What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Natural Guttation on cannabis flowers

TickleMyBalls

just don't molest my colas..
Veteran
Now this is a phenomena that seems to be pretty rare in cannabis without the aid of extra carbs. I use no sweeteners or carbs in my nutrient regimen. I have grown well over 100 strains probably closer to 200 at this point, and this is the fist experience I have had with guttation.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guttation

This is the moonshine haze clone that took first place in the sativa category at the Amsterdam high times cup in 2011.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

TickleMyBalls

just don't molest my colas..
Veteran
Nasty indeed Avi. Anyone else have a strain that does this naturally? So sweet, it's sappy.

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Nice one! Great photos, too! And thanks for helping me learn something new today.

phog

Veteran
i have one that oozes every time, Cherry Cake#2. these pics are from 4 different harvests-

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

SeedsOfFreedom

Veteran
Awesome pictures everyone! My friend has an OG Kush cutting that he swears oozes. I was never sure if I believed him, but now, I am sure. To bad its not resin, it is just Cannabis sap. I do look forward to budding the cut myself in the future, and maybe see the ooze myself.

FatherEarth

Veteran
Have you tested the PH of the sap ooze? Does it happen no matter what or do certain conditions help favor the process?

FatherEarth

Veteran
after reading the wiki on it, I have plants doing this right now. I called it sweating, but this is obviously the proper term. I have leaves covered in droplets on the tips, when they dry they leave a white residue... Thanks for sharing, Ill see if I can get some pics of it..

randalika

Mentor
Veteran
awesome pictures guys! :good:

a little info btw:
if u're using water-soluble pesticides that the plant absorbs through the roots, don't eat these drops.
the plant exude components of the used pesticide by those guttation-drops.

A

AlterEgo860

its sugary sap... doesnt get u high .. has nothing in it like trichomes so... its kinda worthless .. and makes buds taste like complete shit!

Huel Perkins

Veteran
My Jack the Ripper (pink lemonade pheno) does this regularly. I don't have as many strains under my belt as you TMB, but this was the first strain i've ever seen it in personally. I've collected several drops of it while trimming and attempted to let it dry but it never will, it stays as sticky a week later as it does straight off the plant. I've eaten it several times as well and it defiantly carries the terps, it tastes like lemon heads candy off the JTR.

Just yesterday i noticed it again in another strain while trimming The Krishna (DJ's Blueberry x God Bud f1), the taste was very sweet as expected but had an awful bitter after taste...

Glad i'm not the only one who's tried eating this stuff before lol!

Latest posts

Latest posts