Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > ICMag Vendor Forums > Seed Boutique > Seed Boutique Vendors > DJ Short and Legends Seeds > Blueberry @ 6 Weeks Bloom

Thread Title Search
Blueberry @ 6 Weeks Bloom Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-19-2006, 06:46 AM #1
sirharrynuggz
Prankster

sirharrynuggz will become famous soon enoughsirharrynuggz will become famous soon enoughsirharrynuggz will become famous soon enough
Blueberry @ 6 Weeks Bloom

When I first got my pack of DJ Shorts BB, I was a little disappointed. 4 of them were very pale, and never germinated. 6 grew nice and healthy, then 3 showed male flowers and were canned. This left me with 3 decent looking ladies. I threw them into flowering after taking clones and labeling them for each mother. Well two of them look good, very similar with a sweet smell, but puny buds. This one looks like the keeper to me though, and I am happy with my purchase overall. I still have a mother for this beauty, so BB will be in my garden for quite a while.

The following statement is true:
The above statement is false.

I love Lucy
sirharrynuggz is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-19-2006, 06:54 AM #2

Lookin good from here harry. So would you reccomed DJS BB to someone who does not have the room to keep a clone mother? Because from that point of view it seems as if $133 american is alot for 3 girls. I guess what Im asking is if you did not have a clone mother, would you still say that those 3 ladies are worth the money? Just wondering because I plan on getting some BB soon, Im just not sure which to get, becauase Ive been told that DJ's is the best quality, but I could get 10 Feminised BB beans from Dutch Passion for about the same price as DJ's non fems. Any advice would be appreciated. thanks

keep it green

Last edited by guerilla1018; 04-20-2006 at 07:32 AM..

Old 04-19-2006, 06:58 AM #3
sirharrynuggz
Prankster

sirharrynuggz will become famous soon enoughsirharrynuggz will become famous soon enoughsirharrynuggz will become famous soon enough
Well, hopefully I just got a bad pack. I want to order more of these and some Flo, but am a little hesitant. It seems that for the price, every single seed should be rich brown and healthy, and that was not the case with my pack. So, I don't know if you cant keep a mother, but if you can, it's worth it as long as you find at least one really good female.

I love Lucy

Old 04-19-2006, 07:08 AM #4
Captain Hook

Captain Hook is on a distinguished road
Why not contact the breeder to see if they'd like to do anything for you before complaining too much on the board? Maybe they'll share 5 or 6 more beans /w/ ya... who knows... I don't mean to get on ya or anything, just trying to make a helpful suggestion.... most breeders are very generous and fair - but this tends to change if too much negative posting goes on prior to personal contact.

I went with Dutch Passions' a long time ago, and was very pleased... and as far as I know, DJ has only gone on to improve this world renound strain... so I'd be checking with him/legends to see about some help here... especially since you've got pics of the plants to back your experience up (still have the original packaging? If you do, that's another major "proof" bonus.)

Good luck... hope that "one and only" eventually becomes a "blow your mind" mom!!

cap'n

Last edited by Captain Hook; 04-19-2006 at 07:10 AM..
Captain Hook is offline Quote

Old 04-19-2006, 07:31 AM #5
sirharrynuggz
Prankster

It wasn't really negative I dont think, just what happened. DJ Short is probably my favorite breeder so far. I have tried Sensi, Serious, White Label, and Nirvana. DJ is my favorite, but I did get some sub-par beans out of the pack. I went with DJ over DP, because it's his strain, and that's what I wanted. Besides I said I was happy, so thanks for the suggestion, but I don't think I am being negative.

I love Lucy

Old 04-19-2006, 07:11 PM #6
Kiefer

Kiefer has disabled reputation
i'm trying to decide on a breeder for blueberry.. does anyone have any idea if this strain will finish outside at 43N in USA?
Kiefer is offline Quote

Old 04-20-2006, 06:57 AM #7

thanks harry, I definately hear you on that, Ive heard almost 100% positive things about all of DJ's strains, thats why I was sio surprised by your results. Anyways hope the grow goes well and that mom of yours brings you lots of blueberry babies for years to come

keep it green, (or purpleish in this case
guerilla

Last edited by guerilla1018; 04-20-2006 at 07:32 AM..

Old 04-20-2006, 06:23 PM #8
The Iceman
MAD STRIKER

The Iceman has a spectacular aura aboutThe Iceman has a spectacular aura aboutThe Iceman has a spectacular aura aboutThe Iceman has a spectacular aura about
I would stay away from any femenized beans...especially from Dutch Passion....there known for there hermies
The Iceman is offline Quote

Old 04-20-2006, 11:31 PM #9

dutch passion may have hermies, but to say all fem have hermies is quite a sweeping statement. have done VBS freebie with great success and no hermies..

p.s. looking very, very frosty harry

Old 04-21-2006, 10:40 AM #10
Kush King

Kush King is on a distinguished road
Fuck Nice plant man! happy 4:20