What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Retail?

Jhhnn

Veteran
Anybody have a list of which Metro Denver shops are going retail? Of those, which would members advise for & against?

Not that I intend to do much retail buying, but I gotta have a receipt for retail marijuana dated January 1, 2014 so that I can frame it!

Thanks to everyone!

RoadRash

Anybody have a list of which Metro Denver shops are going retail? Of those, which would members advise for & against?

Not that I intend to do much retail buying, but I gotta have a receipt for retail marijuana dated January 1, 2014 so that I can frame it!

Thanks to everyone!

there was a great article about it recently, some store in Colorado that had the first retail permit.

I confess that I can't find the link, but I'm pretty sure it was in an article here at ICMag, or from a websearch from here that brought me to their website.

are you going to take a picture of the medicine to go with the receipt ? :peacock:

Jhhnn

Veteran
there was a great article about it recently, some store in Colorado that had the first retail permit.

I confess that I can't find the link, but I'm pretty sure it was in an article here at ICMag, or from a websearch from here that brought me to their website.

are you going to take a picture of the medicine to go with the receipt ? :peacock:

I saw an article where Annie's in Central City was the first to receive a retail license, but that's 30 miles away over snowy mountain roads.

Pic? Great idea!

barnyard

I can't find any list of the rec centers yet. Many of the hearings are still in progress.

Are there any shops near your house Jhhhn? Maybe start with the ones within walking distance from your location and work your way out from there. This is a good opportunity for increased social integration in our communities and a welcome change from the hermit lifestyle that many growers have had to endure.

Are you still thinking about purchasing 8 eighths? $37.50 x 8 = $300 bucks! yowza!

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
don't think that list is public yet.... it's an application process, and if the process for rec. retail is anything at all like the process for medical lisencsing was after hb 1284, stores will be using their applications for the lisecsne AS the lisencse. just a guess....

I'd suggest calling the dispensaries that you like and asking their specific plans for jan. 1st. I guarantee you wont be the first person to ask "when can you sell me recreational retail here???"

also just ask ones you go in.

i suggest pink house, bomb ass flowers (a lil heavy on the ogk strains, but all very good) and killer bubble hash and wax/sap for dabbing.

Jhhnn

Veteran
Thank you, Avi, as always. I've never done the whole med card thing, and didn't come back to cannabis until after the passage of A64, anyway. I like the total anonymity of it, even with plant count restrictions. So the world of modern cannabis is new to me. I've never set foot in a dispensary. I'll call the Pink House people, for sure.

barnyard

looks like pink house has 6 locations in the s'Mile High city with somewhat different offerings.

Have you confirmed that they are going rec Avi?

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i haven't confirmed, but would just assume so, the rules are that anyone with med license can get rec license, untill 2016 when they will (supposedly) start taking new rec. applications. so it only stands to reason that those poised for vertical integration would take advantage of it ( i know that's a big assumption, there will probably be MANY dispensaries that simply cannot afford to RE-license as recreational, at least at first).

pink house is kinda a big player in the game (without acting like it really...)
they have multiple locations, yes, altho in my exp. the shelves are pretty consistent.... back in 2009 or so i bought a TON of rare dankness seeds from pink house (was growing for/with them at the time i think), mostly afghan ibl crosses....

I bet river rock will go rec, and they are.... decent, only very unreliable... inconsistent. kinda political with being the major force behind mmig lobbying group.... for that reason i've not been visiting riv. rock.

just visted denver kush club in 5 points in denver; they had some very good things on their shelves, picked up some pretty proper sssdh and some skywalker og....
had some great meds from ganja gourmet a while back, wasn't nearly as impressed on my latest visit tho.... but i'd assume he will probably be going rec as well (ganja gourmet that is).

I would suggest looking into westword articles by william breathes, he has done many dispensary reviews and seems to be pretty on point with many of the reviews....

my point of view on the whole med card thing is.... the card provides you the utmost protection under the law; and that's what i've been interested in since being in colorado; being the most legal i can be.
it's nice since amendment 20, that's gotten a tad easier!

barnyard

ooh, if you haven't eaten there yet, Colemans A Taste of Detroit across the street from the kush club has some delicious food. It's worth going in just to meet him.

I do read the Breathes articles...weedmaps is also a good resource.

I was always concerned about the HIPPA implications of a med card even though its supposed to be private (this has become less of a concern with the recent health care changes). If I would have had a stack of medical papers documenting an eligible medical condition that would be different, but I don't. So the last few years have probably cost me a little more money for my supplies but its been nice have a personal broker and he does save me time.

Come 2014 I'm going to try a gram of EVERYTHING! lol

any whose...hope you and yours are staying warm! :)

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i wouldn't worry about hippa, the med. records are pretty damn sealed... unless some entity (feds or local cops of some type) have a pre-existing investigation on you, they can't access the list, and if they have an investigation goin on you, they can just tell if yo are or are not a patient... doctor papers aren't kept by the state OR even the doctors office in most cases.

i've been to colemans soul food, good shit.

barnyard

thanks for the info

yes, Avi problems can arise when things go wrong such as clerical errors or IT issue. I try to avoid being on lists administered by the government but many people, of course, don't have a choice

BTW, medical also can also be legal so all the medical folks should be able to add 6 more plants, IMO.

Last edited:

barnyard

hope for the future!

hope for the future!

is everyone prepared for Eaglezation in 2014?

Attachments

• 016.jpg
    016.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 15
E

Eureka Springs Organics

I have been in about 75-80 shops in the Denver metro area in the past couple of months, and I would say the majority are going rec. It is a smaller number that don't want to make the transition. I would say 55-60 of the shops I have been in are going rec.

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
ganja gourmet said they will go rec, but won't make it by the first of january... I'd say by spring most places that WANT to and CAN will be rec.... but def NOT all will be good to go by on jan1st right out the gates... that's the impression that I get, most everyone wants to, and many are able to, but the state isn't quite prepared to license everyone in time for the first

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i was told that pinkhouse's "mile high" location will be open on jan1st.... federal and 20th, right by broncos stadium.....
always quality with them....

E

Eureka Springs Organics

Who is updating this list? I know of multiple stores that are not on that list that should be.

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have no idea, about that map, just found it on reddit weeks back, and it has been getting updated and re-shared, so I figured I'd share it here also.....

but I do know (according to william breathes, Westwords cannabis guy) that NO state licenses have been issued yet, and that there is NO official list of shops opening jan 1st....
like i said before, i assume that shops will be using their application as the license. just my guess...

ESO- just go ahead and post here the shops you "know" to be opening for rec... if you don't mind, sharing is caring. :)

:thanks: