with two heights 10' and 7.8'. I will be able to remove a section of the floor to make and even deeper FR too.

Last edited by McKush; 01-21-2014 at 05:25 PM.. Reason: Finalize Room Dimensions and Design
McKush is offline Quote

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-07-2013, 07:28 AM #2
DrySiftWizard
Banned

DrySiftWizard is just really niceDrySiftWizard is just really niceDrySiftWizard is just really niceDrySiftWizard is just really niceDrySiftWizard is just really niceDrySiftWizard is just really niceDrySiftWizard is just really niceDrySiftWizard is just really niceDrySiftWizard is just really nice
Quality and purity are words I like to hear, friend.

This can be made using the dry sift technique I shared on this forum. It's in the hashish sub, here:

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=269179

As I already replied via PM, you are more than welcome to pick my brain if you'd like.

I have been through the progression from 2, 4, 6, etc.. up to 16+ lights and everything in between and everything involved. People completely underestimate how much these 1kw bulbs can heat up when you start to add a bunch of them and don't have enough air moving through the room. If you are cooling your hoods that is one thing.. but a lot of people do not, and it makes me sick to my stomach when I see it.

Fried babies = no bueno. The cooler the temps on the surface the closer you can get your lights. The closer you can get your lights the better your product is going to end up. Bud density is basically directly related to light intensity. You can make fluffy strains.. not fluffy.. if you do it right.

If you run too much light and not enough oxygen you will starve your plants. You won't notice it by eye unless you've seen rooms done otherwise.

They will metabolize as much as they can given the oxygen and the light. Not enough of one or the other and you're just spinning your wheels.

Need to balance it out, have an equal pressure in your rooms, i.e. no negative pressure, or positive so it won't smell.. etc.

Lots of people don't figure it out for quite a while. Skip all that and do it right the first damn time.
DrySiftWizard is offline Quote

Old 12-07-2013, 02:29 PM #3
McKush
Éirinn go Brách

McKush is a name known to allMcKush is a name known to allMcKush is a name known to allMcKush is a name known to allMcKush is a name known to allMcKush is a name known to allMcKush is a name known to allMcKush is a name known to allMcKush is a name known to allMcKush is a name known to allMcKush is a name known to all
Beauty first pic Dry. What is she?
McKush is offline Quote

Old 12-07-2013, 07:00 PM #4
the gnome

the gnome has much to be proud ofthe gnome has much to be proud ofthe gnome has much to be proud ofthe gnome has much to be proud ofthe gnome has much to be proud ofthe gnome has much to be proud ofthe gnome has much to be proud ofthe gnome has much to be proud ofthe gnome has much to be proud ofthe gnome has much to be proud ofthe gnome has much to be proud of
go for it mckush!
we talked about it, I love it(and envious) your going with the tile
i know your not at this point yet but look into prodex insulation.

Prodex Difference: Energy Star Qualified : ICC-ES Recognized : R 16 unaffected by humidity : Prevents condensation : Prevents 97% of radiant heat transfer : Vapor barrier : Core sealed on both 175' side with flange : Elastic : 19dba contact noise reduction : 90 degree celsius (194 fahrenheit) contact temperature rating : UV resistance : Does not promote mold or mildew : Does not provide for nesting of rodents, bugs or birds : Seals around nails (no leak) : Reflective aluminum foil on each side of 5mm (13/64) closed-cell polyethylene foam center : Keeps its shape over time (doesn't collapse) : Rippled surface increases airflow : Member of US Green Building Council - Made with 100% recyclable virgin raw materials .

Old 12-07-2013, 10:45 PM #5
DrySiftWizard
Banned

DrySiftWizard is just really niceDrySiftWizard is just really niceDrySiftWizard is just really niceDrySiftWizard is just really niceDrySiftWizard is just really niceDrySiftWizard is just really niceDrySiftWizard is just really niceDrySiftWizard is just really niceDrySiftWizard is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by McKush View Post
Beauty first pic Dry. What is she?
That was a Purple Kush clone from down in Oakland (3rd floor).

Never had any issues with it.. always great product. Little pricey, but eh.
DrySiftWizard is offline Quote

Old 12-09-2013, 06:53 PM #6
McKush
Éirinn go Brách

Quote:
Originally Posted by the gnome View Post
go for it mckush!
we talked about it, I love it(and envious) your going with the tile
i know your not at this point yet but look into prodex insulation.

Prodex Difference: Energy Star Qualified : ICC-ES Recognized : R 16 unaffected by humidity : Prevents condensation : Prevents 97% of radiant heat transfer : Vapor barrier : Core sealed on both 175' side with flange : Elastic : 19dba contact noise reduction : 90 degree celsius (194 fahrenheit) contact temperature rating : UV resistance : Does not promote mold or mildew : Does not provide for nesting of rodents, bugs or birds : Seals around nails (no leak) : Reflective aluminum foil on each side of 5mm (13/64) closed-cell polyethylene foam center : Keeps its shape over time (doesn't collapse) : Rippled surface increases airflow : Member of US Green Building Council - Made with 100% recyclable virgin raw materials .

*** i know your not at this point yet but look into prodex insulation. ***

Heya Gnome - dude, I am at that point! Got to do a building supply run in a bit and I'll check. Otherwise I'm prolly going with 2" blue styrafoam insulation and tons of fiberglass insulation.

hehe been woodchukin' it like a deranged mole. Dig and stage the dirt, then dump at night. Cover the expelled overdig with snow to camo it and oila. looks like it did yesterday at dawn's break...
Literally dumping dirt at 12:30a, then shower and bed each night... lol one time pain man, one time pain.
McKush is offline Quote

Old 12-09-2013, 07:04 PM #7
McKush
Éirinn go Brách

Been working on ventilation final design and utilities for the FR. Decisions, decisions. I can bring fresh air in from the outside via any size duct I want to the FR. I can also bring in air from the studio area - the FR is just a sealed room within another sealed and soundproofed room - so I can bring in treated air too (i.e. fresh into the studio then warm and into the FR.)

So I have two possible ventilation approaches - or I could do both. Which I will not do as that would be a mistake! at least at the same time.

What I'm thinking about doing and very much need expert advice is to put in ventilation from outside and also from within the studio area both. Ah but you think I'm doing what I just said I would not do....???? knife valves people. I can set it up so that I can manually or even automatically change between outside air or studio air by moving two knife valves on/off.

Anyone see, do anything similar? Overkill? (maybe, wtf?, i'm doing the work so don't get your panties hiked up.) Or genius? seriously need feedback by experts with practical knowledge.

Onlookers please keep doing just that, if you do not understand HVAC and ventilation then I probably don't need your help. Just saying. And I've also been known to politely ignore help, so hey I'm my own man and will make the final call, cool, but I have to make that call today...

I've decided to post a few sanitized pics. Will only entertain questions I want to answer and not being a prick but I'll only share what I want you to know.
McKush is offline Quote

0 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-10-2013, 02:42 AM #8
McKush
Éirinn go Brách

Decision time folks so it is 8" direct into the FR from outside. I will feed the studio area on ots own 8" intake using a novel design I winged in me own noggin whilst tramping the aisles of McLowes.
McKush is offline Quote

Old 12-10-2013, 02:45 AM #9
McKush
Éirinn go Brách

By the way build pics and floorplan design or some version of what I think i'm doing in my ic album. Indoor mmj in process

https://www.icmag.com/ic/album.php?albumid=49413

Last edited by McKush; 12-10-2013 at 05:06 AM..
McKush is offline Quote

Old 12-14-2013, 07:31 PM #10
Buddler

Buddler has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by McKush View Post
Decision time folks so it is 8" direct into the FR from outside. I will feed the studio area on ots own 8" intake using a novel design I winged in me own noggin whilst tramping the aisles of McLowes.
Mckush how goes the build ? if your in cold climate 8 in. direct from outside to F R might be too cold shock the plants need a lung room. Bunker is lookin nice . Bud
Buddler is online now Quote