What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Sweet Skunk peak seeds

Ganjohn420

Hi everyone this is my first post here, I'm 6 weeks into flower today with Sweet Skunk from peak seeds. There's 40 of them scrogged on a 3'x6' table under 2 600 watt hps. Her stalks are pretty tall with alot of buds but I really need to fatten them up!! I'm running Technalflora's recipe for success at about 40% of what it calls for, probably could've used a little less, their pretty dark and notice a little burning at the very tip, i've brought my ppm down to 870 with 6.0 ph. What im wondering is what can I do to try to get some more weight out of them? I have some MOAB I am wanting to use but am afriad to burn them. Any suggestions would be appreciated! Thanks for reading

Ganjohn420

Sorry forgot to add that i'm in ebb and flo with 5" pots with expanded clay, running Co2 and room is 79-80 degrees f during the day and 70 degrees f at night

F

Folate

Peaks SS is the most intriguing/attractive looking strain I've grown to date. I think it will start to fatten up all on its own around week 6-8. Mine went about 10-11 weeks. Great smoke!
I don't have experience with any bloom boosters, sorry.
Folate

Ganjohn420

Thanks Folate thats good to hear, I was beginning to get nervous that they wouldn't get any fatter before they need to come down. I have some of peaks KNL on another table and the colas are chunky already so I thought something was wrong. They are looking nice and resy plus they smell awesome

SGS

In The Garden
Veteran
Got any pics? Peaks stuff is generally great! Would love to see some pics if you have them... have grown out their northernberry and blueberry... thier version of blueberry goes way back... they have kepts the line more stable and in its original form better then DJ Short or Dutch Passion,, so to me that says a lot to the credit they have in offering quality seeds.

Lazuli

yeah would love to see some pix, ive been smoking on some of their nl x skunk for awhile that i grew last year holds a really good shelf life, also grew the nl x bc purple kush that was potent stuff aswell, peaks stuff is great their skunk yeilds well too.

Ganjohn420

I'll throw some pics up tn after the lights come on, and I agree they offer quality seeds with no bs, very professional service. I did have some trouble with heat throughout this round so some of my calyxes stretched alot, and i didnt anticipate how much they were going to strech after the flip my lights are on the ceiling right now and some of the girls are damn near touching them lol. This was my first time scroging and I made some rookie mistakes but I guess it's all part of learning

Ganjohn420

Sorry it took so long for me to get the pics up, you can see how much they strecthed, i let the scrog get a little outta control, plus the heat problem put a hurt on me. Please do need let my work reflect peak seeds quality, i did not do these girls justice. Had they been given the proper care they could have been some solid 2 foot colas easy. All of the seeds germinated in two days, one in water and one in a paper towel. This is my first hydro grow and they took a little abuse. I will put of pics of my second try once it gets going.

Attachments

• Pic-09222013-005.jpg
    Pic-09222013-005.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 10
  • Pic-09242013-001.jpg
    Pic-09242013-001.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 14
  • Pic-09242013-006.jpg
    Pic-09242013-006.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 11
  • Pic-09242013-004.jpg
    Pic-09242013-004.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 10
  • Pic-09242013-005.jpg
    Pic-09242013-005.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 17
T

TREE KING

have any of you guys grown both sweet skunks from peak seeds and next generation? I'm curious to know the differences. I'm running some ng s1's as we speak

Ive grown next gens island. It was some of the best herb ive ever grown. Tall and lanky with big yields of the smelliest coffee rich incense

T

TREE KING

Ive grown next gens island. It was some of the best herb ive ever grown. Tall and lanky with big yields of the smelliest coffee rich incense

nice! they started out real slow when they we're seedlings and it had me worried. after i started upping the nutes then they really took off. looks like they need alot of nutes from what I'm seeing. I'm hoping for a plant with one huge main cola.

onf could you tell me some other good strains that you grew? I'm curious what your comparing it to. also what did you think about the yields, stink and bud density?

Ive grown a few things but at the time i acquired the beans in bc i also was growing the romulan, sour diesel, hogsbreath and bullrider circa 1996. The island yielded very well and compared to the sour d in structure and vigor. What made it stand out was the smell, potency, and flavor. Just very distinct rich coffee funk. We miss it for sure

T

TREE KING

Ive grown a few things but at the time i acquired the beans in bc i also was growing the romulan, sour diesel, hogsbreath and bullrider circa 1996. The island yielded very well and compared to the sour d in structure and vigor. What made it stand out was the smell, potency, and flavor. Just very distinct rich coffee funk. We miss it for sure

and you would say the potency is in line with sour diesel?

Yes i remember it being very potent. I bought the beans on a whistler boarding trip from kind seeds in bc. It had just won their local cup.

T

TREE KING

nice thanks for the info. il be growing them next to some chem 4 s1's so we'll see how they compare. i know the chem will be more indica though

They both have similar growth rates and both are potent but are totally opposite ends of the spectrum as far as end product which is a great thing imo. That room will smell incredible

Latest posts

Latest posts