What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

First grow in 10 years.

Elements001

Enhance
Veteran
attachment.php

Havnt grown in awhile, and felt like getting back into it again. I found this seed in a jar from a dispensary I got a few months ago, and decided to give it a go.

edit* Just realized I should've mentioned here the strain is Bruce Banner.

Attachments

• IMAG0209.jpg
    IMAG0209.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 12
  • IMAG0215.jpg
    IMAG0215.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 11
  • DSC02870
    DSC02870
    94.2 KB · Views: 24
  • IMAG0223.jpg
    IMAG0223.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 14
  • IMAG0228.jpg
    IMAG0228.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:

Elements001

Enhance
Veteran

Attachments

• IMAG0236.jpg
    IMAG0236.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 15
  • IMAG0240.jpg
    IMAG0240.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 11
  • IMAG0253.jpg
    IMAG0253.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 11
  • IMAG0254.jpg
    IMAG0254.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 12
  • IMAG0260.jpg
    IMAG0260.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 13

Elements001

Enhance
Veteran

then came the 400W MH and the 3' x 4' x 8' sun hut

Attachments

• IMAG0276.jpg
    IMAG0276.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 18
  • IMAG0295.jpg
    IMAG0295.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 11
  • IMAG0305.jpg
    IMAG0305.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 16
  • IMAG0313.jpg
    IMAG0313.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 13
  • IMAG0321.jpg
    IMAG0321.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 15

Elements001

Enhance
Veteran

then the tranplant into a 5 gal pot

Attachments

• IMAG0328.jpg
    IMAG0328.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 18
  • IMAG0329.jpg
    IMAG0329.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 12
  • IMAG0341.jpg
    IMAG0341.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 15
  • IMAG0347.jpg
    IMAG0347.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 13
  • IMAG0351.jpg
    IMAG0351.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 15

Elements001

Enhance
Veteran

pre flowers and then the transition to 12/12 w/ 600W HPS

Attachments

• IMAG0408.jpg
    IMAG0408.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 11
  • IMAG0356.jpg
    IMAG0356.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 12
  • IMAG0367.jpg
    IMAG0367.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 12
  • IMAG0398.jpg
    IMAG0398.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 15
  • IMAG0399.jpg
    IMAG0399.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 11

Elements001

Enhance
Veteran

and this is where I currently am, day 3 of flower, plant is on day 56 overall since sprout.

Oh, and I forgot the mention this seed was found in a oz of Bruce Banner I bought from a local dispensary. Probably gonna be prone to hermie, but all is great so far.

Attachments

• IMAG0411.jpg
    IMAG0411.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 11
  • IMAG0410.jpg
    IMAG0410.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 10
  • Co2
    Co2
    74 KB · Views: 31

green_thumb...

Strain Whore Extraordinaire!
Veteran
Awesome! Looks good. The Bruce banner I hear and read is good. Did you take cuts? Or is this going to be a one run gal?

Elements001

Enhance
Veteran
Yeah, I took 2 cuts right before I turned her. One is looking really good and I feel will definentily root. Never cloned before so didnt want to take too many as I wasnt sure if Id get any to root. Using rapid rooters in a 7" dome under some flourescent lights and going really smooth so far.
The Bruce Banner is stretching quite a bit during the off period and I feel like she could be closer to the light but dont want to burn her. I just tied her main branch down in an attempt to somehoe control this stretch. Gonna be at least 5-6 foot when done

green_thumb...

Veteran
Right on. And if you have doubt and can take as many as possible to ensure success. Cant wait to see how she turns out.

Elements001

Enhance
Veteran

side top

On day 6 of flower right now, had to tie her down a bit because she is stretching quite a bit during the off period, but looking pretty good so far. Picture doesnt really do it justice. I have like 2 canopys now, its kinda weird, but fun.
Started her on some General Hydroponics FloraNova Bloom when I turned her and its working pretty well. The guy at the hydro store also suggest two other things by GH I should by the second week of flower (and I am tomorrow or the next day), I just cant remember what they are at this time.
I started with 1 tsp per gal and moved up to 2 tsp per gal yesterday and no burn whatsoever.
Wanted to go all organic when I started this but that is proving to be a bit unpractical for my situation at the moment. This synthetic seems to be working great and even smells somehwat of organics.
Good Stuff!
:smoke:

Attachments

• IMAG0432.jpg
    IMAG0432.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 12
  • IMAG0435.jpg
    IMAG0435.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 12

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
looks like a nice bitch. welcome back. dont be shy to tie her ass down good now is perfect time.

Elements001

Enhance
Veteran
Thanks man. Dont know why I've kinda been being a pussy. Some weird thought in the back of my head just wanted to leave it be. That thought was stupid as fuck lol. Gonna train her real nice like now

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Good plan get her nice and even on all them tops, perfect time to maximize before bud set sets in. Doin a good job.

Elements001

Enhance
Veteran
Man, Im really starting to get that good old feeling from growing again. Gonna buy some light gage rope tomorrow and tie up a little scrog net and get all of her tops even like you suggested Tonygreen. She's just looking so good and is taking very well to the training. 6 days maximum and I should have all tops equal and have a nice wide net of tops that will encompass my entire tent!
This is definently worth everything I've put in it so far, I can't wait to see how she turns out.
No Nanners yet either so hopefully that'll keep going like that since I'm about 99% positive it was a seed from a self pollinated cut that had probably only a couple nanners. I'm more than ok if I only find one bunch or two in the whole run.
Clones I took about 5 days ago are doing well too, the leaves arent droopy at all, but I cant see any roots coming out of the rapid rooters yet. Pictures tomorrow night after I buy everything and get it setup

Elements001

Enhance
Veteran

In the night perios of day 7 right now, finishing up week one of flower. Went to my grow store yesterday and bought some of GH Liquid KoolBlom - bulking formula (0-10-10), GH Floralicious Plus (2-0.8-0.02) to go along with the GH FloraNova Bloom 4-8-7 I stared using a week ago, and am now going to start supplementing in the two I bought in the next feeding, going by their suggested feed schedule and what the grow store owner said. He's a really cool guy who know his shit and knows I dont have a ton of money to spend after everything else I've gotten and is giving me great advice on nutrients that will work well with my medium and grow. Guy gives me 20% everything too since I work at a dispensary here in CO, really great local business he's running there, prices arent even bad to start with.
Anyway, I finished tying her down last night and got all of her tops pretty much even now. 3 more days and I believe I'll have a very nice bushy canopy ready to start putting on some serious weight.
I gotta find a better angle or something, I feel like these pics dont do justice to just how wide shes gotten since I stated traing her about 5 days ago. She's really hardly even showing signs of stress from it all too, it's almost like she wants to be tied down all over the place.

p.s. have you seen this trait much in strains? the tiny two leaves cloest to the stem kinda curve inward. I think it's cool a fuck but I cant recall seeing it before. Hope those clones turn out well, this may indeed be something so hold onto

Attachments

• IMAG0454.jpg
    IMAG0454.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 14
  • IMAG0455.jpg
    IMAG0455.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 13
  • IMAG0456.jpg
    IMAG0456.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 11
  • IMAG0457.jpg
    IMAG0457.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 11

Elements001

Enhance
Veteran
day 9 right now, just fed her the new mix of nutrients last night and she really seems to enjoy them. She's also drinking 2 gallons every other day now as well. thinking about maybe giving her a gallon a day instead since shes in coco now and got a little drier than she shouldve before I fed her.

Anyway, just wanted to post a picture, shes doing so good right now. This is why I spent $800 getting back into this again.

Attachments

• IMAG0467.jpg
    IMAG0467.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 9
  • IMAG0464.jpg
    IMAG0464.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 10

green_thumb...

Veteran
Very nice, shes lookin happy. More frequent feeding like the 1 gal a day rather than 2 gal every 2 days helps greatly. In veg too, you can get hydro like growth out of coco gettin the watering down.

Lookin perfect here. I'll keep lurkin and can't wait to see what you get out of her.

Elements001

Enhance
Veteran
Oon the beginning of week 3 of flower right now. I had to tie her down some more, and Im guessing I'll probably have to a couple more times before shes done.

I started to notice that the new growth from the lower branches (that are now even with the rest of the canopy) are not quite as green as some of the other older growth. Not sure if its a magnesium deficiency, or possibly iron or sulfer. The GH FloraNova Bloom I use has pretty much everything in it, and I add some cal/mag about once a week. Thinking about using the cal/mag with every watering but not sure if I need to/if it would hurt. Moved the light up a bit, but dont think its from that, the leaks are all pretty perky and upright, even the top ones.

Attachments

• IMAG0505.jpg
    IMAG0505.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 11
  • IMAG0509.jpg
    IMAG0509.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 10
  • IMAG0517.jpg
    IMAG0517.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 14
  • IMAG0515.jpg
    IMAG0515.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 10
  • IMAG0518.jpg
    IMAG0518.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 9

Elements001

Enhance
Veteran
i know, its crazy man :watchplant:. should've turned her weeks sooner I guess, but I think she'll just fit inside the whole of the tent by the time shes done. I tied her down more last night and shes already almost completely bounced back from it.
Been reading through some posts and think I'm just gonna add 5 mL of calmag with next watering to see if it helps with the color. It's not really bad, but I feel like it is off a little bit for sure.

Latest posts

Latest posts