Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Grow Diaries > Micro Grows > Chevy's 65W organic LED Jack Flash micro scrog

Thread Title Search
Chevy's 65W organic LED Jack Flash micro scrog Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-29-2013, 04:55 PM #1
Chevy cHaze
Out Of Dankness Cometh Light

Chevy cHaze is a splendid one to beholdChevy cHaze is a splendid one to beholdChevy cHaze is a splendid one to beholdChevy cHaze is a splendid one to beholdChevy cHaze is a splendid one to beholdChevy cHaze is a splendid one to beholdChevy cHaze is a splendid one to beholdChevy cHaze is a splendid one to beholdChevy cHaze is a splendid one to beholdChevy cHaze is a splendid one to beholdChevy cHaze is a splendid one to behold
Chevy's 65W organic LED Jack Flash micro scrog

Hi everyone,
It's me Chevy Chaze
I'd like to share this little run from Seed with you, let's see how it goes !

This cabinet was setup by me not to be as stealthy as possible ( I have an extra room I can lock, so no worries about people wandering in by accident), but to be as quiet as possible. It's only separated form another appartment by one wall, so the goal was to get it down to a mere whisper when running on max.

The Cabinet itself is made out of metal (basically looks like an old military style ammunitions box turned upright), has wheels and a couple other nice features.
It is made by a german company and comes equipped with a carbon scrubber/inline fan contraption (fan sits inside the scrubber) and a 250W cooltubed HPS with digital ballast( that I switched for an LED Unit because of heat issues and to further decrease the already small electricity bill from the 250WHPS). I did NOT build the cabinet myself, I just bought it and then gutted it and set it up to my specifications.
Size is roughly 40cmX60cm and height is approximately 110cm.
A Hans Panel with 65W (if run in full flowering mode, I'll get to that in a bit) will serve as a light source.
This thing was already pretty silent, but I wanted to see how I could get the decibels down just a bit more.
PolyUrethane foam, extruded and pressed to mats/sheets along with really heavy bitumen sheets was the answer for me.
Here's the cabinet, the black stuff is bitumen sheets I used them under the PU as to prevent all sorts of ratteling/humming and whatnot.

Yes, hot glue is the solution to 75% of the problems we are facing today

Last edited by Chevy cHaze; 10-29-2013 at 05:07 PM.. Reason: not trying to sell anything here
Chevy cHaze is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-29-2013, 04:58 PM #2
Chevy cHaze

Chevy cHaze is a splendid one to beholdChevy cHaze is a splendid one to beholdChevy cHaze is a splendid one to beholdChevy cHaze is a splendid one to beholdChevy cHaze is a splendid one to beholdChevy cHaze is a splendid one to beholdChevy cHaze is a splendid one to beholdChevy cHaze is a splendid one to beholdChevy cHaze is a splendid one to beholdChevy cHaze is a splendid one to beholdChevy cHaze is a splendid one to behold
Here's the cab after the last sheet of PU over bitumen:

Yeah I know it's not perfectly aligning, but I had to make do with what I got from a buddy.

Old 10-29-2013, 04:59 PM #3
Chevy cHaze

In order for the setup to not transmit any vibrations to the floor beneath, it is put on, again, PU and a thick massive wooden board:

This is the most important thing to not get any humming or vibrating noises, especially noticeable during the quiet night hours when the house is asleep.

Old 10-29-2013, 05:01 PM #4
Chevy cHaze

Now let me show you the interior!

You can see the carbon scrubber above the LED Panel and the mylar lining( that's not on properly I must admit)

Here's for a more closeup view of the bottom, the cloning "room" with its two fluoros and the air intakes:

and here the top compartment:

I'm using little super strong neodym magnets to hold my mylar, so I can adjust it if needed.

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-29-2013, 05:05 PM #5
Chevy cHaze

here a closeup of the vantilation and lighting:

The panel has three modes that can be selected by a switch: seedlings/ clones, mothers, and full flower. in each mode a different number of different LEDs comes on. When running it in seedling mode it cunsumes app. 25W of power:

mother mode looks similar, although it's slightly different, and here's FULL FLOWER, damn those aliens are abducting me again:

Well, that was pretty dry stuff, but now we're getting to the good stuff:

The Actors have arrived on set !

Guess I'm gonna call them the three stooges. One was pretty fast with germinating, number two is getting there and number three? Looks like she's a stoner already !She ? Yes, that's because I used feminized seeds. They're feminized Jack Flashes form Sensi.

Once these little girls have moved on a bit, they'll go into the cabinet and will later be transplanted to Plagron royalmix ( all organic as far as I know).

Well that's it for now, back when there's news from the girls.

See you soon, take care everybody and keep it g(r)oin' !
And keep the noise down dammit !

Old 10-29-2013, 10:58 PM #6
jenery

jenery is a jewel in the roughjenery is a jewel in the roughjenery is a jewel in the roughjenery is a jewel in the roughjenery is a jewel in the roughjenery is a jewel in the roughjenery is a jewel in the rough
jenery has completed 1 grow reports. Click to see my Grow Reports
Taking a seat, great beginning, good luck!

CBD grow
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=250283
jenery is offline Quote

Old 10-30-2013, 11:36 AM #7
Chevy cHaze

Jenery, thanks for stopping by!
I guess the girls will soon be ready for some repotting and more light.

Old 10-30-2013, 02:32 PM #8
Nabat

Nabat is a jewel in the roughNabat is a jewel in the roughNabat is a jewel in the roughNabat is a jewel in the roughNabat is a jewel in the roughNabat is a jewel in the rough
Wow! Nice set up!I'm curious to see how it works your led Panel..oi!

Micro cab experiment 12/12 da seme LsT
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=274695
Nabat is offline Quote

Old 10-30-2013, 02:54 PM #9
Chevy cHaze

Hi Nabat ! good to see you around here.
I'll post the next update tomorrow !

Cheers!

Old 10-31-2013, 06:23 AM #10
Dr 4 four

Dr 4 four will become famous soon enoughDr 4 four will become famous soon enough
Chevy! I've been waiting for someone to show us what that LED panel can do. I've been following the ledgrow site for some time, but couldn't see spending $240+$50 s&h. So I thank you for making this thread. Also is that the older model without the white LEDs?
Dr 4 four is offline Quote