What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Valley Of The Skunk

Hey all, I am new here but have been growing a while. I have a modest setup but have learned to make the most of it. I have been running the following set up:

flowering area:
3x3x5 tent
400 watt hps in 6 inch air cooled reflector
650 CFM fan for exhaust
Passive air for intake
6 inch fans inside for circulation

Mom/clone/veg:
6x3x10 cabinet
6 lamp 30 k, T5 4 ft fluoros top lighting
2 T8 Side lighting
6 fans for circulation

Flower:
CAM00478.jpg

From left top: Church, Buddha Tahoe
Bottom: Kaia Kush

Veg:

CAM00479.jpg

Just seedlings now :)

SV

Thank you, friends for the welcome.

Some info for this round:

Kaia, Tahoe & church sprouted on Sept 28

My seedlings are:

wwxbb
critical +
Snowcap
grapefruit

and, a very special seedling, she was a single seed found in a bag of some extremely well grown ghost og. I have my fingers crossed.

All of these sprouted Oct 22 and are happy. Hoping to find some moms amongst these fine genetics. I also have a few tga beans, some hso bubba kush and a local strain called SF sour diesel.

SV

The ladies are growing great. Tops are being moved under the screen, water every few days. I have noticed some leaf damage. Not sure if a bug got in or if it suffered a tear from the screen. I will be taking clones from 3 of the 4. Kaia kush 1 is growing much faster than her sister.

The seedlings are happy under the floros. The TGA, HSO and local seeds I germed havent popped yet. Hopefully they will soon. I always get nervous after 3 days without a pop.

I am considering trying the general organis line since I am nearly out of ff.

More pics to come, too lazy tonight ;-)

West coast dawg flowers, topped with bluberry budder.

1383025029947.jpg

SV

Starting brewing up some tea for the ladies.

Recipe:
3 gallons RO
2 handfulls EWC
1 handfull bat guano
1 handfull rock dust
2 handfull forest humus
2 TBL unsulphered blackstrap

I will bubble this for 24 hours in my grow room and feed it to the girls lights on tomorow.

SV

So, after a hard day of fishing, even things that you enjoy are a chore. I got through it, even got pics for ya'll.

The Tea is brewed:

It smells sweet, earthy and alive. All the ladies get some of my sweet tea ;-)

SV

Here is the flower room, although, I am vegging in it at the moment. I dont usually run a scrog but wanted to try it out.

Any how, Here are the ladies:

They are happy and growing well. The tahoe is really filling up her section on screen.

Looks good!

SV

Kaia Kush 2:

The color is horrible in this pic. As you can see, bigger and bushier than KK 1. Have a worry she might be a male, but its too soon.

SV

Overall, I am pleased. I will wait until they have covered thier section with nice green tops, then flip and tuck for towering cola forest.

SV

It always amazes me, Whenever I give my ladies tea, the grow like mad :)

I will need to come up with a suitable flowering tea soon. Anyone got recipes?

SV

Hey all, thought I would post an update. The veg cycle is always tedious for me. One of the mundane aspects of the whole process.

the ladies are doing well and responding to the scrog admirably. lower branches are growing, filling the screen with lush, green growth. I haven't removed much from below the canopy only leaves that hung low enough to touch the soil have been removed. Watering them is a pita. I like to avoid runoff so I try to be Johnny on the spot with water delivery. Sometimes I miss, lol. I am working on a design to allow me to automate the watering process. Nothing crazy, just a pump inside a bucket with lines to drippers so I don't need to work so hard. :)

I took some pics with the lights off to show how green the girls are.

lights off

killerweed31

Smile Vs Cry
Veteran
definitely beautifull plants and cab, im impressed by the progress of your plants, should be a serious scrog run

Well, after some rough calculations, it was decided to flip these ladies. My decision was based on stretch calculations and a conversation with the wife ;-)

Projected harvest window is early to mid January

SV

These girls are 3 days into 12/12

Very happy with the progress and look forward to a tent full of buds :)

As always, comments' questions etc.

SV

Girls got some tea today and are doing well. Alas, no high drama to report. Slow and steady goes the garden, waiting for the stretch to start.

SV