What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cherry Bomb

GoodbyeBlueSky

so i got my hands on a sample of this little beauty and decided to do a smoke report on it... this is the original clone version, not Reef's Cherry Bomb 2...

Smell...
definately got a heavy sativa lean to it. it's a rather undefined, tart, fruity smell... it's kinda like the cherry pheno of AK-47 with more sour, sativa like undertones.

Bud Structure...
it's not too dense, but it's not as whispy as ,say, a haze dominant plant. the buds are shaped more like super skunk or something of that nature. only a little more whispy and light. great trichome coverage...

Taste...
tastes a little harsher than the smell would lead one to believe. probobly due to the relative lightness of the buds, makes them burn up faster. still a very sweet, fruity taste. the sativa-ness is even more apparent in the smoke.

High...
this was perhaps the best aspect of this pot. it was a really racey, up kinda high, but at the same time it didn't make me feel uneasy or paranoid. i was very stressed the first time i smoked it, and instead of leaving me dwelling on my problems, i decided to turn up some music and wash the dishes. this is a great one to smoke during the day.

G

Excellent. You have a gift for brevity that I lack, brother. :) Nice and to the point.

Did you grow this? If so, do you have pics in flower?

GoodbyeBlueSky

yeah, i thought i'd cut out the bullshit and leave the meat of the subject matter... trust me, i could ramble on and on...

no i didn't grow it, i know someone who just finished up a couple of the clones...

fjällhöga

HazeAddictedFanatic
ICMag Donor
Veteran
uff very nice indeed :)
i love the original from Mr Greengenes its something special, we crossed a fem CB to DutchFlowers Venomberry f1 male 4 -some to give the offspring some variation ...
I grew the offspring out and found a nice CB pheno mom with some purple and heavy couchlock from the Venomberry :) i find it to be a bit to tabacco like tasting as i prefer more spicy-fruity tasting nugs. But my nugs look really like yours just a bit darker due to the VB influence

nice to see some more people smoking this strain as one of my buddies is in love with this specimen ..

GoodbyeBlueSky

that's interesting that you refer to the taste as 'tobacco' like... i was trying to describe the way the smoke is kinda harsher than the smell leads one to believe, that would be a good way...

if one were to want something that tastes and smells strongly of cherry i would suggest they dig through a bag of serious seeds' ak-47 and find that pheno... but AK is a bit more couchlocky than this stuff... it's like so up and mood elevating...

your nugs do look pretty similar.

G

Is Mr.Greengenes' the original Cherry Bomb? Is it the clone-only Cali plant? I thought the two were different.

G

GBS, you could be right, probably are.

My understanding after looking around a bunch was that there are three Cherry Bombs:

The "original" Southern Cali, clone-only, indica-dominant Cherry Bomb.

Then Mr.Greengenes came across a cherry-flavored pheno in his Maui Wowie stock and stabliized it, calling it Cherry Bomb. Of course, this one is sativa-dominant, huge yielder.

Then Reeferman crossed the clone-only Cali CB with Mr.G's sativa-dom CB and called the hybrid Cherry Bomb II.

But I'm wondering if that's all accurate.

Regardless, those are beautiful buds and the smoke report was excellent.

GoodbyeBlueSky

.canine. said:
GBS, you could be right, probably are.

My understanding after looking around a bunch was that there are three Cherry Bombs:

The "original" Southern Cali, clone-only, indica-dominant Cherry Bomb.

Then Mr.Greengenes came across a cherry-flavored pheno in his Maui Wowie stock and stabliized it, calling it Cherry Bomb. Of course, this one is sativa-dominant, huge yielder.

Then Reeferman crossed the clone-only Cali CB with Mr.G's sativa-dom CB and called the hybrid Cherry Bomb II.

But I'm wondering if that's all accurate.

Regardless, those are beautiful buds and the smoke report was excellent.

this stuff i'm smoking is sativa dominant... it's definately got some indica in it, but not much... i'd say 25% or less... hard to say for sure though. i wouldn't be surprised if it was from Mr. Greengenes stock if you say it's from Maui Wowie origin... wouldn't surprise me at all... it's got a bit of a hawaiian feel to it...

Reign of Terror

but mr.g's cherry bomb is pure sativa so you are not smoking pure mr. g's at all, it has to be some sort of hybrid or something and it sounds like cherrybomb II to me even though you did state that it isnt, it has to be.

you were probably gifted a clone of cherry bomb II, that what it sounds like regardless, because mr.g's suspects that the maui waui actually came from thailand. so there wouldnt be a slight indica feel from it

Reign

G

Spoke with RM yesterday on above subject. He has the original CB in mother form and says it is pure indica. Smoked some CB hash as well, very stony and strong! I hope to aquire this strain for it's medical uses.
Peace from the Dam
MOD

zamalito

Veteran
I thought the greengenes cherry bomb was also known as the kentucky cherry bomb. The reeferman cherry bomb II is a cross of the kentucky cherry bomb and an m80 based indica like cherry bomb. I got a bunch of the m80 based cherry bomb from prairie fire (what reeferman used to be) and it produced 1 excellent pheno and the other 20 females were a kinda so somuch less resinous but more strechy m80 skunk type pheno. The greengenes kentucky cherry bomb I think was a maui wowie acclimated to kentucky. Greengenes used to sell it on cbay auction as kentucky cherry bomb. I know reeferman definitely used two different cherry bombs for the cherry bomb II one definitely was the kentucky which was sativa based and the other was from cali and was indica based. I assume the greengenes was the sativa based one but could be wrong.

Reign of Terror

you are right zam, mr.g's cherry bomb is a maui waui stabilized cherry pheno ibl, mr.g was near positive that it was thailand origin, and i believe he had a friend who was into cannabis and was a horticulturalist so it can only be fact

GoodbyeBlueSky

wow... it's getting interesting in here... thanks for the fact check MOD...

after assimilating all this new info i've come to the conclusion that what i have is most likely a sativa dominant pheno of Reef's Cherry Bomb II... it is neither a pure indica or sativa...

the taste and feel of this pot tell me Sativa all the way, but the bud structure has an undeniable indica influence... the high really reminds me of the last time i smoked some hawaiian... that soaring thai influence... like an amphetamine rush...

but once again i can't be certain... maybe i'll try and track down the guy who gave my friend the clone in the first place... til then my money's on that it's Reef's Cherry Bomb II

G

M O D said:
Spoke with RM yesterday on above subject. He has the original CB in mother form and says it is pure indica. Smoked some CB hash as well, very stony and strong! I hope to aquire this strain for it's medical uses.
Peace from the Dam
MOD

Sweet- excellent timing, MOD. Enjoy yourself over there.

glasspackedbowl

Medical Test grower. Inquire within...
Veteran
yeah I heard reeferman had the cherry bomb indica. I would like to see this at some seed venders. MOD tell RM that if you can. I have been wanting it for 2 or so years. :woohoo: :wave:

Latest posts

Latest posts